• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review/thoughts on our playoff win

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm glad we got through mostly unscathed. Dobbs might have been banged up a bit (?), but otherwise don't think anyone was hurt.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god, stressful!! Thankfully we pulled it off. It overall was a pretty frustrating game but we got the win and are moving on

-The defense started out unbelievable. We were getting pressure, stopping the run and had good coverage. We were really falling a part later on in the game but made a few plays here and there.

-Reid had a lot of good tackles. He saved us a lot of yards out there. Coverage seemed good other than one bad coverage on Cobb on the Cox blitz I believe. In Reid's defense though, its tough to cover someone that long, especially when blitzing.

-Crabtree is a monster. He came up time and time again. I dont see how we cant sign him to an extension. He is so huge for us. We DO NO win this game if we dont have Crabtree.

-Aldon played a good game too. He was getting held a shit load of times and still drew some pressure.

-The refs were pretty shitty. I like when refs let them play but this was waaaaay too much. So many holds. I lost count how many holds their were.

-Willis and Bowman really struggled. I'm not sure what the whole problem was but they were missing tackles, blowing coverages, getting juked, etc. Probably the worst game I have seen from both of them combined. Usually one or the other steps up.

-Boldin was disappoiting. Had a couple of good plays here and there but that was it. On Kaps INT, Boldin seemed to be joggging/giving up on the play. This allowed Tramon Williams to make a play.

-Kaepernick, at time, stared down his receivers and only went to his 1st read again. No surprises here. At times though he went through his progressions and did check down a few times. His scrambling ability was HUGE. He made some great decisions here. Overall, he threw the ball pretty good given the circumstances. The pass to Vernon Davis was pretty risky and a very good throw, I was holding my breath on that one.

-Our oline is just over rated. We really arent that great of run blocking line even though this is supposed to be their strength. They did have some good pass protection at the end. Iupati stood out on a few plays of playing poorly.

-We HAVE to fix this time management. This game was a disaster.

-Cox sucks. No surprises.

-Bring on the Panthers!!!!

25kuge9jpg.gif

I agree with most. But boldin was not disappointing just cuz he didn't show up and look good. It's pick your fucking poison for our offense now. Someone will be hot ala Crabtree and some won't Ala boldin. Boldin has been beasting.

Either way we needed to run more. Even with kap

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Kaep came through in the clutch but if he'd come through early the game wouldn't have been close late. Overall a good game by Kaep and he's still growing as a Qb. No need to act like people are wanting him gone just that he still has plenty of areas to improve. it is ok for fans to both like a player and offer criticism on his shortcomings.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incidentally, I would have liked to have run some read option late in the game. Especially after the injuries to LBs, I think we could have caught them off guard with that in the second half.

NO more read options! that flavor is out of style!

I rather Kap run out of a passing play or simply by design. The read option wore itself out...

and it cost the offense vs Carolina...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Kaep came through in the clutch but if he'd come through early the game wouldn't have been close late. Overall a good game by Kaep and he's still growing as a Qb. No need to act like people are wanting him gone just that he still has plenty of areas to improve. it is ok for fans to both like a player and offer criticism on his shortcomings.

Kap was very good IMO for the whole game... even with some luck.

however, what kept the game close, IMO was the B.S. playcalling in the redzone that robbed the team 8 pts... Will Roman ever get a fucking clue? or is it Kap changing the call?

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team deserves a lot of credit going into those conditions and pulling out the win. I saw Willis and Bowman's interviews after the game and they were shivering. We won dispite both of them having pretty bad games.

The refs were killing me and this team most of the game and was really pissing me off.

Also the play calling was terrible. We threw the ball way to much in this weather and kind of got away from Gore. Our first 2 drives inside the 10 were horrible. How you do give it to Gore is beyond me. Also getting the play call in has been a struggle in itself. I saw more than once when we break the huddle with under 10 seconds on the play clock, unacceptable.

Kap was huge in this game. Yes, he made some bad throws but the wind chill was -15!!!! I expected him to make some bad throws and throw a pick. But he throw for over 225 yards and almost 100 on the ground, that is outstanding given the circumstances!!

This team showed some balls but our coaches (Roman mainly) need to get their shit together if we want to win it all.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners won despite the two holding calls on the first two possessions and despite throwing two near interceptions, the Packers couldn't execute the picks. That win therefore seems to be more than a FG win. Niners also won despite Rodgers great plays (and offensive line holding). The score satisfied those not wanting a Niners blowout and satisfied Niners in the process. All the legitimate whatifs seem to be on SF's side and Niners won. That should shut trolls up (though I haven't had much time to check the board if there were any/a lot).

Niners won despite about fiteeen no calls on holding by green bays offensive line.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap was very good IMO for the whole game... even with some luck.

however, what kept the game close, IMO was the B.S. playcalling in the redzone that robbed the team 8 pts... Will Roman ever get a fucking clue? or is it Kap changing the call?

I hated the play calling in the red zone in their first two drives, I was pulling my hair out, how do you not run the ball when you are on the 3 yard line?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers could have used one of a myriad of excuses to quit yesterday but they didn't. I'm extremely pleased by their performance in the 4th quarter, especially Kaepernick's.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the play calling in the red zone in their first two drives, I was pulling my hair out, how do you not run the ball when you are on the 3 yard line?

Agreed. That has got to be corrected. Kaepernick is just too tentative down there with his passes because he still doesn't read defenses well and the small area is jammed with defenders. Give the ball to the running backs.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can for the love of all things holy when we are in that power formation run a play action naked bootleg? Hell just a play action period would work. It's like every time we are in that formation we fail to gain a yard

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO more read options! that flavor is out of style!

I rather Kap run out of a passing play or simply by design.
The read option wore itself out...

and it cost the offense vs Carolina...

Well the designed runs haven't worked either. I want to see the 49ers run a naked bootleg with a crossing pattern to give Kap a run pass option

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the designed runs haven't worked either. I want to see the 49ers run a naked bootleg with a crossing pattern to give Kap a run pass option

Well by design I mean like the one gore takes off for a block in a passing play or the sweep with Kap...

no read option allowed lol....

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think my criticisms of Kap in this game are similar to my criticisms of Smith in the NO game. Generally a good game, got the job done, and made some huge plays late. But if those guys had played better early, they wouldn't have needed the late-game heroics. Obviously Kap's situation was somewhat tougher given that we were on the road and facing brutal conditions.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners won despite about fiteeen no calls on holding by green bays offensive line.

The one where Rodgers escaped McDonald was a particularly egregious no call. That dude had McDonald in a bear hug.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god that inexplicable gaffe of not drafting Lacy when we had the opportunity did not come back to bite us yesterday. I was afraid it might.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is a Beast. He is just playoff nasty.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs were bad yesterday. GB got away with atleast 10 holds and 3 PI calls. I will agree we got away with 2 PI calls, but damn call a god damn hold on them. A. Smith was getting pissed.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
-Reid had a lot of good tackles. He saved us a lot of yards out there. Coverage seemed good other than one bad coverage on Cobb on the Cox blitz I believe.

That play actually wasn't bad coverage. Rodgers just had the ball for so long that Cobb ran around & finally got open. If you give a receiver that much time he's eventually going to get open.