• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Home Stand: May 27th - June 2nd

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was out doing yard work but I was listening the whole time. That was a fun game

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me that we did not sign that turd to a two-year deal like I’m thinking
For the bargain price of twenty four million guaranteed. As i've said before he's never played a full season in his life and texas only paid him four million last year

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the bargain price of twenty four million guaranteed. As i've said before he's never played a full season in his life and texas only paid him four million last year
And Haniger for the low, low cost of $15.5M

So Garver $12.5M and Haniger $15.5M in 2025

Two Mitch's = $28M in 2025.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, this is stupid, but if you want to embed tweets instead of just getting a link it looks like you now have to remove x and replace it with twitter

x.com/luke_arkins/status/1797073729320796327

becomes

twitter.com/luke_arkins/status/1797073729320796327

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be more clear, make sure you are surfing twitter.com, not x.com and all links you click within it should stay saying twitter. Pretty sure I've had that for a long time and somehow recently got bumped over to x.com and didn't notice.

Keep your link to that site set to twitter and fix it when it bumps to x and link embedding here should be easy.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners PR

@MarinersPR
·
1h

The
@Mariners
are batting .308 with 14 doubles, 4 triples, 8 home runs, 186 RBI and an .863 OPS with the bases loaded since the start of the 2023 season. The .863 OPS ranks 5th-best in the Majors during that span.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be more clear, make sure you are surfing twitter.com, not x.com and all links you click within it should stay saying twitter. Pretty sure I've had that for a long time and somehow recently got bumped over to x.com and didn't notice.

Keep your link to that site set to twitter and fix it when it bumps to x and link embedding here should be easy.
Great info though I am not tech enough to understand it. They switched me to X months ago. No clue how to get to twitter nor did I know twitter was still out there.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great info though I am not tech enough to understand it. They switched me to X months ago. No clue how to get to twitter nor did I know twitter was still out there.

Don’t feel bad I didn’t understand it either

And I don’t even have X or Twitter and never did

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are just a different URL to reach the exact same content.
Switch to the browser you are looking at X on now, back out the X at the top of that page and type twitter and hit enter. You will notice the same page. Every link you click on will also say twitter.

What probably happened to me was I clicked on links posted here that were still x.com and instead of closing those when done, kept that open and closed the other tabs I had with twitter up. It remembers which one you are on.

Still confused?

Open a new browser tab and just type twitter.com and hit enter. Do your normal thing from there and try copying an URL to a tweet you want to post and paste it to a message here. It will auto embed. Nothing more to do.

1717352628273.png

Any time you look up and see x.com close it and again type twitter.com to go back to that header.

Or click this link to open it as twitter.
x.com

Basically, Elon fucked up the whole thing when he tried to rename it and basically just added redirect links on top of the existing twitter platform. Those links break embedded tweets.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are just a different URL to reach the exact same content.
Switch to the browser you are looking at X on now, back out the X at the top of that page and type twitter and hit enter. You will notice the same page. Every link you click on will also say twitter.

What probably happened to me was I clicked on links posted here that were still x.com and instead of closing those when done, kept that open and closed the other tabs I had with twitter up. It remembers which one you are on.

Still confused?

Open a new browser tab and just type twitter.com and hit enter. Do your normal thing from there and try copying an URL to a tweet you want to post and paste it to a message here. It will auto embed. Nothing more to do.

View attachment 363793

Any time you look up and see x.com close it and again type twitter.com to go back to that header.

Or click this link to open it as twitter.
x.com

Basically, Elon fucked up the whole thing when he tried to rename it and basically just added redirect links on top of the existing twitter platform. Those links break embedded tweets.
My URL always sayshttps://twitter.com/home.... So is that where I want to be? Sorry, but I am a hunt and peck kind of guy even when dealing with computers.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My URL always says x.com. So is that where I want to be? Sorry, but I am a hunt and peck kind of guy even when dealing with computers.
I get it. It's really hard to figure out what you are doing if it's from a phone too as you don't likely have an easy way to 'mouse over' a link to see what the actual URL is before clicking it.

The link you just posted says x.com, but if you 'mouse over it' on a PC it's a twitter link. It resolves to twitter.com/home

If you are using the x app on a phone I believe it's always going to be at x.com. It's their own custom app/browser where you can't change the URL. So the only way to 'fix' it would be to paste what you copy and before entering it changing the x to twitter in the URL you just pasted.

There are other ways to get the correct embedded link, but none are entirely straight forward. For example on a PC, clicking the ... on the tweet and clicking on the </> embed option takes you to a place where you can copy the URL as twitter.com. It's all fugly.

On phones, you have no easy fix. It's just paste it, edit out the x.com to twitter.com and then post.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried it, same result.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. It's really hard to figure out what you are doing if it's from a phone too as you don't likely have an easy way to 'mouse over' a link to see what the actual URL is before clicking it.

The link you just posted says x.com, but if you 'mouse over it' on a PC it's a twitter link. It resolves to twitter.com/home

If you are using the x app on a phone I believe it's always going to be at x.com. It's their own custom app/browser where you can't change the URL. So the only way to 'fix' it would be to paste what you copy and before entering it changing the x to twitter in the URL you just pasted.

There are other ways to get the correct embedded link, but none are entirely straight forward. For example on a PC, clicking the ... on the tweet and clicking on the </> embed option takes you to a place where you can copy the URL as twitter.com. It's all fugly.

On phones, you have no easy fix. It's just paste it, edit out the x.com to twitter.com and then post.
No phone, apple computer.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^ posted raw from my phone by copying it in the x app and pasting it

^^^ pasted it on my PC and hand changed the x.com to twitter.com and left the rest of it.
1717354227005.png

You can see it embeds normally instead of providing a link.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3