• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My first thread ever, the Bruins dominate and Brock loves hockey

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, in relationship to this, if you love the guitar, I hope you have found and heard Yngwie Malmsteen.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Said friend once made his living as a guitarist in a band that played clubs regularly but never got a recording contract. He's offered to to teach me though my talents seem to be more for singing than for playing any instrument.

I have studied violin in the past, and recommend checking out Hilary Hahn if you wish to hear that instrument
played really well. The late Isaac Stern is another worth investigating.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5'2 or 3" is perfect :suds:

and, why are you doing your best to avoid him? does he suck that bad?

He's got a touch of le retard.
He's super inappropriate. In a bad way. Let's put it this way- these are the types of words that I use when I'm forced to have what are supposed to be business meetings with him:
socially retarded, pussy, crybaby, idiot, sad sack, she's a stripper she's not on broadway, I don't care, what does this have to do with me, are we done here, don't you have work to do.
Which usually end up (I am not lying) with him in tears.
He fired me a few weeks ago for about 10 minutes after he told me that he likes the work I do, but that sometimes I say things that irritate him. To which I responded, "Tell me about it! You irritate me, too." I still don't see how that's not okay, but whatever. He came back ten minutes later and apologized then said that he wouldn't have anymore non-work related meetings with me (these things go on for literally 2 hours) and also promised he wouldn't try to talk sports with me if it bothered me so much.
That lasted ONE day. I hate his face.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's super inappropriate. In a bad way. Let's put it this way- these are the types of words that I use when I'm forced to have what are supposed to be business meetings with him:
socially retarded, pussy, crybaby, idiot, sad sack, she's a stripper she's not on broadway, I don't care, what does this have to do with me, are we done here, don't you have work to do.
He fired me a few weeks ago for about 10 minutes after he told me that he likes the work I do, but that sometimes I say things that irritate him. To which I responded, "Tell me about it! You irritate me, too." I still don't see how that's not okay, but whatever. He came back ten minutes later and apologized then said that he wouldn't have anymore non-work related meetings with me (these things go on for literally 2 hours) and also promised he wouldn't try to talk sports with me if it bothered me so much.

This is your boss or you're his boss?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's MY boss! And he's like 10 years older than me!
I mean, I admit, his life is pretty shitty because all he has is work, but I didn't do that to him. Why should I have to suffer because of it? I really do try to be nice, but as soon as I hear him breathing (which I can from about 20 feet away), I get super pissy and I'm either mean or super quiet, which he interprets as mean anyway. Just something about him that irritates me.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's MY boss! And he's like 10 years older than me!
I mean, I admit, his life is pretty shitty because all he has is work, but I didn't do that to him. Why should I have to suffer because of it? I really do try to be nice, but as soon as I hear him breathing (which I can from about 20 feet away), I get super pissy and I'm either mean or super quiet, which he interprets as mean anyway. Just something about him that irritates me.

Hmmm...I think you have yourself a sitcom there moxie, I'm sure it would have to be HBO or Showtime but that sounds like must see TV.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish I could figure out how to surreptitiously record these exchanges and I would so put them on youtube. His breakdowns are the best. His last major one was awesome! We were in a big conference room and he starts shaking & sobbing, asking me why I have to humiliate him (we are the only ones in the room, so I don't know how that's possible) then he gets up to storm out, turns around about 10 feet from the door, stomping his feet and slamming his balled up fists on his knees, "I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY I'M NOT A BETTER MANAGER! I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME! I'M SORRY!"
....and /SCENE

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ummmmm

not normal! just sayin'

time to hit up monster this weekend there sweetie

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said friend once made his living as a guitarist in a band that played clubs regularly but never got a recording contract. He's offered to to teach me though my talents seem to be more for singing than for playing any instrument.

I have studied violin in the past, and recommend checking out Hilary Hahn if you wish to hear that instrument
played really well. The late Isaac Stern is another worth investigating.

The spelling will be way off, but, my guy is Spephon Grafelli. Anyone good enough for Pink Floyd and the Who is good enough for me.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...I think you have yourself a sitcom there moxie, I'm sure it would have to be HBO or Showtime but that sounds like must see TV.

man, I said that about myself so many times.

let's put it this way, the movie beer league is 100% real. I really thought it was my team at the time.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, I said that about myself so many times.

let's put it this way, the movie beer league is 100% real. I really thought it was my team at the time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like I'm on my own Truman Show all the time. I am constantly asking myself, "Is this for real? Where's Ashton?" and looking around for hidden cameras. :laugh3:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my head, I actually think I'm like 5'7" (maybe it's the shoes), I forget that I'm 5'3". And truthfully, 5'3" is probably being a bit generous :L

I hate you both. He wants me to come in over the weekend. I'll do it, but I won't tell him what day just to keep him guessing (and to be a pain). It's stupid though. I've already told him that if I come in on the weekends, he's not allowed to talk to me so it shouldn't matter which day I come in.

Looks like someone forgot to put the cover sheet on the TPS report........

Um,.......yeah................

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like I'm on my own Truman Show all the time. I am constantly asking myself, "Is this for real? Where's Ashton?" and looking around for hidden cameras. :laugh3:

For me ( and relating to my comment on a post just now ), my work life is Office Space. And, I am equal parts Peter Gibbons ( the main guy ) and Milton Waddams ( the put upon guy ).

Makes for an odd case......

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no idea how i'm not on youtube or the internet for that matter. maybe there's a sextape out there and I just don't know it lol

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me ( and relating to my comment on a post just now ), my work life is Office Space. And, I am equal parts Peter Gibbons ( the main guy ) and Milton Waddams ( the put upon guy ).

my worklife is office space but I still get to go out back and play with machines

back in my younger years, we use to have wrestling matches in front of customers. they would watch and laugh. we got nothing done but the customers were happy!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my worklife is office space but I still get to go out back and play with machines

back in my younger years, we use to have wrestling matches in front of customers. they would watch and laugh. we got nothing done but the customers were happy!

Reminds me of the best job I ever had. Running a record store in my early 20's. Way too much fun was had, and, some of it was even legal.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

I am seeing a report from WFAN that more than a dozen teams are looking at Joba Chamberlain.

WHY???

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of the best job I ever had. Running a record store in my early 20's. Way too much fun was had, and, some of it was even legal.

I really miss those stores. my first record was Fleetwood mac. I was knee-high to a grasshopper but I knew which one it was and how to put it on my dad's turntable.

newbury comics is barely hanging on out here. very sad to see them go.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My work life is to sit here in my PJ’s and supervise 18 call center agents, who are also sitting home in their PJ’s all over the US, calling people all over the US and Canada about their automotive service needs. It’s a good gig.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I'm right there with ya. I get my shit done (and then some) and then end up picking up other shit because it's not getting done by the person who is supposed to be doing it.