• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Navaro Bowman cotract extension

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news. Baalke doing his magic again.

Sp4lw2.gif

Oh yeah...

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN IT.... Now I got to buy me a Bowman jersey when I had bought an Aldon Smith one....

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@AlbertBreer: #49ers NaVorro Bowman's deal worth $45.25 million in new money over its 5 years. $25.5 million of that guaranteed.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK YEAH THATS AWEOME!!!!! Very surprised by this news. I really thought there would be no way of keeping Bowman giving our salary cap situation and the other players we have tied up in the position. Really did not want to lose him though, too good a player!

buddytheelfexcited.gif
[/IMG]

They are probably going to give him the money they had earmarked for Alex Smith next year.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we are able to resign Goldson Long term also now with this deal or does this mean we let him walk and draft someone or sign someone?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Opinions on this? Pozz?

That looks more like D'qwell Jackson money to me. Even more.

Edit: Just checked, I think Jackson got 5 years, $42.5 million with $19 million guaranteed. Compared to what Bowman reportedly just got: 5 years, $45.25 million with $25 million guaranteed.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Opinions on this? Pozz?

Well, D'Qwell Jackson, who I just brought up, got 5 years, $42.5M, 10.4M guaranteed, with a 7M signing bonus, but I'd like to see structure. I figured the total figure would wind up looking closer to his side than Washington or somebody else in his ballpark. I want to see structure and if the 42+ figure is the max with incentives, though.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't concentrate on the deal with all these breast c'mon guys.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we are able to resign Goldson Long term also now with this deal or does this mean we let him walk and draft someone or sign someone?

Last year, the 49ers and Goldson were reportedly only 1 million apart per year with Goldson. Something like he wanted 7.5 per year and the 49ers wanted to give him 6.5... which seems ridiculous that he'd turn that down.

Unfortunately Goldson seems to be holding out to be the highest paid safety in the NFL, while he deserves good money, he should get a lot more INTs if he wants to be the highest paid.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now I really hope Cam Johnson develops into a nice situational rusher over the next couple years while the 49ers have him locked up cheap. He was one of my all-time favorite 7th round picks this organization has made. He has got to get completely healthy first, though.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bowman and Willis are scheduled to have a press conference at 4 p.m. PT.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now I really hope Cam Johnson develops into a nice situational rusher over the next couple years while the 49ers have him locked up cheap. He was one of my all-time favorite 7th round picks this organization has made. He has got to get completely healthy first, though.

Cam is in the PS right now. The 49ers do not have him locked up

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back when York was slammed for just handing the GM job to Baalke without much of a serious search? I do, and I think for all the bitching about ownership that went on in years past -- we should note that he hired one of the best GMs now, hired I think the best coach in the NFL, and got a stadium built.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back when York was slammed for just handing the GM job to Baalke without much of a serious search? I do, and I think for all the bitching about ownership that went on in years past -- we should note that he hired one of the best GMs now, hired I think the best coach in the NFL, and got a stadium built.

It was well documented that when Denise & John took over the team, they inherited a mess. Within the financial constrictions they had to work and with the exception of Singletary, John & Jed have a history of making sound decisions, unfortunately some of them crashed and burned in a grand style.

Another decision that John made which is overlooked is the decision to turn over command & control of the team to Jed. It took the young Squire just two short years (technically one) to bring us from obscurity to being one of the best teams in the NFL where we should remain for years to come. I have nothing but respect for the Yorks!

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another decision that John made which is overlooked is the decision to turn over command & control of the team to Jed. It took the young Squire just two short years (technically one) to bring us from obscurity to being one of the best teams in the NFL where we should remain for years to come. I have nothing but respect for the Yorks!

Best move they he ever made. Jed has been nothing short of amazing with the things he has done including the stadium deal.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best move he ever made. Jed has been nothing short of amazing with the things he has done including the stadium deal.

Could not agree more Coffee!