• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Top 25 Current NBA Players

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: My annual top 50 list will likely be out in early September.

And yes, my placing of Russell Westbrook is bound to stir up some controversy on this board, but I'm a Jerry Stackhouse fan, so that should say enough in itself.:dhd:
  1. LeBron James
  2. Russell Westbrook
  3. Kevin Durant
  4. Kawhi Leonard
  5. Stephen Curry
  6. James Harden
  7. Giannis Antetokounmpo
  8. John Wall
  9. Isaiah Thomas
  10. Chris Paul
  11. Damian Lillard
  12. Klay Thompson
  13. Jimmy Butler
  14. Paul George
  15. Kyrie Irving
  16. Anthony Davis
  17. Karl-Anthony Towns
  18. Draymond Green
  19. Rudy Gobert
  20. DeMar DeRozan
  21. DeMarcus Cousins
  22. Gordon Hayward
  23. Nikola Jokic
  24. Blake Griffin
  25. Kemba Walker

Not a bad list. Just a few things.

1) don't agree on russ being 2nd.

2) IT is way too high

3) AD is too low

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so how do you say if Durant is "better" than Kawhi? Point being at that level you can make an argument for a lot of guys. You've made yours and you're in the majority, but it's not wrong to say RW is "better" than KD or Kawhi on some metrics.

I don't think that was the point he was trying to make. I think that you could clearly say that Lebron, Durant and Kawhi are the 3 best players in the league. Lebron being number 1, then after that, you could debate about Leonard and KD as who should be number 2. Personally, after last season, I give the edge to KD as he improved defensively to close that gap that previously existed with the 2. KD's also more well rounded offensively and his length and athleticism makes him a match up nightmare. That's not to say that Kawhi's offensively challenged; but to compare the two, KD is more dynamic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yours is also a great list. Remember these are "unprovable" opinions, and part of the fun of sports is arguing this stuff. It's exactly the same as the GOAT arguments. There's no way to PROVE that LeBron had a better career than Magic, or Magic than LeBron. You make your case and argue it, and with many comparisons there's no way to be mathematically sure one is right (or wrong).

I agree about the top 3 of LeBron, KD, and Kawhi. But another fan might have a different opinion of what "better" means, maybe they are more inclined to use stats to determine it. That fan might put RW higher. And that's fine, that's sports.

That is just it though.

I have not seen one single person with an opinion I respect say that Russ is better than either KD or Kawhi. Not 1.

In fact, most basketball people rate Curry higher than Russ because of his ability to play with others. That one is more debatable though.

I actually think that asking someone to list the best 3 players in the league today is a pretty good way to assess their knowledge. It is more clear today than ever before because there is a wide gap between those top 3 and the next best, but there are also players like Russ who post gaudy stats on the outside looking in.

It is so close to unanimous in the basketball world that it really is that proof you say doesn't exist.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon as I got to #2, I knew not to take this list seriously.

Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, in any order , should be top 3.

This reads more like " what players I like best " as opposed to who is actually BETTER.

Reactions: GNG

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I think Lebron, Durant, and Kawhi are clear top 3. They're the best all around players in the game. Westbrook, Harden, and Curry can be argued for those last two top 5 spots but those first three stand out pretty clearly to me
Agree completely.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. LeBron
2. Kawhi
3. KD
4. Steph
5. Westbrook
6. Harden
7. Giannis
8. AD
9. CP3
10. KAT
11. Butler
12. Klay
13. Butler
14. PG13
15. Dame
16. DeMarcus Cousins
17. Draymond Green
18. Nikola Jokic
19. Kyrie
20. Blake Griffin
21. Embiid
22. IT
23. Demar DeRozan
24. Gordon Hawyard
25. Rudy Gobert
#11 and #13?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it though.

I have not seen one single person with an opinion I respect say that Russ is better than either KD or Kawhi. Not 1.

In fact, most basketball people rate Curry higher than Russ because of his ability to play with others. That one is more debatable though.

I actually think that asking someone to list the best 3 players in the league today is a pretty good way to assess their knowledge. It is more clear today than ever before because there is a wide gap between those top 3 and the next best, but there are also players like Russ who post gaudy stats on the outside looking in.

It is so close to unanimous in the basketball world that it really is that proof you say doesn't exist.

This is in the end just more opinions, based on who you 'respect'. I agree with that top 3, but that's still based on opinion not 'proof'

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is in the end just more opinions, based on who you 'respect'. I agree with that top 3, but that's still based on opinion not 'proof'

But,

It is an almost indefensible position it is that clear cut. Especially when you look at the names lining up on the other side.

I could say that in my opinion Bill Russell is better than MJ. I could have that opinion. I would be wrong, but I could think that.

Putting Russ in the top 3 this year is the same. People who have that opinion are wrong.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are here debating the top players I will never ever ever understand how Steve Nash won back to back MVPs.

He's the only multiple MVP winner who doesnt have multiple rings. He never even played in a finals.
How can you win MVP when you're literally rhe worst defensive player in the league
He averaged 17 and 12 in a fast break system. Thats an MVP?
Shaq, Kobe, Garnett etc roaming the courts and people voted Nash. Stupid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are here debating the top players I will never ever ever understand how Steve Nash won back to back MVPs.

He's the only multiple MVP winner who doesnt have multiple rings. He never even played in a finals.
How can you win MVP when you're literally rhe worst defensive player in the league
He averaged 17 and 12 in a fast break system. Thats an MVP?
Shaq, Kobe, Garnett etc roaming the courts and people voted Nash. Stupid.

I agree.

But, the MVP award doesn't go to the best player. It goes to the guy who had the most outstanding season. That is why Russ won this year. I don't necessarily agree with how the award is given, but it has been pretty consistent over the last 20 years or so.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good lists by several people.

I would argue that Draymon is a little too low. And Lowry should be in the conversation.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good lists by several people.

I would argue that Draymon is a little too low. And Lowry should be in the conversation.

Draymond is so hard to rank. His value is astronomical, but he needs to play alongside at least 1 dynamic scorer.

Hard to know what to do with Lowry also. I think he is better than DeRozan, but man does he disappear in the playoffs.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell is Lonzo Ball?

:behindsofa::bolt:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't dare say anything good about Russell Westbrook around here, opinions don't matter.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

But, the MVP award doesn't go to the best player. It goes to the guy who had the most outstanding season. That is why Russ won this year. I don't necessarily agree with how the award is given, but it has been pretty consistent over the last 20 years or so.

True... but I don't see how 17-11 gets you MVP. NASH was very good but literally was the reason they lost in the playoffs. He couldn't defend. Also... when I think MVP I think of someone who can take over in crunch time and carry a team. He didn't have that ability.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is so hard to rank. His value is astronomical, but he needs to play alongside at least 1 dynamic scorer.

Hard to know what to do with Lowry also. I think he is better than DeRozan, but man does he disappear in the playoffs.
\
i agree on Green. Not sure that Lowry has ever been in a great situation

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't dare say anything good about Russell Westbrook around here, opinions don't matter.

You can say good things about Westbrook. Just don't try to overhype him. He is a legit superstar. Still not a great team player and not as good as LeBron, KD or Kawhi.