• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My first thread ever, the Bruins dominate and Brock loves hockey

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up Sox fans (and others)?

This ain't CBS $ 500.

We actually have some fandom diversity here......

Speaking of, and from my informal checking, the best repped teams here ( based on team board action ), would be the Giants, the Phillies, and the Rangers.

Just don't ask me anything on how or why this is, as I have no clue.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston Red Sox won the World Series in 2013, becoming the first AL team to do so since the New York Yankees defeated the Philadelphia Phillies in 2009.
But the championship trophy will switch back to the National League in 2014 if oddsmakers are correct in pegging the Los Angeles Dodgers as early favorites.
Topping the list is the Los Angeles Dodgers, who were one of the hottest teams in baseball down the stretch in 2013. Los Angeles managed to advance to the NLCS despite having one of its best players, Matt Kemp, sidelined for the postseason.
Returning all of the key players from last year's team and having an ownership group that isn't afraid to spend money to bring in even more talent, the Dodgers are the current favorite to win it all next year at 7/1, according to TopBet.eu.
Not far behind are the Detroit Tigers at 9/1. While Manager Jim Leyland has retired, the core returns with Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer leading an excellent pitching staff and Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder leading a great offense.
The Tigers were one of baseball's best teams last year and should be again in 2014.
Each going off at 10/1 are the defending champion Boston Red Sox, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Washington Nationals, according to the latest World Series odds update at OddsShark.com. All three have something in common, and that is deep, elite pitching staffs.
Year in and year out, the team that gets the best pitching in the postseason usually comes out on top, and that was proven again this year with Boston and St. Louis getting such great production from their staffs. Of course, Boston also has David Ortiz, who will go down as one of the most clutch postseason hitters of all time.
Could 2014 be a post-hype year for the Los Angeles Angels? Widely considered to be the favorite to win the World Series last year with the addition of Josh Hamilton, the Angels fell flat and missed the playoffs entirely.
A new year and some new free agent acquisitions could get the Angels back on track, and make them a bargain at 14/1.
Other teams expected to contend for the title that are all going off at 16/1 are the Atlanta Braves, Cincinnati Reds, New York Yankees, Tampa Bay Rays, Oakland A's and Texas Rangers.

Odds to win the 2014 World Series at Bodog
Los Angeles Dodgers 7/1
Detroit Tigers 9/1
Boston Red Sox 10/1
St. Louis Cardinals 10/1
Washington Nationals 10/1
Los Angeles Angels 14/1
Atlanta Braves 16/1
Cincinnati Reds 16/1
New York Yankees 16/1
Oakland Athletics 16/1
Tampa Bay Rays 16/1
Texas Rangers 16/1
San Francisco Giants 18/1
Cleveland Indians 20/1
Baltimore Orioles 25/1
Pittsburgh Pirates 25/1
Toronto Blue Jays 25/1
Kansas City Royals 33/1
Philadelphia Phillies 33/1
Arizona Diamondbacks 40/1
Chicago White Sox 50/1
Milwaukee Brewers 50/1
Seattle Mariners 50/1
Chicago Cubs 66/1
Colorado Rockies 66/1
San Diego Padres 66/1
Minnesota Twins 75/1
New York Mets 75/1
Miami Marlins 200/1
Houston Astros 250/1

:yahoo:

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG! Let's not get started on soccer "fights"!
X3syHee.gif

Mr. Spock from star trek had a similar lethal method to bring a man to his knees.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston Red Sox won the World Series in 2013, becoming the first AL team to do so since the New York Yankees defeated the Philadelphia Phillies in 2009.
But the championship trophy will switch back to the National League in 2014 if oddsmakers are correct in pegging the Los Angeles Dodgers as early favorites.
Topping the list is the Los Angeles Dodgers, who were one of the hottest teams in baseball down the stretch in 2013. Los Angeles managed to advance to the NLCS despite having one of its best players, Matt Kemp, sidelined for the postseason.
Returning all of the key players from last year's team and having an ownership group that isn't afraid to spend money to bring in even more talent, the Dodgers are the current favorite to win it all next year at 7/1, according to TopBet.eu.
Not far behind are the Detroit Tigers at 9/1. While Manager Jim Leyland has retired, the core returns with Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer leading an excellent pitching staff and Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder leading a great offense.
The Tigers were one of baseball's best teams last year and should be again in 2014.
Each going off at 10/1 are the defending champion Boston Red Sox, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Washington Nationals, according to the latest World Series odds update at OddsShark.com. All three have something in common, and that is deep, elite pitching staffs.
Year in and year out, the team that gets the best pitching in the postseason usually comes out on top, and that was proven again this year with Boston and St. Louis getting such great production from their staffs. Of course, Boston also has David Ortiz, who will go down as one of the most clutch postseason hitters of all time.
Could 2014 be a post-hype year for the Los Angeles Angels? Widely considered to be the favorite to win the World Series last year with the addition of Josh Hamilton, the Angels fell flat and missed the playoffs entirely.
A new year and some new free agent acquisitions could get the Angels back on track, and make them a bargain at 14/1.
Other teams expected to contend for the title that are all going off at 16/1 are the Atlanta Braves, Cincinnati Reds, New York Yankees, Tampa Bay Rays, Oakland A's and Texas Rangers.

Los Angeles Dodgers 7/1
Detroit Tigers 9/1
Boston Red Sox 10/1
St. Louis Cardinals 10/1
Los Angeles Angels 14/1
Atlanta Braves 16/1
Cincinnati Reds 16/1
New York Yankees 16/1
Oakland Athletics 16/1
Tampa Bay Rays 16/1
Texas Rangers 16/1
Cleveland Indians 20/1
Baltimore Orioles 25/1
Pittsburgh Pirates 25/1
Toronto Blue Jays 25/1
Kansas City Royals 33/1
Chicago White Sox 50/1
Milwaukee Brewers 50/1
Seattle Mariners 50/1
Chicago Cubs 66/1
Colorado Rockies 66/1
San Diego Padres 66/1
Minnesota Twins 75/1
New York Mets 75/1
Miami Marlins 200/1
Houston Astros 250/1

So I need to put some money on Jose Fernandez leading his team to the Trophy.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to remember the last time I ran. Or, wanted to....

I used to be a fanatical runner. Did a 5 min mile. That is til I ruptured my Achilles on an indoor track at the health club. Switched to golf, because riding in a cart doesnt hurt your feet. Havent ran since (that was around '89)... :lol:

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ain't CBS $ 500.

We actually have some fandom diversity here......

Speaking of, and from my informal checking, the best repped teams here ( based on team board action ), would be the Giants, the Phillies, and the Rangers.

Just don't ask me anything on how or why this is, as I have no clue.

I said "others"

:suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I need to put some money on Jose Fernandez leading his team to the Trophy.

Making me think of a story I heard about the Twitter C.O.O today. He put $ 25,000 into Twitter in 2006 or 2008.

As of yesterdays public IPO, his stake is something like $ 380 Mil now.

So, bet away. The longshot does come in every now and again, so, why not?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Spock from star trek had a similar lethal method to bring a man to his knees.

1 Hates Hockey
2 Likes Soccer
3 References Star Trek
4 Wants all the men to take their pants off

Brock which role in Weird science was based on you?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Los Angeles Dodgers 7/1
Detroit Tigers 9/1
Boston Red Sox 10/1
St. Louis Cardinals 10/1
Los Angeles Angels 14/1
Atlanta Braves 16/1
Cincinnati Reds 16/1
New York Yankees 16/1
Oakland Athletics 16/1
Tampa Bay Rays 16/1
Texas Rangers 16/1
Cleveland Indians 20/1
Baltimore Orioles 25/1
Pittsburgh Pirates 25/1
Toronto Blue Jays 25/1
Kansas City Royals 33/1
Chicago White Sox 50/1
Milwaukee Brewers 50/1
Seattle Mariners 50/1
Chicago Cubs 66/1
Colorado Rockies 66/1
San Diego Padres 66/1
Minnesota Twins 75/1
New York Mets 75/1
Miami Marlins 200/1
Houston Astros 250/1

First: puke. I hope your Dodgers implode.
And 2- so that means I'd win $1800 if I put down $100 now? And can I put all my vCash on the Giants right now, too?

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making me think of a story I heard about the Twitter C.O.O today. He put $ 25,000 into Twitter in 2006 or 2008.

As of yesterdays public IPO, his stake is something like $ 380 Mil now.

So, bet away. The longshot does come in every now and again, so, why not?

Because the Marlins are comprised of three phenoms and a great big clusterfuck.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this real or WWE? because they don't even land a punch

recker-fight3.gif

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Hates Hockey
2 Likes Soccer
3 References Star Trek

Chet

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Hates Hockey
2 Likes Soccer
3 References Star Trek

I would put #4 in the #1 spot :yahoo:

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this real or WWE? because they don't even land a punch

Alright, I'll back off a little. Those dudes in soccer can get physical sometimes...
daily_gifdump_169_14.gif