• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review/thoughts on our playoff win

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
crazy state here:

East Bay Sports Guy ‏@EBSportsGuy
#49ers playoff road record by QB:
Joe Montana: 1-3
Steve Young: 0-3
Jeff Garcia: 0-2
Colin Kaepernick: 2-0

Never would have thought.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Refs were bad yesterday. GB got away with atleast 10 holds and 3 PI calls. I will agree we got away with 2 PI calls, but damn call a god damn hold on them. A. Smith was getting pissed.

The refs seemed to be letting them play in all of the games this weekend, and the numbers bore that out with penalties called *way* down compared to the regular season. I think the numbers were something like 11.5 flags per game during the regular season, and only 7 per game this weekend. Pretty significant drop. I bet the league told the refs to eat the flags a bit this weekend for whatever reason.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think my criticisms of Kap in this game are similar to my criticisms of Smith in the NO game. Generally a good game, got the job done, and made some huge plays late. But if those guys had played better early, they wouldn't have needed the late-game heroics. Obviously Kap's situation was somewhat tougher given that we were on the road and facing brutal conditions.

Okay, he is not beyond criticism, but he was easily the MVP of the game in a PO road win. That's pretty good. I thought he was more patient with reads and moved up in the pocket well, better than he has done this season. How good is he gonna be if/when his reads and footwork get better?

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The refs seemed to be letting them play in all of the games this weekend, and the numbers bore that out with penalties called *way* down compared to the regular season. I think the numbers were something like 11.5 flags per game during the regular season, and only 7 per game this weekend. Pretty significant drop. I bet the league told the refs to eat the flags a bit this weekend for whatever reason.

I hate that, it stinks. Call them the same the whole year. This method enables the teams that are always pushing it; Seattle comes to mind. If they continue to swallow the whistles, opposing teams wideouts are gonna spend a lot of time within 2 yd of the line and/or on the ground.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From MMQB. File this under the "Whaaaaaaaaattttt????" category:

Dorsey had to play nosetackle for nine snaps in the San Francisco nickel package Sunday, and he’s not used to being a run-stuffer, but he filled in adequately against the Pack.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MMQB. File this under the "Whaaaaaaaaattttt????" category:

Dorsey had to play nosetackle for nine snaps in the San Francisco nickel package Sunday, and he’s not used to being a run-stuffer, but he filled in adequately against the Pack.

Must have been when the Pack used their no huddle package.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Must have been when the Pack used their no huddle package.

I'm not questioning Dorsey out there in nickel situations. It was King describing him as "not used to being a run stuffer." That's pretty much all he's been this season.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not questioning Dorsey out there in nickel situations. It was King describing him as "not used to being a run stuffer." That's pretty much all he's been this season.

Ahh....got it.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I was thinking the same thing when I read the article.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Okay, he is not beyond criticism, but he was easily the MVP of the game in a PO road win.

He was the MVP? Kap didn't even have that great of a game. He handed a pick 6 to Green Bay on a silver platter, but they didn't take it. He did enough to win, but a great game it was not. He has to play better than that on Sunday when the Niners play a real defense or SF's postseason will be over.

Crabtree deserves the game ball IMO. He or Aldon.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've never literally ripped off my shirt, and I've never declared that I'm done with the team (and I don't have a room covered in team paraphernalia to remove), but if I'm honest, I'll admit that I've been there. That was pretty close to my reaction after the 4th down conversion.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He was the MVP? Kap didn't even have that great of a game. He handed a pick 6 to Green Bay on a silver platter, but they didn't take it. He did enough to win, but a great game it was not. He has to play better than that on Sunday when the Niners play a real defense or SF's postseason will be over.

Easily. 227 passing, almost 100 running. Big plays that killed GB. Just like the guy in the video about was cursing about. Crabs had a nice game but how many tds, how many big plays?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, maybe you could make an argument for Crabtree but Aldon Smith? WTF? That guy is so out of shape its ridiculous. He took half the plays off. Kaepernick played very well considering the environment. He was clearly the most important guy out there for the 49ers.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe, maybe you could make an argument for Crabtree but Aldon Smith? WTF? That guy is so out of shape its ridiculous. He took half the plays off. Kaepernick played very well considering the environment. He was clearly the most important guy out there for the 49ers.

If he took half the plays off, he was playing extremely well when he was actually trying. He got fairly consistent pressure, despite being held much of the game.

This game was a tough one as far as naming an MVP. Ultimately, Kap made the most big plays, so I'd probably have to go with him. No one player on defense really stood out, and despite the mistakes, Kap was our biggest weapon on offense.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've never literally ripped off my shirt, and I've never declared that I'm done with the team (and I don't have a room covered in team paraphernalia to remove), but if I'm honest, I'll admit that I've been there. That was pretty close to my reaction after the 4th down conversion.

LOL, yeah same here for the most part. No shirt removal, taking team stuff down, or saying I'm done w/the 9ers or anything like that. I've had similar reactions though with more anger towards the NFL, refs, and bullshit calls.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My reaction was just shaking my head in disbelief. As for that guy being "done" with the Packers, all that crap he has hanging on his walls tells me otherwise. He'll be right back there watching the games again come September.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My reaction was just shaking my head in disbelief. As for that guy being "done" with the Packers, all that crap he has hanging on his walls tells me otherwise. He'll be right back there watching the games again come September.

Agreed.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha you serious? Kaep was scrambling and finding Crabtree, again he is 1/3 QB to throw for over 200 yards and rush for 90+ in a playoff game, if we had Alex smith we lose the game by at least a TD