• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Top 30 Current NBA Players

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Klay's role changes the least out of any of the Big 4 of the Warriors. Klay's game is to be a spot up shooter who has become more adept at going to the rim and creating off the dribble. With as much attention that is going to be paid to Durant and Curry, he's going to be relied upon a bit more for just catch and shoot than he was previously. Klay's game has always been off-ball and he'll be doing very much the same thing this season, IMO.
Although he's made leaps & bounds in terms of improving his game over the past couple of seasons- I still tend to think he's at his best when he's used as a spot up shooter. There is less to think about for him & IMO his jump shot is more accurate.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although he's made leaps & bounds in terms of improving his game over the past couple of seasons- I still tend to think he's at his best when he's used as a spot up shooter. There is less to think about for him & IMO his jump shot is more accurate.

I agree too. But he does need to put it on the floor every once in a while to at least create the threat of driving to the hoop. I will say though he's become a really good finisher at the hoop after his whole "Klay-up" era.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Conley is a winner. He plays the game the right way and is an amazing teammate. He has few weaknesses and is one of a very few true PGs in the league today.

He may not be elite, but he is a rare player who could fit any system. Place him on any team in the NBA and he makes them better. I can't say that about every player in the list.

Gasol over Aldridge is no joke either. He is an annual DPOY candidate and the clear leader of a very good Grizzly team. Aldridge, while a terrific player, does not have the impact on defense.
I have to agree with the Gasol/Aldridge comparison.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 24 non-injured players make the All-Star game. Got Klay at #22 this year. In otherwords, I have him borderline in a conference loaded with talent.
Which I think is backwards thinking. If he's on par with the injured All-Star players then how do you rank him so low based on those same injured players? If the guys he's ranked similarly to aren't in the rankings because of injuries then by default shouldn't that move Klay up on the list when he's now left to be compared to 2nd tier guys?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree too. But he does need to put it on the floor every once in a while to at least create the threat of driving to the hoop. I will say though he's become a really good finisher at the hoop after his whole "Klay-up" era.
Yes, I agree with you when you say they will end up depending on Klay a little more than before.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I think is backwards thinking. If he's on par with the injured All-Star players then how do you rank him so low based on those same injured players? If the guys he's ranked similarly to aren't in the rankings because of injuries then by default shouldn't that move Klay up on the list when he's now left to be compared to 2nd tier guys?

Injuries was beside the point here. Point being there's 24 players selected for the All-Star game and Klay is ranked at #22...If the event an injury occurs, more than the selected 24 players are All-Stars.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol was DPOY what, three years ago? These rankings are based on 2016, not 2013.
Well I don't know of any player that wins EVERY season. The point-which I think you're missing here- is that he's been right up there in the voting for DPOY pretty consistently. Aldridge while a good player doesn't compare on that level- and most certainly not last year with the Spurs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's just take a second to appreciate how truly f#cked up this will be for the rest of the League.....

Klay or Draymond will be the 4th option...

* stares in stunned silence*

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just take a second to appreciate how truly f#cked up this will be for the rest of the League.....

:rofl::rofl:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't know of any player that wins EVERY season. The point-which I think you're missing here- is that he's been right up there in the voting for DPOY pretty consistently. Aldridge while a good player doesn't compare on that level- and most certainly not last year with the Spurs.

You know I love me some Lamarcus.

But, healthy Gasol > LA.

Marc has to stay healthy though.

If he doesn't play 60 games this year, I'm off the wagon.

Reactions: LAD

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure 67-15 makes up for that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't believe I'm going to say this- but if this GS team is able to win multiple titles it will be more fun to watch than when Shaq/Kobe did it for a couple of different reasons.

A. They all play the right way
B. None of their egos are greater than their game

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Kawahi Leonard makes up for that.
:fify:

I'm willing to guess players having to go through Leonard as the first line of defense helped Aldridge tremendously since most didn't make it past Leonard with the ball.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I'm going to say this- but if this GS team is able to win multiple titles it will be more fun to watch than when Shaq/Kobe did it for a couple of different reasons.

A. They all play the right way
B. None of their egos are greater than their game

I can't believe I'm saying this....

I dislike Draymond MORE than I ever disliked Kobe.

But, I'm such a hge Curry and Klay fan that it doesn't stop me from wanting them to win.

I have always liked Livingston and love me some Looney and Mccaw.

Plus, they are super fun to watch.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm pretty sure Aldridge didn't get them to 67-15 all by himself- so the TEAM record is irrelevant in a discussion about individual talent rankings.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fify:

I'm willing to guess players having to go through Leonard as the first line of defense helped Aldridge tremendously since most didn't make it past Leonard with the ball.

:lol:Even though I disagree, I love the effort with this post....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right. Because that was 100% Aldridge.

Kawhi, Pop, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Green and tremendous depth have a lot to do with that record. I realize the Warrior synergy may have me overrating Green and Klay, but I view the Spurs as a great system, while I see the Warriors as a collection of great players within a very good system.

Also, as I said at the top, I am accounting for total contribution to a team in my ranks. Gasol and Aldridge are very close, but I think Gasol does a tiny bit more.

By the way, not sure why you are so hung up on 2 players I have ranked in adjacent spots. You left Gasol off your list entirely, which is much harder to justify.

Lastly, you keep talking about who is likely to make the allstar team as if that justifies their ranking. I got news for you. The best 24 players in the league are never all on the allstar team. If that is your main criteria, you really should reconsider. I doubt Klay and Dray both make the allstar team this year, but that does not mean they aren't top 25 players.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:Even though I disagree, I love the effort with this post....
Well you're free to disagree- however, awards are usually given to the best & NOT the runner ups. :nod: