• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Navaro Bowman cotract extension

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Now I'm reading 4:30, not 4.

Is this just to talk about the contract, being excited to play together, etc? Seems like higher-profile players lately have press conferences after signing extensions. Arian Foster comes to mind.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is this just to talk about the contract, being excited to play together, etc? Seems like higher-profile players lately have press conferences after signing extensions. Arian Foster comes to mind.

The contract will probably come up first, but usually you'll see them discuss other things as well.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another decision that John made which is overlooked is the decision to turn over command & control of the team to Jed. It took the young Squire just two short years (technically one) to bring us from obscurity to being one of the best teams in the NFL where we should remain for years to come. I have nothing but respect for the Yorks!

Best move they he ever made. Jed has been nothing short of amazing with the things he has done including the stadium deal.

Reviving the franchise, absolutely

Cornholing the existing season ticket holders for that corporate dollar still stings though

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman gets an offer he can’t refuse | ProFootballTalk

They have a year-by-year breakdown of Bowman's extension here.

Compared to what I remember of T.Suggs' contract and I think this is one helluva deal for Bowman - Well done 49ers!

Now, restructure A.Smith and I think we can make a serious offer for Goldson in the off-season. That said, I think it is possible will receive bigger offers in the open market than what we may offer so it may come down to intangibles for Dashon - See the ring, Dashon - See the ring!

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just wow. the best LB core in the game, maybe by the end of the contract the best LB group ever.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nobody else is extremely worried about this???? Have you seen the salary cap for next season?

...Well, I guess this means Alex is DEFINITELY gone next season, which is a good thing. I would've preferred that Bowman were traded, but now I'd like to see Brooks traded.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mindi Bach:

NaVorro Bowman told Patrick Willis this morning about his new deal "even tho I wasn't supposed to". Said he couldn't keep it from him #49ers

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nobody else is extremely worried about this???? Have you seen the salary cap for next season?

...Well, I guess this means Alex is DEFINITELY gone next season, which is a good thing. I would've preferred that Bowman were traded, but now I'd like to see Brooks traded.

this team is built for NOW, so we shouldn't be trading away starters now. we need them for another run next season. you don't build and become a serious SB contender, only to trade away players?

if they leave for better offers, or we can't fit them in, thats another matter.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
this team is built for NOW, so we shouldn't be trading away starters now. we need them for another run next season. you don't build and become a serious SB contender, only to trade away players?

if they leave for better offers, or we can't fit them in, thats another matter.

I wanted Bowman traded in the offseason. It's past the trade deadline anyway.

I was assuming he'd get Willis-type money though, so I'd have to think about it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, I wanted Bowman traded in the offseason. It's past the trade deadline anyway.

but that is still before NEXT seasons run?

i recall this next off season isn't so bad cap wise? so the core of this team can remain intact.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
but that is still before NEXT seasons run?

i recall this next off season isn't so bad cap wise? so the core of this team can remain intact.

Well, Bowman was under contract for next season anyway, so this move isn't a short-term move anyway. But I think the Niners could have done more to address other issues with the 7-10 million per season I was assuming he'd get than the difference between Bowman and another ILB they might acquire.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, Bowman was under contract for next season anyway, so this move isn't a short-term move anyway. But I think the Niners could have done more to address other issues with the 7-10 million per season I was assuming he'd get than the difference between Bowman and another ILB they might acquire.

address other issues??? remove a Pro Bowl player to improve where?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are in good position for 2013. Salary cap next year should be around 121. They are about 4 to 5 million under based on salaries at NinerCapHell.com | 2013 Numbers. Getting rid of Alex Smith and David Akers saves 13 million. Biggest difference from 2012 to 2013 is Willis. He counts for 17 million this year and only 3.5 million next year. Baalke and Marathe are salary cap studs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niners are in good position for 2013. Salary cap next year should be around 121. They are about 4 to 5 million under based on salaries at NinerCapHell.com | 2013 Numbers. Getting rid of Alex Smith and David Akers saves 13 million. Biggest difference from 2012 to 2013 is Willis. He counts for 17 million this year and only 3.5 million next year. Baalke and Marathe are salary cap studs.

yes, so you keep as much of this team together for another run. it isn't easy assembling a solid team, nor easy holding them together. so we'd better make the most of it now AND next season per Justin Smith.

we can't keep everyone, but why trade someone away when you don't have to?