• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ SD: May 21st - 23rd

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for it to be Portland but I'd be surprised if it isnt Vegas
You're probably right about Vegas, but I bet Portland would do its' darndest to get the oakies there and would probably offer all kinds of incentives to get an MLB team. They'd love to compete with Seattle any way they can. Truth be told, it wouldn't take much to compete with the M's. :heh:

srf1957

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team is going to come to Portland . It is a screwed up mess . There was a report on the news the other day. About finding away to get business people they want to invest from the airport to downtown . Without seeing. 5000 homeless people camping on the street .

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bra-fucking-vo! That's what needed to be said all along!

Too bad these articles fall on deaf ears, if they catch any attention from the organization at all.

It should certainly be a good and proper wake-up call to everyone else!
I love Ryan Divish because he calls it how it is. It's a shame the Mariners have such great media coverage at the Seattle Times while offering such a garbage product. You can say the opposite about the Seahawks coverage from the Times IMO. I always read the post-game coverage of the Seahawks and feel like the writers there try to polish a turd whenever the Seahawks play a shit game.

The Mariners must not really care what the beat writers have to say about the team because Divish has called out the organization's BS for years.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting this. I’m out of free articles and too cheap to pay
I don't have a subscription to the Seattle Times but found a way to get past the pay block a while back.

I had my vaccination yesterday and I'm experiencing just about all of the worst side effects so I'm mentally like 50% but this is how I think I did it:

Idk if I have the most updated version of Chrome but I think what I did was if you go to settings in Google Chrome, go to "privacy and security," then scroll down to "sites that never use cookies," then click add then put www.seattletimes.com. I have that and seattletimes.com. That should do the trick and on your computer you won't have any issues getting past the pay block.

If that doesn't make sense or doesn't work shoot me a message and once I'm 100% I'll help you figure it out. That goes for anyone reading this.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team is going to come to Portland . It is a screwed up mess . There was a report on the news the other day. About finding away to get business people they want to invest from the airport to downtown . Without seeing. 5000 homeless people camping on the street .
I actually think Portland would be a pretty solid market for an MLB team.

But to it being a screwed up mess, I can't disagree with you. My buddy who lives in Portland came and visited me in Seattle last summer right after the summer of love was winding down and was talking about how much nicer it is in Seattle than Portland and this was still when downtown was completely boarded up and there was graffiti everywhere. Coworker of mine went down to Portland last weekend and said everything is still all boarded up and it just looks like a mess.

I don't know how I feel about Vegas having a team. Maybe it's just the fact that my covid vaccine side effects have reduced my IQ to that of someone with severe CTE, but I can't articulate why it just doesn't feel right.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right about Vegas, but I bet Portland would do its' darndest to get the oakies there and would probably offer all kinds of incentives to get an MLB team. They'd love to compete with Seattle any way they can. Truth be told, it wouldn't take much to compete with the M's. :heh:
As much as I feel like Portland is a better market for an MLB team than Vegas, I feel like Portland wouldn't give the same subsidies to stadium construction as Vegas would.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I feel like Portland is a better market for an MLB team than Vegas, I feel like Portland wouldn't give the same subsidies to stadium construction as Vegas would.
But but but Portland has Russell Wilson...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right about the subsidy issues, but I wouldn't put it past Portland to use some of (or most of) Biden's free money for Dem cities to build an "over the top" stadium to get an MLB team. They've got the blazers so why not get an MLB team? Downtown Portland is a first class sh*t hole and the mayor is a class act. :trash: :pound:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you needed another reason to get annoyed at this franchise because there's not enough, I doubt the Mariners would think to highly of a team coming to Portland. Whether that would matter or not, no idea. But zero chance they would be thrilled about it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you needed another reason to get annoyed at this franchise because there's not enough, I doubt the Mariners would think to highly of a team coming to Portland. Whether that would matter or not, no idea. But zero chance they would be thrilled about it.
No, I thought I remembered them putting some negative comments out there a couple years back when all this came up. But if Seattle's chosen one, Russell Wilson,is involved then that should make them happy...