• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My offseason thread...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
made the trade this morning…

:doh:
Brutal. I drafted him Thursday night and have been racking my brains on how I angered the Gods. You must have really pissed them off. Although, it is a keeper league and depending on the injury, he may still prove to be worth it.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Dobbins injury, I don't think I am going to rush any deal until I figure out how long he will be out. But here are the rosters of my team and the guy I was talking trade with about Adams.

My team

QB - Mahomes
RB - CEH, Dobbins, Gus, Fournette, Moss
WR - Adams, Godwin, Sutton, Boyd, Chark, Gallup
TE - Irv, Engram

His team

QB - Hebert
RB - Cook, Mixon, Gibson
WR - Cooper, Lamb, Moore, Corey Davis, AJ Green, Meyers, Quez Watkins
TE - Kittle, Logan Thomas

I am pondering something like Adams, Fournette or Moss, and Irv/Engram for Mixon/Gibson, Moore (or maybe Cooper since he threw that in his offer) and Thomas. We can trade draft picks for next year, but it is a keeper league and not a full dynasty.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likes the offer of Mixon, Cooper and thomas for Adams, Fournette and Irv Smith.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it would be Mixon, Cooper and Thomas for Adams, Fournette and Engram now that Irv Smith is hurt. Injuries have not been kind to me in the 3 days after our draft. Hope that trend doesn't continue.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it would be Mixon, Cooper and Thomas for Adams, Fournette and Engram now that Irv Smith is hurt. Injuries have not been kind to me in the 3 days after our draft. Hope that trend doesn't continue.
Michael Thomas?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn’t even think of that.

You just love Thomas? Or hate Engram?

I don’t see the need to be targeting Logan Thomas, at the expense of the #1 WR. And Mixon doesn’t really deserve that trade value, imo.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Thomas...

Joe Mixon, Amari Cooper, Logan Thomas

for

Davante Adams, Leonard Fournette, Evan Engram
DO NOT DO THIS

Thank me later.

Roll with Gus. Keep the #1 WR.

On those teams, Cook and Adams are way better than every other non-QB.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been moving away from this, to be honest. I did talk to the guy who owns Henry and Kamara and he would he willing to part with one of them for Adams, but wants me to add something to sweeten the deal. We haven't figured out what, though.

I think I just may sit back and wait a couple of weeks to see what I have first. I can IR Dobbins and drop at least 1 TE and get another TE and a handcuff (Darrell Williams, probably, but maybe that kid in Baltimore, or both) and just roll with that.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who has Andrews and Pitts mentioned that someone hit him up offering Robby Andersen and another WR in that range (Claypool, maybe? I can't remember) for Mark Andrews and Mecole Hardman, then revoked it before he could respond. He seemed like he wanted to do it. I could offer Tyler Boyd and DJ Chark for that and not suffer too much at WR, since they are 4 and 5 on my team.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 teams, PPR, keep 1 player lose the round you picked him in last year, can't keep the same guy twice. My keeper is Keenan Allen for a 5th. I have the 1st pick and after keepers it comes down to Dalvin Cook and Alvin Kamara. I'm leaning Cook.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, totally goofed last night and picked Derrick Henry 1st instead of Cook. Cook was the only player in my queue, but somehow it had Henry highlighted and picked him instead. Stupid mistake, but it could be worse. Anyway, this is my team from that draft...

QB - Baker (12th), Fields (14th)
RB - Henry (1st), Carson (2nd), Monty (3rd), Mostert (7th), Gordon (8th)
WR - K. Allen (Keeper 5th), OBJ (4th), Sutton (6th), Jakobi Meyers (11th), Marquez Callaway (10th), Devonte Parker (13th)
TE - Fant (9th)
K - Koo (15th)
D - Minnesota (16th)

I kept getting sniped on QBs and got hurt there. I feel like the ww should be decent after a few weeks when people get impatient. Aside from the Henry goof, I also goofed on taking Odell. My time was running out and I panicked and reached for him.

The guy who kept Mahomes also drafted Rodgers and I have been talking to him about a deal, but his initial offer was Rodgers and Hooper for Monty and Fant and I am not at all interested in that. I was more thinking either Mostert or Gordon for Rodgers. Thought about a bigger deal with Henry involved, but I think I will just stick with something smaller for now.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, totally goofed last night and picked Derrick Henry 1st instead of Cook. Cook was the only player in my queue, but somehow it had Henry highlighted and picked him instead. Stupid mistake, but it could be worse. Anyway, this is my team from that draft...

WR - K. Allen (Keeper 5th), OBJ (4th), Sutton (6th), Jakobi Meyers (11th), Marquez Callaway (10th), Devonte Parker (13th)
TE - Fant (9th)
K - Koo (15th)
D - Minnesota (16th)

I kept getting sniped on QBs and got hurt there. I feel like the ww should be decent after a few weeks when people get impatient. Aside from the Henry goof, I also goofed on taking Odell. My time was running out and I panicked and reached for him.

The guy who kept Mahomes also drafted Rodgers and I have been talking to him about a deal, but his initial offer was Rodgers and Hooper for Monty and Fant and I am not at all interested in that. I was more thinking either Mostert or Gordon for Rodgers. Thought about a bigger deal with Henry involved, but I think I will just stick with something smaller for now.

I wouldn’t be terribly opposed to sending Monty for Rodgers. Not with the Fant/Hooper swap too though. You should get the upgrade on the second group in that scenario.

That said, if I’m him, unless I’m desperate at RB, I wouldn’t even think about Rodgers for Mostert or Gordon.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team...

TE - Fant (9th)
K - Koo (15th)
D - Minnesota (16th)

His team...

QB - Mahomes (Keeper 2nd), Rodgers (6th)
RB - Josh Jacobs (3rd), Michel (8th), Fournette (9th), David Johnson (10th), Tevin Coleman (13th)
WR - Tyreek (1st), Thielen (4th), Jeudy (5th), Juju (7th), Mooney (12th), Ruggs (14th)
TE - Hooper (11th)
K - Gay (16th)
D - Buffalo (15th)

Pondering something with Henry. My guess is that it would take Tyreek in the deal or Mahomes to make it worth it for me.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it on nfl.com? Their draft page is fucking garbage.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm trying to clear a roster spot to put in on a couple FAs that I like and I hit up the Cook owner to see if I can deal Mattison to him for a draft pick and he hits me back and asks me what I would give him for Cook.

My team

QB - Mahomes
RB - Barkley, Fournette, Moss, Pollard, Mattison, Carter, Ty'Son
WR - Adams, Deebo, Sutton, Boyd, R. Moore
TE - Fant

His team

QB - Hebert
RB - Cook, Mixon, Gibson, Sanders
WR - Lamb, Moore, Corey Davis, AJ Green, Meyers
TE - Kittle, Logan Thomas, Hunter

I know he likes Adams and would want him in the deal, but I am trying to avoid moving him or Barkley. This is a keeper league and we keep 2 offensive players, so it is like our draft starts in round 3 of a redraft with the keepers. Not exactly, because a couple of players are kept that would not go in the first 2 rounds of a redraft, but you get the point. I bring this up because we can trade draft picks and I have an extra 3rd already. I'm wondering if I could pry Cook from him for Deebo, Fournette (or any RB not named Barkley) and a pick. I figure I can go as high as a 3 and not affect my setup next season at this point. I'm not sure if that is enough, though.

But I also worry that this may be the signs of him breaking down after a heavy load last season. I would have Mattison, also, but I already have him and I can hit up someone else and try to deal Moss or Pollard or something for the roster spot. I plan on putting in for Damian Williams and Kenny Golladay. My team is 2-2. Lost a close on in week 1, then split the next 2, but didn't put up a lot of points. Last week, I dominated and missed the high mark of the season for 1 week by about a point. I feel like there is someone who is going to emerge as a solid starting RB from my group and Barkley looks like he is going to be back to form down the stretch. I may not want to shake anything up at this point.