• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MVP is Durant's to lose...

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another ho-hum effort for KD tonight: 32 / 10 / 12 / 4 / 4 / 67% from the field, 75% from long-range... leading his 12-3 Thunder to another victory (over a tough Minnesota team) all while his #2 man is shooting 39% and averaging 4 TO's and 5 AST on the year (lol).

Durant is clearly the MVP of the league... and he's proving it more and more with each game played.

Discuss

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron may have something to say. But Durant's definitely starting to hit his prime and has looked freaking awesome so far this season.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he averages 32-10-12 on 21 shots he will win the MVP.

Even with that great performance all of his FG% have taken a dip this year. His assists and rebounds are at career highs but not significant increases.

I do not think the voters reward Durant for last year's campaign if his numbers do not improve to at least what they were last year.

Ultimately LBJ got better, so with LBJ getting better and Durant slipping I think you are just trolling (your past posts suggest this strongly). And if you watch a Heat game you see that LBJ does a lot lot to get that O going with out tallying a stat. Especially when he goes to the post. And LBJ is still better on D.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Paul George keeps playing like he is (and stops making stupid passes) he will be a worthy candidate. No, I don't expect him to win. Just saying he may be worthy.

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP has been saying the same thing the past few years.

Poor old fella.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another ho-hum effort for KD tonight: 32 / 10 / 12 / 4 / 4 / 67% from the field, 75% from long-range... leading his 12-3 Thunder to another victory (over a tough Minnesota team) all while his #2 man is shooting 39% and averaging 4 TO's and 5 AST on the year (lol).

Durant is clearly the MVP of the league... and he's proving it more and more with each game played.

Discuss

Be careful, if Durant gets too good then you might have to turn against him too like you did Lebron...lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is to Lebron as Malone/Stockton were to MJ.

They were overshadowing by his greatness.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it at the beginning of the year, Durant will be MVP this year. Durant so far has been the best. Plus I think there is Lebron fatigue out there. Sort of like the years Barkley or Malone won. It's hard to get voter's to give anyone 3 MVPs in a row. Durant will probably win it by a pretty good margin. Plus his talent is to big not to have an MVP (or a few) on that career resume.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it at the beginning of the year, Durant will be MVP this year. Durant so far has been the best. Plus I think there is Lebron fatigue out there. Sort of like the years Barkley or Malone won. It's hard to get voter's to give anyone 3 MVPs in a row. Durant will probably win it by a pretty good margin. Plus his talent is to big not to have an MVP (or a few) on that career resume.

You are trolling right? This is for OP:

Voter fatigue is the only thing that Durant has going for himself this year. He has not had a better year than LBJ, not even close in the stats and not even close in the things they don't track. LBJ affects the entire game even when it is not tracked statistically.

There is a reason Miami is so much more efficient on offense and their D is .4pp/100 worse despite them not playing D the first 2 weeks. Their point differential is 4.2 points better.

The telling stats: PER, FG% and shots per game compared to PPG.

Then watch a game and see how the entire D gravitates to LBJ to start the hockey assisting.

We will call all of that minor compared to this next tid bit which is considerably more important, LBJ has improved his stats since last year and Durant's have gone down. Nobody is going to vote for Durant in that situation.

Player comparison this year

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't say that quite yet. Paul George is definitely in the discussion. My guess is LeBron wins again being the more complete player. James literally flirts with triple doubles every night. Durant does not.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as of now the only person that is touching LeBron is Paul and unfortunately for Paul his team isn't that good. 19, 12, 5 with a 4+/1 A/T and 2+ spg. incredible how an increase of pace does wonders for Paul and with that it doesn't seem to make him less efficient at the same time.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CP3 and LBJ are the front runners this year, I do not see anybody else competing for it this year, maybe Durant. Then the next crop of superstars is there. They are some youngins.

Top MVP candidates now and Future

ObamaForeverLOL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are trolling right? This is for OP:

Voter fatigue is the only thing that Durant has going for himself this year. He has not had a better year than LBJ, not even close in the stats and not even close in the things they don't track. LBJ affects the entire game even when it is not tracked statistically.

There is a reason Miami is so much more efficient on offense and their D is .4pp/100 worse despite them not playing D the first 2 weeks. Their point differential is 4.2 points better.

The telling stats: PER, FG% and shots per game compared to PPG.

Then watch a game and see how the entire D gravitates to LBJ to start the hockey assisting.

We will call all of that minor compared to this next tid bit which is considerably more important, LBJ has improved his stats since last year and Durant's have gone down. Nobody is going to vote for Durant in that situation.

Player comparison this year

I didn't realize Durant's fga is the lowest since his rookie year.

If James and the Heat continues to play at the pace he and they have established and there's no reason he and they shouldn't except for James shooting a more realistic three point shooting average he should win his fourth MVP rather easily. I see his three point shooting average drop to around .410 or so and his rpg and apg get to around 7 or so.

And if Wade continues to play at the pace he established and remains relatively healthy the Heat remain clear favorites to repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Durant's fga is the lowest since his rookie year.

If James and the Heat continues to play at the pace he and they hasve established and there's no reason he and they shouldn't except for James shooting a more realistic three point shooting average he should win his fourth MVP rather easily.

And if Wade continues to play at the pace he established and remains relatively healthy the Heat remain clear favorites to repeat.

Indiana will be a tough out regardless and a potential series loss due to Miami's strengths and weaknesses. Miami is still one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA who makes it up by being a very efficient scoring team. That plays into the Indiana's hands.

ObamaForeverLOL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana will be a tough out regardless and a potential series loss due to Miami's strengths and weaknesses. Miami is still one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA who makes it up by being a very efficient scoring team. That plays into the Indiana's hands.

Hibbert played out of his mind in that series. Some of it was because of the Heat's flaws which you mentioned and some of it is because he just played over his head or at least that's what his regular and post season stats indicated.

Wade was dealing with knee issues that post season and while the end result was good he put up some stinkers along the way. If he's healthy that's a huge advantage for the Heat.

And there's a small chance they get something out of Oden. If they do it's a huge advantage especially against a lummox like Hibbert.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hibbert played out of his mind in that series. Some of it was because of the Heat's flaws which you mentioned and some of it is because he just played over his head or at least that's what his regular and post season stats indicated.

Wade was dealing with knee issues that post season and while the end result was good he put up some stinkers along the way. If he's healthy that's a huge advantage for the Heat.

And there's a small chance they get something out of Oden. If they do it's a huge advantage especially against a lummox like Hibbert.

If there is a small chance the Heat get something out of Oden, then there is a big chance that the Pacers get something out of Granger (or whatever they get for him).

Wade being healthy is huge but I still believe Indiana has made huge progress to possibly offset that. George's improvement the addition of Scola. The teams ability to shoot has increased significantly in every area this season. Besides the Heat are hoping Wade can be consistently great when it matters, that hasn't been the case since the Mavs finals. I wouldn't bet against the Heat because LeBron is the best player I've seen but the Pacers are a team more built to win and have the ingredients.

I don't know who the highest paid NBA executive is but Larry Bird should be paid like it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Durant, too. Maybe George and Paul could sneak into it. Lebron is past his prime.