• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ SD: May 21st - 23rd

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, front office! NOW do you see? NOW do you understand why changes need to be made? Servais and his entire coaching staff will continue to keep your own team from succeeding as long as you continue to support him!

Perhaps this was The Plan all along. Maybe I wasn't too far off when I was wondering if another city was looking to claim an existing franchise, and not just the possibility of the A's going to Vegas. Why else would we start tanking before May even ends, in ways no one who keeps track of stats could possibly imagine?

Had this been any other team, the manager would be fired before his third season was done, but this is Servais' SIXTH season. It just shows the boner the higher-ups have for failure. And they're getting just that...tenfold! They are content with the whole team just packing it up and quitting before May even ends. And don't give me that BS about a "transitional season;" they've been in transition since being forced to fire Bill Bavasi, and that was THIRTEEN YEARS AGO.

And that's why the Mariners will never amount to anything anymore. They are quite content with being the Meme of the Majors. But all memes die, and they're just begging to be put out of their misery at this rate.

I hope they never fill another seat in the stadium until the people in the offices prove me wrong...which won't be likely.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... can we fire Servais now please? This young team is an unmotivated pack of peanuts.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the Padres. Another struggling team we'll be more than happy to help.

Maybe we can give them a no-hitter win while we're at it as well.

Padres are far from struggling .... they are riding a 7 game win streak and lead one of the toughest divisions in all of MLB ( the NL west ) 3 teams at or above .600 win %

Mariners team batting avg of .197 - sadly we may not have bottomed out yet :eek:

Years ago when Dave Valle struggled to hit over the Mendoza line and routinely had a batting avg of .185 etc. many local pubs and taverns jokingly had beer / pounder discounts to match his pathetic batting average ( $1.85 domestic drafts ) I think Mid 90s for you youngin's.

Luckily for the 2021 M's inflation has kept them from repeating an embarrassing local mockery / skit.

Referencing my post earlier this thread of SEA vs SD run prediction. I underestimated how pathetic we truly are. TEX and LAA fans are resting peacefully knowing that the M's are no doubt going to reclaim their rightful place in the cellar of the AL west.

How long before fans start wearing paper bags over their heads at the games ? Remember the New Orleans Aints ?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners continue with their belief to build via waiver claims only.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres are far from struggling .... they are riding a 7 game win streak and lead one of the toughest divisions in all of MLB ( the NL west ) 3 teams at or above .600 win %

Mariners team batting avg of .197 - sadly we may not have bottomed out yet :eek:

Years ago when Dave Valle struggled to hit over the Mendoza line and routinely had a batting avg of .185 etc. many local pubs and taverns jokingly had beer / pounder discounts to match his pathetic batting average ( $1.85 domestic drafts ) I think Mid 90s for you youngin's.

Luckily for the 2021 M's inflation has kept them from repeating an embarrassing local mockery / skit.

Referencing my post earlier this thread of SEA vs SD run prediction. I underestimated how pathetic we truly are. TEX and LAA fans are resting peacefully knowing that the M's are no doubt going to reclaim their rightful place in the cellar of the AL west.

How long before fans start wearing paper bags over their heads at the games ? Remember the New Orleans Aints ?
You actually just gave me a great idea.

I should seriously consider purchasing tickets behind the plate and wearing a bag over my head. I can just tell the staff that the bag is my mask and that's the only face covering I have.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to get back to work, but if anyone is able to find me a link to purchase tickets right behind the plate within camera view during the next homestand, I will purchase them and wear a bag over my head as long as possible. I don't care about the cost as long as it's not more than a grand.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually just gave me a great idea.

I should seriously consider purchasing tickets behind the plate and wearing a bag over my head. I can just tell the staff that the bag is my mask and that's the only face covering I have.

I think it was around 10yrs ago during one of the Mariners typical 25 games behind the division leader and a Sept mid week game.
Maybe 10K attendance.
I was sitting right behind the visitor dugout in sec 138 row 6 seat #1 ( row 10 on the ticket ) - at the game with my then gf and we always brought a blanket for her for the late fall games as she was cold blooded.

Fast forward to the 7th inning or so and the Ms are getting their ass handed to them and typical few errors.

swear this is true ... I sat in my seat for the last 2 complete innings with the blanket over my head, completely blinded - could not see shit. Everyone all around thought it was so funny. No ushers ever asked me what was up or anything.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... can we fire Servais now please? This young team is an unmotivated pack of peanuts.

I think you're selling peanuts a little short....

They generally entertain me more than the Ms even in their unmotivated form (plain)... when motivated and wrapped in chocolate goodness or a well coated seasoning.... :D

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear this team is snake bit. Hanniger gets picked off on first base then Lewis gets a single and Seager gets a ground rule 2 bagger with 2 outs in the first and Nottingham K's out. Go figure.... :L

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to get a little "seasick" watching Kelenic at the plate. All that rocking back and forth kinda feels like I'm on a raft on the ocean. :pound: The dude's got that rock and roll down pat.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal with Ryan Rowland-Smith?? I don't recall he was much of a pitcher but he sure gives the details when he critiques today's pitchers on the mound. Not a hole lotta cred IMO

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ever hapless M's doing their thing.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really too much to ask for the M's to call up their top prospect and have him hit .370 out of the gate instead of .147? I mean obviously it is but damn can't anything ever go right for this team?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't anything ever go right for this team?

No GIF

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing they have the 3rd ranked farm system in the league, up from 30th. Just be patient they say. Everything is not only going according to plan, but they may be years ahead of schedule.

All these things, yet I keep seeing the same lazy management of the big team. The same lack of development, poor bullpen usage, and no plans on how to get out of any type of funk. There's no emotion at all. It's like losing is entirely ok, or at worst you get the typical platitude of "Well it starts with us, but ultimately it's up to the players."

I'm not sure you could bring up the top 20 prospects in the sport all on this team and break .500. This is where prospects go to die.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to get a little "seasick" watching Kelenic at the plate. All that rocking back and forth kinda feels like I'm on a raft on the ocean. :pound: The dude's got that rock and roll down pat.
I always wonder how far can the Mariners push me to get me to really give up. Kelenic not hitting might be one of those things

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really too much to ask for the M's to call up their top prospect and have him hit .370 out of the gate instead of .147? I mean obviously it is but damn can't anything ever go right for this team?
Yeah this is what I brought up the other day. It happens other places so but never here. Lewis started well yea but it just doesn’t happen here