• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Top 30 Current NBA Players

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i think thats what my over all point is. I know Klay is a great player, and destined to be a multi time all star and likely multi team all nba player playing in GSW---- but certain guys in the league can beat you a multitude of ways.

like Kyrie- I watched Kawhi Leonard and Nik Batum give him a step in game winning/tying situations- because KI can get to the basket or bomb a 3 with the very best of them. If you can run Klay off the 3 pt line he just isnt that scary. Like a Harden can beat you outside, passing, at the rim, etc....Durant too---- which i think is bY FAR THE MOST IMPORTANT thing Durant is bringing tothe Warriors- ability to score inside the arc.

Definitely agree with Durant. The Warriors have always lacked a guy who could get to the basket and be a threat to get to the freethrow line. Durant is going to help with this immensely. It'll really open up the entire court if he drive effectively with three guys (Curry, Klay and Green) who can all knock down a 3.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, if I am going to criticize somebody else's work, I need to be willing to post my own. My list strongly favors players who I believe to be easy for others to work alongside. I highly value 2 way players and guys who move the basketball. These ranks go beyond simply who will produce the best numbers.

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Curry
4. Leonard
5. Westbrook
6. A. Davis
7. George
8. Paul
9. Klay Thompson
10. Butler
11. Lillard
12. Harden
13. Cousins
14. Draymond Green
15. Blake Griffin
16. KAT
17. Wall
18. Irving
19. Drummond
20. Melo
21. M. Gasol
22. Aldridge
23. Lowry
24. Antekoumpo
25. Millsap
26. D. Jordan
27. Conley
28. Favors
29. Isaiah Thomas
30. Kemba Walker

You can't really go wrong with this list. KD is an all-around better player than Curry IMO. I like Leonard over Westbrook even though RW should have a huge year. Klay in the top 10 makes sense but I would put a couple guys ahead of him that you have behind him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree with Durant. The Warriors have always lacked a guy who could get to the basket and be a threat to get to the freethrow line. Durant is going to help with this immensely. It'll really open up the entire court if he drive effectively with three guys (Curry, Klay and Green) who can all knock down a 3.
def. agree....even with Curry- its not like you would even want Curry getting to the rim and taking hits and taking a ton of free throws. Durant will help them control the tempo of the game, get to the line, and get to the rim which is an aspect that was lacking at times- ESPECIALLY if Barnes wasnt playing well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Allen and Reggie Miller were the best guys on their teams. at least n their primes.

Klay? obviously hugely benefits from BOTH the system- AND having the greatest 3 point shooter of all time spacing for him.

I definitely do not think Klay is anywhere near the player Ray Allen or Miller were and I think if Klay was the #1 guy and garnered the attention that other #1 guys do like a Harden or a Melo his efficiency would plummet.

He is the top of the food chain 3 and D guy. Still- I believe he would be an all star and one of the top 25 or so guys out there right now.

Klay has no where near the mid range game that Reggie had either- and Reggie could run around picks all day--- Richard Hamilton to me is the best poor man reggie comp.

So badly flawed.

Klay will never be the best player on his team, but he is a better defender than Reggie or Ray ever were. If he continues to perform on both ends as well as he has the last two years (talking about efficiency, not raw stats), he will go down in history as being as good or better than both.

I don't care about Love's stats on a bad team. They are completely hollow. Put Klay on the 6ers and he won't post a double double, but I bet he scores close to 30 and still plays great D. I will take an elite 3 and D guy any day over a player who sacrifices defense to gain rebounding position and further pad his numbers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i think thats what my over all point is. I know Klay is a great player, and destined to be a multi time all star and likely multi team all nba player playing in GSW---- but certain guys in the league can beat you a multitude of ways.

like Kyrie- I watched Kawhi Leonard and Nik Batum give him a step in game winning/tying situations- because KI can get to the basket or bomb a 3 with the very best of them. If you can run Klay off the 3 pt line he just isnt that scary. Like a Harden can beat you outside, passing, at the rim, etc....Durant too---- which i think is bY FAR THE MOST IMPORTANT thing Durant is bringing tothe Warriors- ability to score inside the arc.

I agree with most of this, but what you are undervaluing is Klay's impact on opposing defenses when he plays off the ball. Kyrie is better hands down with the ball, but guys like Klay who are elite off the ball are ridiculously valuable. Simply comparing the skill sets between those two players is not really fair. Kyrie would probably win a 1 on 1 game, but I take Klay in 5 on 5 100% of The time because of his impact on both ends, with and without the ball.