• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ SD: May 21st - 23rd

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send all these scrubs back to the minors. If you are supposed to be a superstar prospect you don't watch three straight strikes go across the plate without swinging. Effing garbage.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send them down then broadcast Rainer games instead of this garbage. We know they can hit in aaa.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I counted 62 "um"'s and "uh"'s from Servais in his post game tonight. I started noticing it a few post games back and thought tonight I'm gonna count them. Since I started noticing it, it sounds really strange. If any of you watch any post games with Scotty, you'll see what I'm talking about. The guy has trouble making complete, coherent sentences.....kind of like Biden. :suds:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has Kelenic apologized yet for all his comments about deserving to be in the big leagues but M's just holding him back for service time? I have no problem with a guy being cocky because you can only be cocky if you are producing. If you aren't producing, then you are just full of shit.

I never expected much from him or Gilbert because I don't expect much from any prospect coming into a bad team with little minor league experience especially the first time up. We got lucky with Alvin Davis, but that was decades ago.

Oh well, I am getting exactly what I expected after an offseason of excuses. Again, Mariners think they can build a roster via waiver claims...SMH!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has Kelenic apologized yet for all his comments about deserving to be in the big leagues but M's just holding him back for service time? I have no problem with a guy being cocky because you can only be cocky if you are producing. If you aren't producing, then you are just full of shit.

I never expected much from him or Gilbert because I don't expect much from any prospect coming into a bad team with little minor league experience especially the first time up. We got lucky with Alvin Davis, but that was decades ago.

Oh well, I am getting exactly what I expected after an offseason of excuses. Again, Mariners think they can build a roster via waiver claims...SMH!
Which is why I learned not to believe any kind of hype, especially when it's involving someone that signs on with these guys. Just another bit of that trademark False Hope that they are famous for providing.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ChangeMindMariners.png

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I was half asleep about an hour ago watching Servais post game BS blabbering ... but I am nearly positive I heard him say:

" its a long season and we have a lot to learn about this team"

Whiskey Tangy Foxtrot OVER !!

No mention of 3 sloppy inexcusable errors ? Or the countless other problems why they are losing 75% of their games the past few weeks.

I guess on the bright side ( insert sarcasm ) the Ms team batting avg rose .001 to a still MLB worse .198 :clap:

Very likely this will be the 1st season since 1989 I do not attend 1 single game in person

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I'm concerned about today's game...

SHGetSwept.png

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I was half asleep about an hour ago watching Servais post game BS blabbering ... but I am nearly positive I heard him say:

" its a long season and we have a lot to learn about this team"

Whiskey Tangy Foxtrot OVER !!

No mention of 3 sloppy inexcusable errors ? Or the countless other problems why they are losing 75% of their games the past few weeks.

I guess on the bright side ( insert sarcasm ) the Ms team batting avg rose .001 to a still MLB worse .198 :clap:

Very likely this will be the 1st season since 1989 I do not attend 1 single game in person
I know we've often talked boycotting until we got better results from the front office...

We may have to do that for real this year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love Ryan Divish. Was reading his Mariners mailbag and this really stood out to me about ownership responsibility to improve the team:

These would all be legitimate reasons for Mariners ownership to make significant investments in the 2022 team.

But how about this reason:

Professional responsibility.

For the past three seasons, the Mariners have asked fans and corporate sponsors to accept a rebuilding plan that, while necessary and logical, has also cultivated an on-field product that was substandard by every measure.

Mariners chairman John Stanton and general manager Jerry Dipoto asked for patience, admitting that they weren’t putting a team on the field that was going to stop a postseason drought that dates back to 2001. They continually highlighted a plan for future success featuring talented young prospects and future spending to supplement that core group of talent in an effort to draw attention from an MLB team that has been abhorrent to watch.

And during that time, the Mariners continued to let average ticket and concession prices rise on basic yearly inflation while knowingly offering an inferior product than past seasons. They asked people to pay MLB-level prices to often watch retreads, castoffs, waiver claims, never-will-be’s with a few young players and one or two established veterans sprinkled in.

That fans still continue to pay for these prices speaks to their true love of live baseball and loyalty to an organization that hasn’t often reciprocated the event aspect of a game at T-Mobile Park, particularly on warm summer evenings, and the renewed desire to see live sporting events of any sort after a 2020 season without fans.

I’ve said often that this franchise has been doomed by a fear to commit. The Mariners refused to truly commit to a rebuilding process in past years when it was obvious that the MLB roster needed a reset and the farm system was thin in talent. (Remember a losing season and bad teams don’t always equate to rebuilding.) They’ve also refused to commit to doing what it takes to win in terms of acquiring free agents or in midseason trades out of fear of payroll.

Spending the most money on payroll doesn’t guarantee success. Plenty of teams, including the Mariners, have committed to large payrolls and failed to win. But past failures shouldn’t be an impediment to future decisions.

Yes, the A’s and Rays have managed to have consistent success with some of the lowest payrolls in baseball. They’ve done so out of necessity. They would happily operate with a higher budget.

Instead, the Mariners have been wishy-washy. After giving $240 million to Robinson Cano in 2014 and $58 million to Nelson Cruz the next offseason, they decided they had done enough and refused to add legitimate finishing pieces to rosters that were playoff viable largely out of payroll concerns.

How is it justifiable to get close enough to the known goal and not do everything it takes to reach it? Reasons be damned.

To quote William “Bill the Butcher” Cutting from “Gangs of New York”: “I know your works. You are neither cold nor hot. So because you are lukewarm I will spew you out of my mouth. You can build your filthy world without me.”

The Mariners have been lukewarm when it comes to doing what it takes to win in the context of one season or over the span of multiple seasons.

The “step-back” rebuild represented a slight change from that irresolute thinking. But now, three years into it, regardless of the challenges presented by the COVID pandemic, the Mariners can’t become spineless or cautious.

It isn’t about what ownership needs to see this season that should provide the impetus to invest in the team this offseason. It’s what they’ve already seen the past few seasons — a substandard product on the field — and what they’ve seen every October for the past 19 seasons — an MLB postseason without them.

They don’t need to invest because it’s something they have to do. They need to invest in making the team better because that’s what they are supposed to do.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love Ryan Divish. Was reading his Mariners mailbag and this really stood out to me about ownership responsibility to improve the team:

These would all be legitimate reasons for Mariners ownership to make significant investments in the 2022 team.

But how about this reason:

Professional responsibility.

For the past three seasons, the Mariners have asked fans and corporate sponsors to accept a rebuilding plan that, while necessary and logical, has also cultivated an on-field product that was substandard by every measure.

Mariners chairman John Stanton and general manager Jerry Dipoto asked for patience, admitting that they weren’t putting a team on the field that was going to stop a postseason drought that dates back to 2001. They continually highlighted a plan for future success featuring talented young prospects and future spending to supplement that core group of talent in an effort to draw attention from an MLB team that has been abhorrent to watch.

And during that time, the Mariners continued to let average ticket and concession prices rise on basic yearly inflation while knowingly offering an inferior product than past seasons. They asked people to pay MLB-level prices to often watch retreads, castoffs, waiver claims, never-will-be’s with a few young players and one or two established veterans sprinkled in.

That fans still continue to pay for these prices speaks to their true love of live baseball and loyalty to an organization that hasn’t often reciprocated the event aspect of a game at T-Mobile Park, particularly on warm summer evenings, and the renewed desire to see live sporting events of any sort after a 2020 season without fans.

I’ve said often that this franchise has been doomed by a fear to commit. The Mariners refused to truly commit to a rebuilding process in past years when it was obvious that the MLB roster needed a reset and the farm system was thin in talent. (Remember a losing season and bad teams don’t always equate to rebuilding.) They’ve also refused to commit to doing what it takes to win in terms of acquiring free agents or in midseason trades out of fear of payroll.

Spending the most money on payroll doesn’t guarantee success. Plenty of teams, including the Mariners, have committed to large payrolls and failed to win. But past failures shouldn’t be an impediment to future decisions.

Yes, the A’s and Rays have managed to have consistent success with some of the lowest payrolls in baseball. They’ve done so out of necessity. They would happily operate with a higher budget.

Instead, the Mariners have been wishy-washy. After giving $240 million to Robinson Cano in 2014 and $58 million to Nelson Cruz the next offseason, they decided they had done enough and refused to add legitimate finishing pieces to rosters that were playoff viable largely out of payroll concerns.

How is it justifiable to get close enough to the known goal and not do everything it takes to reach it? Reasons be damned.

To quote William “Bill the Butcher” Cutting from “Gangs of New York”: “I know your works. You are neither cold nor hot. So because you are lukewarm I will spew you out of my mouth. You can build your filthy world without me.”

The Mariners have been lukewarm when it comes to doing what it takes to win in the context of one season or over the span of multiple seasons.

The “step-back” rebuild represented a slight change from that irresolute thinking. But now, three years into it, regardless of the challenges presented by the COVID pandemic, the Mariners can’t become spineless or cautious.

It isn’t about what ownership needs to see this season that should provide the impetus to invest in the team this offseason. It’s what they’ve already seen the past few seasons — a substandard product on the field — and what they’ve seen every October for the past 19 seasons — an MLB postseason without them.

They don’t need to invest because it’s something they have to do. They need to invest in making the team better because that’s what they are supposed to do.

Bra-fucking-vo! That's what needed to be said all along!

Too bad these articles fall on deaf ears, if they catch any attention from the organization at all.

It should certainly be a good and proper wake-up call to everyone else!

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitchers are hitting the ball better than position players. :pound:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently our best hitters rarely get to hit...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton presented himself as a true lifelong lover of baseball and wanted the best for Seattle. After taking over as the major owner of the Mariners in 2016, here is what he had to say.......

"I care deeply and passionately about the game of baseball and about baseball fans in Seattle and the Northwest. Mariners fans have been so positive, so patient with the team, and we want to reward them with playoff and World Series baseball here at Safeco Field," Stanton said. "I want express my deepest appreciation to Howard Lincoln for his 17 years of leadership and a smooth transition in the last four months.

"The future of Mariners baseball is bright. The right management team is in place and focused on winning. It is an honor to lead this franchise, and I am ready to get started and excited for the challenges ahead."

Is this a crock of shit or what?? The dude talks like a politician. When is he gonna walk his talk?? The right magagement team? 5 years later things still suck just as bad, if not worse. He hired the Angels reject who brought his incompetent side kick and yes man Servais to do a rebuild? Crap begets crap is all I see.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 71 pitches is the limit for a guy who gave up only 1 run on 1 hit? I guess they want the #1 pick more than anyone else. Go Mariners!

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 71 pitches is the limit for a guy who gave up only 1 run on 1 hit? I guess they want the #1 pick more than anyone else. Go Mariners!
Yep, that is soooooo Servais. I am getting so tired of hearing my friends laughing about my continued support of this franchise. I don't even discuss the M's anymore because there's no way I can justify the entusiasm anymore. It's just so pathetic, year after year. Dipoto has Stanton disillustioned. They give him a contract extension with big buck, and he in turn, gives Servais an extension. Most of the coachinng staff are a incompetent and pathetic as Servais. I hold Stanton & co. responsible for Dipoto, and Dipoto is responsible for Servais as well as all the inept coaching staff. Anyone with the slightest knowledge of baseball can see what is going on here. Most fans have no idea the depth of how messed up ownership and management continues to be. All fans want is for a baseball team in Seattle that wins games and a baseball team that they can be proud of. Instead, they are manippulated, deceived, and end up with incompetence, bobbleheads, expensive seats and overcharged prices for food and beverages, a losing team, and all the empty promises things will get better, soon......year after year.

:thumb: I SURE MISS LOU AND THE WINNING TIMES :thumb:

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that is soooooo Servais. I am getting so tired of hearing my friends laughing about my continued support of this franchise. I don't even discuss the M's anymore because there's no way I can justify the entusiasm anymore. It's just so pathetic, year after year. Dipoto has Stanton disillustioned. They give him a contract extension with big buck, and he in turn, gives Servais an extension. Most of the coachinng staff are a incompetent and pathetic as Servais. I hold Stanton & co. responsible for Dipoto, and Dipoto is responsible for Servais as well as all the inept coaching staff. Anyone with the slightest knowledge of baseball can see what is going on here. Most fans have no idea the depth of how messed up ownership and management continues to be. All fans want is for a baseball team in Seattle that wins games and a baseball team that they can be proud of. Instead, they are manippulated, deceived, and end up with incompetence, bobbleheads, expensive seats and overcharged prices for food and beverages, a losing team, and all the empty promises things will get better, soon......year after year.

:thumb: I SURE MISS LOU AND THE WINNING TIMES :thumb:
Seems to me the extension given to Servais is the result of the "extensions" that Stanton and Dipoto get just for associating with him.

I'd say more about this, but that's probably gonna be a bit too TMI for the boards.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners are 9-19 ( 9 wins vs 19 losses ) over the past 30 days.

Win % of .321

Its going to be a long summer.

I calculated our run production in the 19 losses over the past 1 month of play ( approx 107 opponent to 35 or so us ) not exact as I tried to tally in my head not writing the runs down. We are getting flat out embarrassed in our losses.

Oakland is next ... if we win 1 and do not get swept it will be a miracle.

We have the 3rd worst run differential in all of MLB ( 30 teams ) and the worst team batting avg of all 30 teams.

Our pitching staff has surrendered the 3rd most runs in all of AL ( only BAL and LAA are worse )

Had it not been for a once again pretty good start to the season .... there is no way we are sitting on a 21-26 overall record ( win % .447 )

Absolutely pathetic

The Chicago White Sox went from really shitty to really REALLY good in half the time of our current 6yr rebuild with Dipoto and Servais