• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My first thread ever, the Bruins dominate and Brock loves hockey

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite 80's girl: Heather Thomas

982221948.jpg

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right- she looks good for her age (50+).
But she's probably not what they had in mind when those poor young souls strapped bras to their heads.

???

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a youngin back in the 80's. i'll have to go with Alyssa Milano

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even mid-November yet and we’re already into the “do they like him or do they like like him?” phase of free agency. With the Red Sox and Tim Hudson, they seem to like like him, reports Jon Heyman. Heyman adds that the Sox are “big admirers” of Hudson and that they “really want him.”
He is attractive. For one thing he’s bald, and bald is beautiful. For another thing he’s a free agent pitcher who neither will require a really long contract nor has a qualifying offer attached to him, thereby not costing a would-be signing team a draft pick. And he’s still a decent pitcher at age 38, having gone 8-7 with a 3.97 ERA in 21 starts last year.
It was only 21 starts because of the broken ankle he suffered in that game against the Mets. On that score, [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]398885524863070209[/MEDIA]"]David O’Brein of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports[/ame] that Hudson had a screw removed from his ankle today and will be cleared to run in couple of weeks. So all signs point to him being ready for spring training.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This news about the dog killer makes me VERY happy.

Unofficially, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick remains day to day with an aggravated hamstring injury. Officially, he’s doubtful for Sunday’s game at Green Bay.
His status reconfirms that the team won’t put Vick back out on the field until he’s fully healthy. But even if/when he’s fully healthy, chances are he won’t be back on the field — barring injury to Nick Foles.
Per a league source, Vick realizes that the Eagles will now be inclined to give Foles a chance to show that he can be the team’s quarterback beyond 2013. Vick understands that his role, when healthy, most likely will be to serve as the backup to Foles — especially since rookie Matt Barkley has shown he’s not ready for game action.
It becomes one of the most uneventful benchings in recent memory. Though Vick won the job before the season with the idea that he’d have the job all year, his hamstring injury and reinjury combined with Foles’ lights-out performance against Oakland necessarily puts Foles in the driver’s seat. With owner Jeffrey Lurie identifying finding a franchise quarterback as the team’s top priority and essentially omitting Vick from the pool of potential candidates, the presumption now becomes that Vick won’t be back.
Unless, of course, he’s willing to accept his role and a salary that reflects it. While plenty of former starters who refused to admit that they are former starters essentially ran themselves out of a league that needs backup quarterbacks who are content with that role, Vick could enter a new phase of his career in which he’s paid handsomely to hold a clipboard and be ready to play.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? fuck no. hockey is terrible. grown men pulling each other's hair trying to throw a roundhouse on iceskates is worse than seeing 2 high school nerds bitchslap each other in a video game store.

soccer, you can only have 3 subs during the entire game. no time outs. it's an iron man match to the finish.

Fights, however much some people like them, are NOT HOCKEY! And frequently one or both of the fighters will be
end-of-the-bench warm bodies trying to attract attention and avoid demotion.

Watch the things that go on between fights and you might like the game more. It's a test of stamina which is why "shifts"are so short.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even mid-November yet and we’re already into the “do they like him or do they like like him?” phase of free agency. With the Red Sox and Tim Hudson, they seem to like like him, reports Jon Heyman. Heyman adds that the Sox are “big admirers” of Hudson and that they “really want him.”
He is attractive. For one thing he’s bald, and bald is beautiful. For another thing he’s a free agent pitcher who neither will require a really long contract nor has a qualifying offer attached to him, thereby not costing a would-be signing team a draft pick. And he’s still a decent pitcher at age 38, having gone 8-7 with a 3.97 ERA in 21 starts last year.
It was only 21 starts because of the broken ankle he suffered in that game against the Mets. On that score, David O’Brein of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Hudson had a screw removed from his ankle today and will be cleared to run in couple of weeks. So all signs point to him being ready for spring training.

I'll take him. Good, veteran starter that has usually been durable. He will also probably take a 1 year deal. The Sox can then trade Dempster or move him to the bullpen.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF!?!?!?!?!

Jamaican bobsled baseball?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\

Valerie Bertinelli

Then:

Now:

Another longtime flame.

And, I was even happy that she hooked up with Eddie.

Then, after seeing what happened to Eddie, and thinking about him "being there", that flame pretty much died.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think or Napoli stating he will test the FA waters? Stephen Drew giving up a guaranteed $14.1 million? Does he really think he is going to get more than that?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take him. Good, veteran starter that has usually been durable. He will also probably take a 1 year deal. The Sox can then trade Dempster or move him to the bullpen.

Do you really think Dempster in 2014 will even be in the rotation? I'm thinking he will go straight to pen for year (if he isn't traded)

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think or Napoli stating he will test the FA waters? Stephen Drew giving up a guaranteed $14.1 million? Does he really think he is going to get more than that?

drew will absolutely get more than that

probably not annually, but as part of a 3 yr deal

3 and 39 sounds about right