• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My wayyyyyyyyyy to offseason mock including 4 round mock

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL Im leaving Free alone at tackle till after camp and the preseason he is the leader on the OL from what I have read if Green is good enough Free goes I don't move Collins either way Leary is trade bait or solid backup.

1 Carson Wentz QB
2 Jarren Reed DT
3 Noah Spence DE/OLB
4 Tyler Matakevich LB
6 Braxton Miller WR

I would be plenty happy with that draft That's assuming that the Boys find short term help at RB in FA and CB and of course all that could change as FA and the draft unfolds.

Spence is a gamble with his drug history but the talent at that round makes it worth a shot.

Right now its all speculation and things will change of course

Hey brother. Hope all is well. I'll cry if my boy Matakevich from Temple goes to Dallas. I've I've been seeing him mocked in the early 3rd in most drafts. Dude is a play maker. Not at all physically gifted but is always right in the middle of EVERY play. He almost beat Notre Dame by himself. Absolutely love him. College D player of the year too!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure we do but you aren't bringing in 3 starting FA DL in one offseason

well then we are going to suck even worse this coming season than we did last year on putting pressure on opposing QB's

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-12 = 31 sacks
12-4 = 27 sacks

Dallas remains inadequate in coverage. I don't know about 3 but 2 additions in the D-backfield would be nice.
Three at D-tackle....not so much

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well then we are going to suck even worse this coming season than we did last year on putting pressure on opposing QB's
Sorry, but that is just way off base IMO. This year we brought in a guy with a reputation for being one of the best pass rushers in the league and didn't see any great improvement. Plus DTs are not generally where your pressure even comes from and if you think signing and playing Mebane will HELP our ability to pressure the QB you need to read up on him.

We have two youngs guys that should get better. You can't just bring in new starters everywhere you want improvement in the NFL. That's just not how it works. You build through the draft and pick and choose your spots in FA.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when was the last time the cowboys got a coverage sack? the secondary has stunk for years. even when the cowboys get pressure the DB are getting smoked. Carr makes no plays on the ball. I told everyone before the 2012 draft that jenkins was the best of a weak class. clayburn rarely makes a play. Scandrick real decent in coverage but rarely gets a pick. then we have Wilcox whom is simply not an nfl safety. church also sucks. Ramsey needs to be the pick at 4 if he is on the board.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only argument I have against big spending on the DL is Suh last year forMiami . Great player, not the results in the win column you'd hope for

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only argument I have against big spending on the DL is Suh last year forMiami . Great player, not the results in the win column you'd hope for

not talking about a Suh but we need a good pass-rush and we aren't going get one from what we have. outside of Lawrence and Gregory we have a virtual non-existent D-Line. rush is what forces QB mistakes that result in turnovers

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when was the last time the cowboys got a coverage sack? the secondary has stunk for years. even when the cowboys get pressure the DB are getting smoked. Carr makes no plays on the ball. I told everyone before the 2012 draft that jenkins was the best of a weak class. clayburn rarely makes a play. Scandrick real decent in coverage but rarely gets a pick. then we have Wilcox whom is simply not an nfl safety. church also sucks. Ramsey needs to be the pick at 4 if he is on the board.

without a pressure defense that starts with a good pass-rush interceptions are not going to be there and that shows with us being tied for second worst in the league with 8 interceptions

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without a pressure defense that starts with a good pass-rush interceptions are not going to be there and that shows with us being tied for second worst in the league with 8 interceptions
Players make plays. Good corner backs get int's regardless of pressure on QB.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players make plays. Good corner backs get int's regardless of pressure on QB.

ask any of the CB's what gets them in the position to make interceptions and they will tell you a good pass-rush. when a QB is more concerned about the rush coming after him he rushes his throw and leaves him more susceptible to the interception. without a pass-rush the QB and receiver will win the battle 85% of the time

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does this DL give you reason to have faith in the defense?

LDE DeMarcus Lawrence Ryan Russell
LDT Jack Crawford
RDT David Irving
RDE Randy Gregory

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does this DL give you reason to have faith in the defense?

LDE DeMarcus Lawrence Ryan Russell
LDT Jack Crawford
RDT David Irving
RDE Randy Gregory

First off, no one said we won't add anyone. You are just twisting things around to try to make a faulty argument. EVERYONE said we won't spent big dollars on 3 separate FAs on the DL which is pretty much common sense. i think we all want to add a player or two (or even 3) via FA and/or the draft. It just won't be 3 pricey FAs. You need to be able to decipher the difference if you are going to pretend we are saying something we aren't.

Anyway, even if we add no one we will be rotating a lot so there is no set line up, but it isn't as bad as you posted:
Run downs:
Mincey, ? (total competition for this spot), Tyrone Crawford, Lawrence
Passing:
Lawrence, Mincey, Tyrone Crawford, Gregory

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, no one said we won't add anyone. You are just twisting things around to try to make a faulty argument. EVERYONE said we won't spent big dollars on 3 separate FAs on the DL which is pretty much common sense. i think we all want to add a player or two (or even 3) via FA and/or the draft. It just won't be 3 pricey FAs. You need to be able to decipher the difference if you are going to pretend we are saying something we aren't.

Anyway, even if we add no one we will be rotating a lot so there is no set line up, but it isn't as bad as you posted:
Run downs:
Passing:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Run downs:
Passing:

Mincey is a free agent

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point is that if i'm going to spend money on a FA DE there are better options than Mincey
Of course. Are we talking player? Or are we talking $'s? Can't do one without the other. Mincey plays a role and is the Ying to Gregory's Yang. And Cap rules all in FA...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ask any of the CB's what gets them in the position to make interceptions and they will tell you a good pass-rush. when a QB is more concerned about the rush coming after him he rushes his throw and leaves him more susceptible to the interception. without a pass-rush the QB and receiver will win the battle 85% of the time
Dont need to talk to any CB. I understand football.
In your world, no corner is elite. It is just due to pass rush. That is rediculous. Does a pass rush help, of course it does, but it does not get an elite corner in a position to make a play. His talent does even with no pass rush.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont need to talk to any CB. I understand football.
In your world, no corner is elite. It is just due to pass rush. That is rediculous. Does a pass rush help, of course it does, but it does not get an elite corner in a position to make a play. His talent does even with no pass rush.
I agree with this. There certainly are pass plays down the field designed to get the ball out fast and an elite corner with feel for the position, and a great break on the ball is a huge difference maker. IMO, Dallas has had two maybe three in Renfro, Sanders and perhaps Walls. Walls had the feel for the game like no other.