• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My first thread ever, the Bruins dominate and Brock loves hockey

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BigD, I see the Dodgers are telling teams to make an offer on either Kemp, Ethier, or Crawford. I would think they would prefer to trade Ethier, but either (Ethier?) way, they will have to eat some salary.

Sox have also spoken to Carlos Beltran. In this scenario, Victorino replaces Ellsbury in CF, and Beltran plays RF.

It's tough when you win a championship or are expected to compete for one. If the Sox didn't present high expectations for 2014, they would have easily given Jackie Bradley a shot, which I think they should still do.

Still, a signing like this (though unlikely) shows the Sox still value the veteran player on a short term deal approach, which worked so nicely last season.

I would love them to move Ethier, but would not want them to have to eat salary to do it. Maybe they can take on someone else's unwanted player and contract in return?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college foozball at all so I was surprised to see a text message that the trees beat the ducks. I guess that's a big deal? Then I come in here and see the front page clogged with Stanford/Oregon threads. Who knew?! Congrats to the local boys??

And good morning, gents and happy Friday! :yo:

Can we assume the meds last night worked?

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id take a shot at Kemp if the Dodgers eat some of that salary

MVP caliber talent with attitude issues and I know the Sox were interested in him a few years ago

kemp = bautista

no thanks

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we assume the meds last night worked?
And how! I was asleep before 8, but not soundly. Kept waking up throughout the night. Which resulted in me being forgetful this morning. Got to work at 5 and realized I forgot my badge that lets me in the building so I had to go home & get it because security doesn't get here until 6:30. :gaah:
But it's Friday, and I ain't got shit to do, so...
Just kidding. I have a lot of shit to do.
:L

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kemp = bautista

no thanks

Other than the fact that Kemp stole almost as many bases in 2011 than Bautista has in his whole career. And, that Kemp is a plus defender, with Bautista being below league avg.

Yeah. Other than that......

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MVP caliber talent with attitude issues and I know the Sox were interested in him a few years ago

Really? He played less than half the season last year. He just doesn't want to get completely healed or something. He's got plenty of talent, but what good is it if he's always injured? And he's such an LA guy.

I'd take Ethier. hubba-hubba :laugh3:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how! I was asleep before 8, but not soundly. Kept waking up throughout the night. Which resulted in me being forgetful this morning. Got to work at 5 and realized I forgot my badge that lets me in the building so I had to go home & get it because security doesn't get here until 6:30. :gaah:

I hear the phrase "happy friday" from folks every week. And, at least once a week, I ask if I can have it in writing.

Some people.......

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think of all the ballgames you have to miss b/c u go to bed at 8PM... :bawling:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? He played less than half the season last year. He just doesn't want to get completely healed or something. He's got plenty of talent, but what good is it if he's always injured? And he's such an LA guy.

I'd take Ethier. hubba-hubba :laugh3:

th

Great.....

So if I had this lady as a team G.M, only THEN could the Dodgers dump Ethier?

Great.......

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of all the ballgames you have to miss b/c u go to bed at 8PM... :bawling:

Only went to bed that early because I'm trying to kick this cold's ass. I think I'm winning! I didn't go out last night and took some drugs. Just a little sneezy this a.m.

I hardly ever miss any of my team's games. So it's a lot of bedtime at 11 and up at 5 during the season. And if I go to a game, I get home after midnight. (Then have to watch 2 games the next night because I record the games I go to just in case I miss something or have a question about something I've seen when I'm there. Oh, and I LOVE my announcers. Like baseball much? :L)

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only went to bed that early because I'm trying to kick this cold's ass. I think I'm winning! I didn't go out last night and took some drugs. Just a little sneezy this a.m.

I hardly ever miss any of my team's games. So it's a lot of bedtime at 11 and up at 5 during the season. And if I go to a game, I get home after midnight. (Then have to watch 2 games the next night because I record the games I go to just in case I miss something or have a question about something I've seen when I'm there. Oh, and I LOVE my announcers. Like baseball much? :L)

so you're the one that gave me this fucking cold!!

son of a bitch!

kicked my ass yesterday, was in bed all day

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only important between April-October.

True dat

Left coast games are killer for us in the ET zone... Even folks like me that dont have to get up at dark o'thirty...

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kemp's never been the same since he was dating Rihanna.

Then again, I haven't been the same since seeing that ass, and he actually got to touch it.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp's never been the same since he was dating Rihanna.

Then again, I haven't been the same since seeing that ass, and he actually got to touch it.

He only sucked the year he was with her. He had the MVP season AFTER they split. His problem now is injuries.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa

brock does not like the mighty ducks or emillliooilllio estaphan

Don't lie Brock, you call up 4 of your closests buds an practice the "flying V" just like in the movie

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college foozball at all so I was surprised to see a text message that the trees beat the ducks. I guess that's a big deal? Then I come in here and see the front page clogged with Stanford/Oregon threads. Who knew?! Congrats to the local boys??

And good morning, gents and happy Friday! :yo:

You have to follow college football in the southeast, otherwise people will think you're gay

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact that Kemp stole almost as many bases in 2011 than Bautista has in his whole career. And, that Kemp is a plus defender, with Bautista being below league avg.

Yeah. Other than that......

Kemp's owed essentially $21mm annually through 2019. It is not an awful contract. If the Dodgers kick in $15mm, you've got yourself a deal.

We will give you Middlebrooks, Ranaudo, and De La Rosa (since he was yours originally).

Done deal!

stock-photo-businessmen-shaking-hands-isolated-on-white-closeup-110630771.jpg