• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Sign Corey Hart!!

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Sunglasses at night jokes yet. Much appreciated, don't give in if your tempted, we don't want to read it.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Corey Hart signing he is a fantastic pick up for the Mariners. The one year deal makes it even better, because there is a lot of risk involved with a player coming off injuries and an entire year off. We needed a RH hitter. I hope he can stay healthy.

Logan Morrison is a little bit of a ? for me. I honestly view Hart and Morrison as firstbasemen that you can put in left if you had to and Smoak is better defensively than either of them at first. The last time either of them played in the outfield was 2012. So at this point I still think we need to add an outfielder because we really haven't added any yet.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Corey Hart signing he is a fantastic pick up for the Mariners. The one year deal makes it even better, because there is a lot of risk involved with a player coming off injuries and an entire year off. We needed a RH hitter. I hope he can stay healthy.

Logan Morrison is a little bit of a ? for me. I honestly view Hart and Morrison as firstbasemen that you can put in left if you had to and Smoak is better defensively than either of them at first. The last time either of them played in the outfield was 2012. So at this point I still think we need to add an outfielder because we really haven't added any yet.

Corey should strictly be our DH with a few games here and there at 1B he shouldn't be in the OF. I heard LoMo isn't the best defender out there in LF but if we can run Ibanez/Bay garbage out there then why not. I think Smoak/Morrison could platoon at first, why not?

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey should strictly be our DH with a few games here and there at 1B he shouldn't be in the OF. I heard LoMo isn't the best defender out there in LF but if we can run Ibanez/Bay garbage out there then why not. I think Smoak/Morrison could platoon at first, why not?

Neither one should go anywhere near the outfield. I think they should platoon 1B/DH and the M's should trade Smoak.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll tell you why not to run Ibanez/Bay garbage out there, because it was garbage!!! Isn't the point to improve not make lateral player moves. If you are fine with the shitty defense why don't we just run Ibanez back out there again?

There is no benefit or point to platooning Smoak and Morrison. I view Morrison and Smoak as very similar players. If you are going to trade Smoak and have Morrison get the majority of playing time at first then Im cool with it even though it isn't really an upgrade over Smoak at this point, it could turn into one if Morrison shows improvements offensively.

I don't dislike Morrison as a player. I like him the exact same as Smoak. I want him to be a good hitter for the Mariners and I realize there is upside or potential. That said I do not see the point in bringing in Morrison unless there are more moves in the future. This trade does not fill a hole in the outfield!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack says Hart to OF, Logan and Smoak to DH/1B. That will have teams shaking in their cleats.

Like the Hart signing a lot. No risk on 1 year deal. Can always deal him at deadline if need be.

Morrison is another no risk. Capps is a dime a dozen reliever while Morrison was once a top prospect only a few years back.

Smoak, well I have seen enough of him. I think that is Jack just being stubborn because he was the big get in the Lee deal. He is below average and should not be a starter on a team that supposedly wants to contend. <aybe we can package Smoak in a deal for Lee? :laugh3:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither one should go anywhere near the outfield.

There is no way they bring both these guys unless they have confidence one of them can play a lot of outfield. Its obvious we have no outfielders so one of these guys will play a lot of outfield.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Stefen Romero tears it up in spring training and makes the team.

Yeah, I was thinking about him yesterday. Though I was wondering how likely it would be to move him to left field, as he seems to be able to play just about anywhere.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was thinking about him yesterday. Though I was wondering how likely it would be to move him to left field, as he seems to be able to play just about anywhere.

I would think very likely. He played almost exclusively in LF last season for Tacoma. I am a huge fan of Romero I thnk he has a ton of value/potential for the Mariners. He can play LF, 3B, 2B and RF if you needed him to. Plus he has been able to hit fairly well during his minor league career. I am pulling for him to make the team!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think very likely. He played almost exclusively in LF last season for Tacoma. I am a huge fan of Romero I thnk he has a ton of value/potential for the Mariners. He can play LF, 3B, 2B and RF if you needed him to. Plus he has been able to hit fairly well during his minor league career. I am pulling for him to make the team!

Me too.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love watching Romero in spring training. I just hope he can take it to the next level....while still with the M's.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romero,,,,would be nice...but anyone else not real hopeful? I mean the Mariners NEVER produce hitters through their system anymore.

Out of all the highly touted, highly drafted guys....... Seager is serviceable MLB player. Before him.....?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romero,,,,would be nice...but anyone else not real hopeful? I mean the Mariners NEVER produce hitters through their system anymore.

Out of all the highly touted, highly drafted guys....... Seager is serviceable MLB player. Before him.....?
Choo, Asdrubal Cabrera though he's fallen off a bit... We just don't give some guys enough time to figure it out with us.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Sunglasses at night jokes yet. Much appreciated, don't give in if your tempted, we don't want to read it.

I was literally about to do it but was scanning through to see if anyone else had.... Damnit!!!! Now I wont. Youre welcome.