• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Bears D fix.com

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that game. 40 mile per hour winds basically made us one dimensional.....and not the dimension we were very comfortable in

Still... you guys were a FAR BETTER team than the Bears that year, and the Bears managed to beat you guys not just that one time at home. They also beat you guys at Lambeau on a VERY clear and mild early October evening.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still... you guys were a FAR BETTER team than the Bears that year, and the Bears managed to beat you guys not just that one time at home. They also beat you guys at Lambeau on a VERY clear and mild early October evening.

I never once said you didn't beat us by any nefarious way....I simply pointed out we were unable to pass the ball and it played right into your strengths. Settle down killer.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the HELL could you possibly be talking about? I really hope you're joking.

Not only has everyone no one on this board said that the Bears will win next week, WE'VE AAAAALLLL said that the Bears don't have much of a shot.

Go back and read some of the comments here.....I am also referring to the notion of doing a position change halfway into the season

C

cubzzzfanincali

McCown's an elite QB. Put him in the packers system and he pulls a Mattie Flynn. Elite I tell ya.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once said you didn't beat us by any nefarious way....I simply pointed out we were unable to pass the ball and it played right into your strengths. Settle down killer.

lol... Where did you get the idea that I wasn't calm? I simply pointed out the results of games that occurred six years ago.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and read some of the comments here.....I am also referring to the notion of doing a position change halfway into the season

The position change stuff is obviously fantasy bull shit.

I've read the thread... All I see is people saying that the Bears are in HUGE trouble against GB, and then a couple of posters saying that MAYBE since Cutler has always played terribly against GB, that this isn't such a bad thing. That's all. I don't see ANYONE saying that the Bears really have a good shot at winning, nor do I see anyone saying McCown is going to put up a great game.

Honestly, you should hear all of the negativity from the media/fans surrounding this team. People have completely given up on the season. I think a lot of us are just heard enough of the negative, and are trying to look at AT LEAST SOMETHING that COULD be positive.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The position change stuff is obviously fantasy bull shit.

I've read the thread... All I see is people saying that the Bears are in HUGE trouble against GB, and then a couple of posters saying that MAYBE since Cutler has always played terribly against GB, that this isn't such a bad thing. That's all. I don't see ANYONE saying that the Bears really have a good shot at winning, nor do I see anyone saying McCown is going to put up a great game.

Honestly, you should hear all of the negativity from the media/fans surrounding this team. People have completely given up on the season. I think a lot of us are just heard enough of the negative, and are trying to look at AT LEAST SOMETHING that COULD be positive.

I dont think its fantasy bullshit with Tillman. That is based on his physical availability at corner. I know Jambs on the line are kinda missing in chicago, but stop and go and change direction at corner instead of run one direction at safety. That is better for his physical shape right now. They know he is hurt at corner so they are calling sets with him passing off the receiver to the safety. If Tillman is back there already he will do more good in the passing game, be freeer to punch the ball in the running game. They turned Wooten to the three technique tackle in between a week. They can move in a bye week.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its fantasy bullshit with Tillman. That is based on his physical availability at corner. I know Jambs on the line are kinda missing in chicago, but stop and go and change direction at corner instead of run one direction at safety. That is better for his physical shape right now. They know he is hurt at corner so they are calling sets with him passing off the receiver to the safety. If Tillman is back there already he will do more good in the passing game, be freeer to punch the ball in the running game. They turned Wooten to the three technique tackle in between a week. They can move in a bye week.

That's such a huge difference in transition. I can't even begin where to start telling you...

It's unrealistic, and it's not going to happen. Let's just leave it at that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who left the fucking door open?

Lettin' flies in....

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Tillman at safety, just creates a hole at CB.

It's not a smart idea.

Safety play is more important in the cover 2 than CB play. What's not smart about it.
As stated earlier Bowman should fill in fine @ CB, provided he gets good safety help.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety play is more important in the cover 2 than CB play. What's not smart about it.
As stated earlier Bowman should fill in fine @ CB, provided he gets good safety help.

He has zero experience playing safety. He's never played safety, and he certainly is not switching in the middle of the season.

It's not smart... just forget about it. Spend more time worrying about the pass rush, as that is the real problem.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has zero experience playing safety. He's never played safety, and he certainly is not switching in the middle of the season.

It's not smart... just forget about it. Spend more time worrying about the pass rush, as that is the real problem.

Agreed. As good of a corner as he is, it sure doesnt mean he is interchangeable to safety- a position that he has zero experience with. Apples to oranges...

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Addressed the pass rush problem w/ the Seymour signing. I know he's not considered a pass rusher, but he would command blocking help, that would permit others to do a more effective job.

You keep saying the Tillman move is not smart. What makes you the all knowing. The only way we'd know if it was smart or not, is if they made the move, period.
The original topic, is things I'd do to fix the D. Not what I expect them to do.

I was looking to rid our D of Conte, who is our weakest link right now ( besides the pathetic pass rush). And right now, Tillman could fill the bill, in my eyes.
This could be debated for ever.
But I think Tillman is our best play making DB, and would thrive @ safety. Again JMO.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addressed the pass rush problem w/ the Seymour signing. I know he's not considered a pass rusher, but he would command blocking help, that would permit others to do a more effective job.

You keep saying the Tillman move is not smart. What makes you the all knowing. The only way we'd know if it was smart or not, is if they made the move, period.
The original topic, is things I'd do to fix the D. Not what I expect them to do.

I was looking to rid our D of Conte, who is our weakest link right now ( besides the pathetic pass rush). And right now, Tillman could fill the bill, in my eyes.
This could be debated for ever.
But I think Tillman is our best play making DB, and would thrive @ safety. Again JMO.

It's not smart because it's unrealistic, and Tillman has no experience at safety. You act like it's the same position. It isn't.

The Seymour signing supposedly fixes the pass rush? Lol... okay. A 34 year old DE is going to solve this pass rush?

It doesn't matter who plays safety, they won't do anything but fail with the way the pass rush is currently. Wright and Conte are mediocre safeties, who all of the sudden look GOD AWFUL. It's not a coincidence. Nobody would be a good safety on this team.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not smart because it's unrealistic, and Tillman has no experience at safety. You act like it's the same position. It isn't.

The Seymour signing supposedly fixes the pass rush? Lol... okay. A 34 year old DE is going to solve this pass rush?

It doesn't matter who plays safety, they won't do anything but fail with the way the pass rush is currently. Wright and Conte are mediocre safeties, who all of the sudden look GOD AWFUL. It's not a coincidence. Nobody would be a good safety on this team.

Richard Seymour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He was a DT , LOL. And yeah, I think he would help the pass rush.

Conte has looked god awful to me for the past 2 yrs.
There's about 10 safeties that would look good on this team.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cubzzzfanincali

Two things to remember...one, Seymour is a DT, and he's a good interior run defender, which is where this defense's problems actually start. I think he would actually make a significant difference. Of course as it stands, we don't have the $$ he wants, and you have to wonder about his conditioning.

Two, as for this Tillman switch....if he gets moved, he would be moved to strong safety, not free. The two famous safeties that pulled off the switch (Lott and Woodson...both mostly played strong safety, not free) were both shorter, bigger guys, with better open field skills than Tillman. Tillman's strength is his up close physicality, which would be wasted at safety, particularly at free safety. So even for those of you who hate Conte (doesn't include me, dead horse already flogged to death), Tillman wouldn't be moved there anyway. For those of us who think Major Wright is a worse safety than Conte (that includes probably me and no one else), yeah maybe you can move Tillman there, but the possible upgrade is probably lower in return than the downgrade you get at corner, which is a more precious skillset.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Seymour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He was a DT , LOL. And yeah, I think he would help the pass rush.

Conte has looked god awful to me for the past 2 yrs.
There's about 10 safeties that would look good on this team.

HELP the pass rush? Maybe. Solve? Hell no.

Conte has looked mediocre, and then bad this year. There's a handful of safeties who would look okay to decent, but ALL would see their performance take a hit.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things to remember...one, Seymour is a DT, and he's a good interior run defender, which is where this defense's problems actually start. I think he would actually make a significant difference. Of course as it stands, we don't have the $$ he wants, and you have to wonder about his conditioning.

Two, as for this Tillman switch....if he gets moved, he would be moved to strong safety, not free. The two famous safeties that pulled off the switch (Lott and Woodson...both mostly played strong safety, not free) were both shorter, bigger guys, with better open field skills than Tillman. Tillman's strength is his up close physicality, which would be wasted at safety, particularly at free safety. So even for those of you who hate Conte (doesn't include me, dead horse already flogged to death), Tillman wouldn't be moved there anyway. For those of us who think Major Wright is a worse safety than Conte (that includes probably me and no one else), yeah maybe you can move Tillman there, but the possible upgrade is probably lower in return than the downgrade you get at corner, which is a more precious skillset.

Seymour was asking 5mil per yr. 1/2 half of that the Bears can afford the remaining half of the current season. Agree w/ the conditioning point , but think he would help this team eventually make a playoff push.

As for Tillman. Just think he's our biggest play maker as far as DBs go. Why not play him @ free . He still has speed , and could probably decipher a play better than any one we can currently put back there. Our CB play depends on good safety play . We haven't been getting good safety play to date.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Physicality at corner is fine if you are using the guy to bump the receivers with a jam. Our guys line up 7 yards away when there is 8 yards to go for a first down. You want to play the game to the players skillsets, then you realize that injuries to your precious cornerback are limiting his game and cannot do what he did his entire career anymore.

I wanted Tillman moved two years ago, then the bently driving cb's that should have been selected after week one decided not to play cornerback any more. Injuries, deep pockets, all of the sudden we have two pro bowl cornerbacks. Last I heard, pro bowl cornerbacks should be able to cover a receiver all by themselves.

Tillman is gonna play hurt the rest of his career. You will extend his career moving him to safety and that is the biggest hole in this defense.

I am still excited for this week. they say Bostic and Greene are almost inseparable on and off the practice field. They are gonna have great chemistry and watch each others backs on game day. I say this linebacker trio finds their game this week. I dont know why they moved the play calls to Anderson instead of leaving it with bostic, but if the DT's can at least keep the guards and tackles from blocking these linebackers, they should be able to slow down octobers nfl leading rusher Lacy. Big physical runner takes big hits. I guess we see him run all over us if Mel plays nickel all game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a pass rush, none of this matters. I think Tillman could be a very good SS, but without a rush even he would fail. I'm not a Conti fan but I don't blame him.