• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review/thoughts on our playoff win

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good god, stressful!! Thankfully we pulled it off. It overall was a pretty frustrating game but we got the win and are moving on

-The defense started out unbelievable. We were getting pressure, stopping the run and had good coverage. We were really falling a part later on in the game but made a few plays here and there.

-Reid had a lot of good tackles. He saved us a lot of yards out there. Coverage seemed good other than one bad coverage on Cobb on the Cox blitz I believe. In Reid's defense though, its tough to cover someone that long, especially when blitzing.

-Crabtree is a monster. He came up time and time again. I dont see how we cant sign him to an extension. He is so huge for us. We DO NO win this game if we dont have Crabtree.

-Aldon played a good game too. He was getting held a shit load of times and still drew some pressure.

-The refs were pretty shitty. I like when refs let them play but this was waaaaay too much. So many holds. I lost count how many holds their were.

-Willis and Bowman really struggled. I'm not sure what the whole problem was but they were missing tackles, blowing coverages, getting juked, etc. Probably the worst game I have seen from both of them combined. Usually one or the other steps up.

-Boldin was disappoiting. Had a couple of good plays here and there but that was it. On Kaps INT, Boldin seemed to be joggging/giving up on the play. This allowed Tramon Williams to make a play.

-Kaepernick, at time, stared down his receivers and only went to his 1st read again. No surprises here. At times though he went through his progressions and did check down a few times. His scrambling ability was HUGE. He made some great decisions here. Overall, he threw the ball pretty good given the circumstances. The pass to Vernon Davis was pretty risky and a very good throw, I was holding my breath on that one.

-Our oline is just over rated. We really arent that great of run blocking line even though this is supposed to be their strength. They did have some good pass protection at the end. Iupati stood out on a few plays of playing poorly.

-We HAVE to fix this time management. This game was a disaster.

-Cox sucks. No surprises.

-Bring on the Panthers!!!!

25kuge9jpg.gif

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been waiting for this post for the past 40 minutes. You know I can't go to sleep without reading RiceYoung's analysis of the game.

RV and I almost had a heart attack!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the domination on both sides early in the game... however, we cant rely on FGs to open our first two drives... didn't work vs Carolina, almost stabbed us in the ass vs GB.....

Good play from Kap, hope he pulls it down and runs for it quicker vs the carolina defense...

the 7-15 flight is back!

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Love the domination on both sides early in the game... however, we cant rely on FGs to open our first two drives... didn't work vs Carolina, almost stabbed us in the ass vs GB.....

Yeah this is probably our biggest issue going forward. Wins and losses can be decided by this. We need to be more efficient in the red zone and improve our play calling. If we can fix this, we have a very good shot of getting our 6th superbowl ring.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Frustrating game on the whole, though the result was great, of course.

Execution on offense was poor at best. Kap was very shaky on a lot of his throws today. We can probably chalk much of that up to the weather, but man, he made some terrible decisions today. Not thrilled with the playcalling in general, particularly early on inside the 10. It's like we learned nothing from the super bowl.

On D, I thought the team generally played pretty well. I wanted to see more pressure, but our guys were getting held a lot. We got a little lucky with a few plays that could have been PI, but the officials clearly weren't calling anything today. Can't believe Rodgers slipped out when he did, though. With our next two (if we advance) opponents likely to be Cam and Russell, we'd better figure that out immediately.

Despite what some of the players say, the weather was clearly a factor here, and at the end of the day, we went into Lambeau and won the game. I just want to see this team fire on all cylinders at some point. How good could we be if we did that?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to run the ball in the redzone... especially if we're within 5 yards... if you want a PA or a pass, ok... once, if it didn't look good, drop it and run it....

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever is "approved" needs to start the Game Week Thread for Carolina. Lots of info will be flowing soon that needs to be collected and I don't want to catch grief this week about violating someone's superstitions.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by Kap. Very upset with the D. I never saw so many miss tackles by this D. I expect them to play better next week in better conditions.

Kap is the man. Love all these Kap haters. The guy just wins and make big plays in big moments.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Shaky as the game was, I could watch that block by Frank on Kap's long run all night. A thing of beauty. Love that guy.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hearing lots of praise of Kap. I don't know.... He came through when we needed him, but we should have won this one comfortably. I'm sure the weather played a part - even Rodgers wasn't throwing with accuracy down the field - but he made several awful, awful decisions. He's incredibly lucky he didn't throw an INT in the endzone in the first quarter, and a pick-six in the fourth. Not to mention the INT he did throw. I couldn't give him the game ball on this one, despite the plays he did make.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Having said all of that, the Niners are winning games. Ugly as they may be, they are finding a way to win. And in the playoffs, that's enough sometimes. So let's go get some revenge next week.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to the under the radar type guys:

LMJ - made some good returns as well as protected that ball perfectly.

Tukaufu - he's been a good run blocker from what I've seen, very productive in replacing Miller IMO

Secondary - for the most part of the game, especially early, thought they must've played tight
coverage allowing the sacks to happen.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hearing lots of praise of Kap. I don't know.... He came through when we needed him, but we should have won this one comfortably. I'm sure the weather played a part - even Rodgers wasn't throwing with accuracy down the field - but he made several awful, awful decisions. He's incredibly lucky he didn't throw an INT in the endzone in the first quarter, and a pick-six in the fourth. Not to mention the INT he did throw. I couldn't give him the game ball on this one, despite the plays he did make.

Yeah, I'd almost have to rewatch the game to evaluate Kaepernick properly. So much emotion in the game its tough to at the time. I thought he made some good plays under pressure when the line wasn't holding up though.

LIke you said, this one definitely shouldnt have been close. We just never really could take advantage of the situations we were put in.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever is "approved" needs to start the Game Week Thread for Carolina. Lots of info will be flowing soon that needs to be collected and I don't want to catch grief this week about violating someone's superstitions.

That would be Bingo. But I would be fine with either of you doing it since we won this week. :suds:

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kap did make two bad decisions on those near INT's, but you keep blaming him for that Tramon Williams INT when Boldin was the one at fault. If Boldin runs his route to completion, William's would've never broken off of him and jumped VD's route; Davis should've been wide open on that throw.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK, as many know, I've been very critical of Kap when I felt his play was poor. Today, I thought his performance was winning football. That INT was ironic IMO in that he rarely uses touch but Tramon made a play for it, it happens. He DID have lady luck on the last potential INT though.

BUT... he did move the chains with both arms n legs, found the open guy and hit him. I've slammed him for not making the checkdowns and he made two, that I can count, that resulted in first downs with the last being to gore on that last drive.

He didn't look lost in the pocket and importantly, made the decision to run it quicker than usual.

He never lost focus nor control, some luck here n there but nothing like Rodgers being bailed out with all the holds by his OL.