• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review/thoughts on our playoff win

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that play, Smith was more taunting/celebrating and wasn't paying attention to the play.

And also just to comment on Aldon Smith, he never has seemed to me to be a high motor guy. There are plays where he either appears to be lazy or giving half effort. I dont know if this is because he is tired or just flat out isn't a give all - every play, type of player.

That's even worse. That is inexcusable.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kap's overall game wasn't great but he was great when he needed to be great and that's the "it" or "clutch" factor you need and want in the playoffs.

The rest of the issues to me are fixable with time, experience, and work but raising your game in critical moments is just something that you can't teach.

Everytime Green Bay grabbed momentum Kap would answer and swing it back into our favor. It reminded me of the New England game last season when New England tied it up and completely took control of all the momentum and Kap and the offense quickly scored a TD to take it all back.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about Kaepernick in the context of this upcoming game and the potential next game against Seattle. Kaepernick right now seems to me to be just as likely to make a boneheaded horrible throw like he did at the end of the game in Green Bay that could have been a pick six, as he is to make a great throw like he did to Vernon Davis for the TD. I think he is still learning the pro qb craft and decision making and my hope is that as he gets more experience the boneheaded plays recede and the awesome plays take over. In the GB game, yes he made a few boneheaded throws, but the Packers were not able to fully capitalize on them and he made some pretty awesome plays as well. When he faces a great defense like Carolina or Seattle -- they are more likely to capitalize on his mistakes, so he needs to make less mistakes. For some reason I think he's more capable of cutting down on his mistakes in Carolina than in Seattle, he seems to get buffaloed by the crowd in Seattle, but my hope is that with each game he learns more and gets better. So I think he'll be fine against Carolina with Crabtree back, but against Seattle in Seattle? That's the huge test for him --- and I think he's capable of having a fantastic game there, but he can't make those mistakes against Seattle.