• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gents - I'm not exactly sure how we got off on videos and it really doesn't matter. We need to focus. The format of the main page with links to the 'core group article pages' & rankings should be the first order of business. The format of the rankings really needs to be agreed upon. Once we get those items established then we can discuss enhancements. Time grows short to pull this together by the target date. ....
Also, I have yet to be able to determine who is actually in. Seems, thus far, Foot, Sam, Joe, myself and Barilko are in. What is status of Wil, Scape, Monkey, etc ???

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Dont want to be rude here guys the website is a great idea but every time i see Foot's rankings i immediately exit the website with a laugh...

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if that is rude or not Ram but I don't feel offended by it. I am not going to get into another heated rivalry with someone over my rankings. I am going to tell you what I keep saying. Sometimes my picks don't make sense to most others but I am always going to make my rankings how I truly feel at the time I'm doing them. Now I agree maybe a lot of times if I like a player it causes me to catapult him to the top of my lists like in Tavon Austin's case. I do see the guy being a miss match night mare and I do see him getting a ton of oppurtunities to hadle the ball. However, as far as my rankings go have no fear because the guys and I have agreed that I will put a disclaimer on my rankings that states "play at your own risk" or that "the foot is bonkers when it comes to his rankings" or "Hey kid don't listen to these rankings if you are a beginner" something of this sort. I'm not going rank players based on weather or not it makes someone laugh because then they wouldn't be my rankings anymore. Every year there are players who jump into the top 5 or 10 who at the beginning of the season if they were ranked there would have made people laugh. I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind if you were a part of this too if you wanted to I know I wouldn't mind. But if you would rather not I's still appreciate you check out our site even of it is only to get a good laugh at my experience. No hard feelings.

As for the video upload idea looks like no one wants it so lioke Lefty said we will focis on who is in and what the rankings will look like. We need to have a full tally of who is in and which how many rankings we are going to do.

I'll be lkaying out the new format with the football field for a tool bar and I will be setting up our indiviual pages so we have a few days to figure out who is in and what format we want. I can add them in on the fly.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In so far:

Foot
Sam
Joe
Lefty
Barilko

Waiting Wil, Scape, Monkey, etc.

FORMATS: If you have suggestions just add them:

QBS: 45/32/24/12

RBS: 90/80/60/32

WRS: 90/80/60/32

TES: 45/32/24/12

K: 45/32/24/12

DEF: 32/24

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my vote but whatever everyone agrees on is fine.

QBS: 32 - I really wanted to do 45 so we could list some good back ups too, but it might be too time consuming for everyone.

RBS: 80

WRS: 80

TES: 32

K: 32

DEF: 32

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if that is rude or not Ram but I don't feel offended by it. I am not going to get into another heated rivalry with someone over my rankings. I am going to tell you what I keep saying. Sometimes my picks don't make sense to most others but I am always going to make my rankings how I truly feel at the time I'm doing them. Now I agree maybe a lot of times if I like a player it causes me to catapult him to the top of my lists like in Tavon Austin's case. I do see the guy being a miss match night mare and I do see him getting a ton of oppurtunities to hadle the ball. However, as far as my rankings go have no fear because the guys and I have agreed that I will put a disclaimer on my rankings that states "play at your own risk" or that "the foot is bonkers when it comes to his rankings" or "Hey kid don't listen to these rankings if you are a beginner" something of this sort. I'm not going rank players based on weather or not it makes someone laugh because then they wouldn't be my rankings anymore. Every year there are players who jump into the top 5 or 10 who at the beginning of the season if they were ranked there would have made people laugh. I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind if you were a part of this too if you wanted to I know I wouldn't mind. But if you would rather not I's still appreciate you check out our site even of it is only to get a good laugh at my experience. No hard feelings.

As for the video upload idea looks like no one wants it so lioke Lefty said we will focis on who is in and what the rankings will look like. We need to have a full tally of who is in and which how many rankings we are going to do.

I'll be lkaying out the new format with the football field for a tool bar and I will be setting up our indiviual pages so we have a few days to figure out who is in and what format we want. I can add them in on the fly.
ill also use the don't be rude for lack of a better term
but i strongly feel that Foots rankings are Foots rankings
even if they appear to be off the wall(if we want to call them that) who would i be to say.
Foot may yet feel my rankings are also out there..

If i was stumble on the MWHS website as someone from the general public(which is what we want no??)
i think i would enjoy some rankings which maybe considered out there.It would be a refreshing change and actually may attract..just my thoughts..

now as for how many we rank per category i would lean to the smaller end of the scales..However i will go where ever we deem is best...

Last edited by a moderator:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for saying that Barilko that means a lot.

I just put in about an hour and I have a sample of what the top bar could look like. I couldn't past it in here so I put it in a post on our site. Go to mywifehatessundays to view it and let me know what you think. I made it like a stadium and our columns are in the seats. when it's done you'll be able to click on a guy and his page will open up with all his stories, ranking and whatever. Also there is room on the sides for more topics and such. I think you'll find it interesting. I'm also go to make a more linear one like Joe spoke of so we can compare and choose the best on. Let me know what you guys think of this one in the mean time and give me some direction if you have input on it.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my vote but whatever everyone agrees on is fine.

QBS: 32 - I really wanted to do 45 so we could list some good back ups too, but it might be too time consuming for everyone.

RBS: 80

WRS: 80

TES: 32

K: 32

DEF: 32

Time out. I thought we were going with a top 200 for the consensus rankings. Am I wrong on that? As such, how many at each position is not relevant.
Either way, I'm not agreeing to rank anything close to the numbers you have listed. There are 168 draft slots in a standard 12-team league. 32 DST's, QB's and Kickers is overboard. If you or anyone else wants to do that level then do it on your post as your individual position rankings. Me, I'd look at doing no more than 20 DST's, 20 K, 20 TE's, 20 QB's, 60 RB's, 80 WR's.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sorry lefty you are probably right. I'm the one who is confused here. I wasn't sure what we are doing so if we agree on a top 200 then that's fine. Or how bout we do the top 200 and we do the following below.

200 top all around

Then
20 DST
20 K
20 TEs
20 QBs
60 RBs
80 WRs.

This way i can line them up like you did in that excel document you sent everyone.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sending a sample of the latest excel (just a portion for review). As for your last post Foot, I'm not sure what you have in mind - I'm confused). I thought the consensus rank would be a standalone and individual ranks (by position) would be done in out own section. IF along with the top 200 skill position players (excludes DST's & kickers), you want to do a separate rank for DST's and one for kickers - I'm on board with that. However, do another by skill position seems redundant.

Anyway, I'll email the sample. Once all are 'happy' I can email the entire spreadsheet for input.

Ps- Sam I went to the pro's link but you cannot download a list or alter it without paying for a membership.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MWHS.jpg

Lefty, I think and of course I am totally flexible and just spit balling here but when I am out trying to get others opinions I seem to really like the one like espn where the players are ranked by position and according to there average computed by all the experts ranking. Very much like the excel spread sheet you sent us that I spoke of before. Where the players are aligned on the left and then we are aligned across the top and it shows were we picked each player. I also think it would be good to do both the top 200 and then keep a uniform position rankings too so there is more consensus rankings to give people. then if some of us want to go more in depth on our individual ranking we can certainly do that as well.

So I suggest we do a top 200 overall and then
a 20 QBs - 60 RBs - 80 WRs -20 TEs -20 Ks

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woops sorry guys that came in really big.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woops sorry guys that came in really big.
I went to MWHS it the field is on top i do think it will look great(Great job)

figure ill call my column Barilko,s Frozen Files or Barilko's Frosty Folder

help me out foot what do you think

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried of back and forth on this. I'm game for whatever....... so we'll just send it all to you - you'll get mine in excel. The sheet looks good (I think) but a tab bit smaller may be advised.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sending a sample of the latest excel (just a portion for review). As for your last post Foot, I'm not sure what you have in mind - I'm confused). I thought the consensus rank would be a standalone and individual ranks (by position) would be done in out own section. IF along with the top 200 skill position players (excludes DST's & kickers), you want to do a separate rank for DST's and one for kickers - I'm on board with that. However, do another by skill position seems redundant.

Anyway, I'll email the sample. Once all are 'happy' I can email the entire spreadsheet for input.

Ps- Sam I went to the pro's link but you cannot download a list or alter it without paying for a membership.
Thanks Lefty...for the excel work

i've been buried in excel all day so i can relate however you guys can kick my butt its for music not football

i'm long overdue to catalog my music collection... my eyes are about to burn up and fall out

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
figure ill call my column Barilko,s Frozen Files or Barilko's Frosty Folder

Like the Frozen Files. No Barilko's French Connection? (I'm assuming you speak French.) Younger fantasy players won't get it I suppose. That movie's like 40 years old.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the stadium idea for the web site. Maybe put "MWHS" in the endzones?

I've been working on ranking the top 200. I'll just send the spreadsheet to Foot. Is this acceptable?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes send me your guys stuff and I will sort it out. Here is another version of the top. Which do you guys like better so far
both-samples.jpg

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes sir I love the red 'x' in the box ............