• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review/thoughts on our playoff win

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Haha you serious? Kaep was scrambling and finding Crabtree, again he is 1/3 QB to throw for over 200 yards and rush for 90+ in a playoff game, if we had Alex smith we lose the game by at least a TD

He was 16 / 30 in the game. He threw a pick, and he threw a gift pick-6 late in the game from which he was saved only by luck. He had some great plays, but he also f'ed up a few times. He even forgot his friggn' arm band & wasted a time out.

That's not a great game. It's a good / a bit lucky game. Crabtree had a great game. So did Aldon (against both pass and the run).

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 16 / 30 in the game. He threw a pick, and he threw a gift pick-6 late in the game from which he was saved only by luck. He had some great plays, but he also f'ed up a few times. He even forgot his friggn' arm band & wasted a time out.

That's not a great game. It's a good / a bit lucky game. Crabtree had a great game. So did Aldon (against both pass and the run).

Again he threw for over 200 and almost ran for 100, if we had Alex smith we lose hands down. Are you forgetting the final drive where we put the ball in his hands and he beat them with his arm and legs so Dawson could kick the game wining FG.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Again he threw for over 200 and almost ran for 100, if we had Alex smith we lose hands down. Are you forgetting the final drive where we put the ball in his hands and he beat them with his arm and legs so Dawson could kick the game wining FG.

Total yardage thrown is the most-cited and single most overrated statistic in all of sports. I know he had over 300 yards of offense. He still didn't have a great game. He made enough great plays to make me forgive the few big screw ups (and the would-be pick 6 is still a screw up), but those screw ups still happened.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe you could make an argument for Crabtree but Aldon Smith? WTF? That guy is so out of shape its ridiculous. He took half the plays off. Kaepernick played very well considering the environment. He was clearly the most important guy out there for the 49ers.

You are such a knucklehead Toby. Aldon Smith didn't take plays off, that is ridiculous. lol I saw him get held at least ten times after he beat his man.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yeah same here for the most part. No shirt removal, taking team stuff down, or saying I'm done w/the 9ers or anything like that. I've had similar reactions though with more anger towards the NFL, refs, and bullshit calls.

I kind of identified with the browns fan rant "factory of sadness"..... because he goes off then kind of succumbs to his own team loyalty...

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total yardage thrown is the most-cited and single most overrated statistic in all of sports. I know he had over 300 yards of offense. He still didn't have a great game. He made enough great plays to make me forgive the few big screw ups (and the would-be pick 6 is still a screw up), but those screw ups still happened.

If not for Kaep and his legs we lose the game

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kap was by far the best player on that field last weekend. Its not even close.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost doesn't count. Kap had a great game.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
crazy state here:

East Bay Sports Guy ‏@EBSportsGuy
#49ers playoff road record by QB:
Joe Montana: 1-3
Steve Young: 0-3
Jeff Garcia: 0-2
Colin Kaepernick: 2-0

Never would have thought.

Looking at this another way... Through out Montana's career, he only played in 4 road playoff games... This means that the 49ers have been dominant to have those play off game at home

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
kap was by far the best player on that field last weekend. Its not even close.

Some of the guys here have gotten so sensitive to Kap's faults (reads, footwork), that they are failing to see his results. He was easily the MVP. We won a road PO game and he was the most valuable player out there.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the guys here have gotten so sensitive to Kap's faults (reads, footwork), that they are failing to see his results. He was easily the MVP. We won a road PO game and he was the most valuable player out there.

I agree. :suds:

Although Crabs has to share some of the MVP of the game talk.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha you serious? Kaep was scrambling and finding Crabtree, again he is 1/3 QB to throw for over 200 yards and rush for 90+ in a playoff game, if we had Alex smith we lose the game by at least a TD

Kaeprnick played very well, but the bolded above is simply absurd.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The almost pick aside, he was outstanding on that final drive.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What more can you ask for?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are such a knucklehead Toby. Aldon Smith didn't take plays off, that is ridiculous. lol I saw him get held at least ten times after he beat his man.

He seems out of shape and tires easily. You probably forgot about the sack and fumble Brooks caused and Smith just stood there with the ball at his feet while the GB O Lineman scrambled and got the fumble.

Last edited by a moderator:

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The almost pick aside, he was outstanding on that final drive.

Is there a stat for "almost picks"? How many does Brady have? Manning? Rogers? LOL. The point being that even the greats throws picks and even the greats throw almost picks.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a stat for "almost picks"? How many does Brady have? Manning? Rogers? LOL. The point being that even the greats throws picks and even the greats throw almost picks.

Exactly why he got the "outstanding" rating from me.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He seems out of shape and tires easily. You probably forgot about the sack and fumble Brooks caused and Smith just stood there with the ball at his feet while the GB O Lineman scrambled and got the fumble.

On that play, Smith was more taunting/celebrating and wasn't paying attention to the play.

And also just to comment on Aldon Smith, he never has seemed to me to be a high motor guy. There are plays where he either appears to be lazy or giving half effort. I dont know if this is because he is tired or just flat out isn't a give all - every play, type of player.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looking at this another way... Through out Montana's career, he only played in 4 road playoff games... This means that the 49ers have been dominant to have those play off game at home

When I first saw that stat, the wins obviously stick out but I thought it was just as crazy in how few of road games they have played in considering how many times they were in the playoffs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That's silly logic. First and foremost, that logic could be used to justify starting any guy at QB, because "even the greats throw picks." More to the point, is some context. Doesn't the frequency of doing so matter? Doesn't the game situation? Whether it was a bad decision, bad throw, or great defensive play? Whether or not the ball was intercepted, Kap's throw on that last drive was a terrible decision and should count as a negative play.