• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My first thread ever, the Bruins dominate and Brock loves hockey

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does baseball start again?

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa

whoa whao

whoa whoa whoa

brock loves a lot of things

pussy

beer

tom brady

pantera

herb

fishing

brock does not like the mighty ducks or emillliooilllio estaphan

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon loses!

all hail #1 florida st!

florida+State+474c9d5099fb8.jpg

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Papi 3rd in Boston Mayoral Race

In case you doubt the primacy of Red Sox baseball in Boston there's this true, actual, verfiable fact on which to ruminate, (source: WGBH news): According to the Boston Election Department, Red Sox DH/warrior-poet/2013 World Series MVP David Ortiz finished with the most write-in votes in the recent mayoral election.

Marty Walsh triumphed over John R. Connolly in the battle of candidates actually on the ballot, so the takeaway is that Big Papi finished third in the Boston mayor's race. Records indicate that a total of 560 write-in votes were cast, and Ortiz had the highest total. Perhaps a grassroots movement is afoot?

In a very real sense, it really is his bleepin' city.

(Wink of CBS eye: Jenny Dell)

David Ortiz reportedly finishes 3rd in Boston mayor's race - CBSSports.com

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you doubt the primacy of Red Sox baseball in Boston there's this true, actual, verfiable fact on which to ruminate, (source: WGBH news): According to the Boston Election Department, Red Sox DH/warrior-poet/2013 World Series MVP David Ortiz finished with the most write-in votes in the recent mayoral election.

Marty Walsh triumphed over John R. Connolly in the battle of candidates actually on the ballot, so the takeaway is that Big Papi finished third in the Boston mayor's race. Records indicate that a total of 560 write-in votes were cast, and Ortiz had the highest total. Perhaps a grassroots movement is afoot?

what does this say about our 2-party dictatorship?

on a side note, the liberal idiots east of i495 voted ted kennedy in office for 30 years. boston/new York voters are the absolute worst in this country (besides Kentucky)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon loses!

all hail #1 florida st!

florida+State+474c9d5099fb8.jpg

Local sportstalk is all aboout this today in my area. I guess this was a being deal or something. So, the rich kids beat the fortunate ones (Nike funded). Big friggen whoop.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome back to yesterday Capt.

Gotta get up pretty early to scoop this guy........

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this was a false report

see here

Reports that Red Sox World Series MVP David Ortiz finished third in the Boston Mayor’s race are not accurate, according to city officials.

There were 560 write-in votes in Tuesday’s election and Ortiz did receive some of them, but sources at City Hall told WBZ-TV and WBZ NewsRadio 1030 they don’t count votes for people who are not official write-in candidates listed on the ballot.

Therefore, no one really knows how many people actually voted for Ortiz.

There were two official write-in candidates, Lee Buckley and David James Wyatt.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saga of Nelson Cruz continues. And, I think it will be a good case now to how teams feel about drugs & drug suspentions.

The Rangers, after he did what he did and the time he missed, still made him a qualifying offer. An offer he is now expected to decline.

1) Where is the gratitude on his part?
2) Does he REALLY think he is due any sort of raise after he did what he did?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greed may be good, but this is just stupid talk, IMO.

Free-agent right-hander Ervin Santana is seeking more than $100 million on a five-year deal, and righty Ricky Nolasco $80 million over the same term, according to major league sources.
The market opened Monday, and club officials already are complaining of sticker shock. But player agents, in plotting their strategies, appear to be banking on both the principles of supply and demand and the vast amount of revenue in the industry.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saga of Nelson Cruz continues. And, I think it will be a good case now to how teams feel about drugs & drug suspentions.

The Rangers, after he did what he did and the time he missed, still made him a qualifying offer. An offer he is now expected to decline.

1) Where is the gratitude on his part?
2) Does he REALLY think he is due any sort of raise after he did what he did?

Peralta is about to get a nice raise and he is in same position

And somebody is going to pay Cruz

there is no loyalty in baseball anymore, Big.....you know that. Whoever offers the bigger pot of gold gets their guy, with very rare exceptions

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back to yesterday Capt.

Gotta get up pretty early to scoop this guy........

Hahaha & God knows the only way I ever see sunrise is if Ive been up all night :lol:

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BigD, I see the Dodgers are telling teams to make an offer on either Kemp, Ethier, or Crawford. I would think they would prefer to trade Ethier, but either (Ethier?) way, they will have to eat some salary.

Sox have also spoken to Carlos Beltran. In this scenario, Victorino replaces Ellsbury in CF, and Beltran plays RF.

It's tough when you win a championship or are expected to compete for one. If the Sox didn't present high expectations for 2014, they would have easily given Jackie Bradley a shot, which I think they should still do.

Still, a signing like this (though unlikely) shows the Sox still value the veteran player on a short term deal approach, which worked so nicely last season.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BigD, I see the Dodgers are telling teams to make an offer on either Kemp, Ethier, or Crawford. I would think they would prefer to trade Ethier, but either (Ethier?) way, they will have to eat some salary.

Sox have also spoken to Carlos Beltran. In this scenario, Victorino replaces Ellsbury in CF, and Beltran plays RF.

It's tough when you win a championship or are expected to compete for one. If the Sox didn't present high expectations for 2014, they would have easily given Jackie Bradley a shot, which I think they should still do.

Still, a signing like this (though unlikely) shows the Sox still value the veteran player on a short term deal approach, which worked so nicely last season.

id take a shot at Kemp if the Dodgers eat some of that salary

MVP caliber talent with attitude issues and I know the Sox were interested in him a few years ago

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local sportstalk is all aboout this today in my area. I guess this was a being deal or something. So, the rich kids beat the fortunate ones (Nike funded). Big friggen whoop.

I don't follow college foozball at all so I was surprised to see a text message that the trees beat the ducks. I guess that's a big deal? Then I come in here and see the front page clogged with Stanford/Oregon threads. Who knew?! Congrats to the local boys??

And good morning, gents and happy Friday! :yo:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peralta is about to get a nice raise and he is in same position

And somebody is going to pay Cruz

there is no loyalty in baseball anymore, Big.....you know that. Whoever offers the bigger pot of gold gets their guy, with very rare exceptions

My thoughts here were based on one term - extenuating circumstances. A.k.a, I thought this situation was different enough to be different.

Oh well...