• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Road Trip: August 13th to August 21st

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the owner are acting fine right .now...and mariners have improved...
know it's outfield. and pitching..hopefully..

and I know they are not far.
away..
infield..and high leverage
relief..

they already have brash and Santos...and Taylor is working..on it..

so infield..we will see..
Sorry, but do not agree AT ALL

We were told for several years to have patience when Dipoto took over. Let them rebuild a core fabric and trust they would go spend the money to fill in the pieces when that core was built.

9 years later and they routinely fail to go do that last piece.

They have built the core and have one of the best rotations in baseball.

Yet they continually go for the bargain basement value picks to replace the prior bargain basement guys that aren't producing.

Brash and Santos have NOTHING at all to do with having one of the bottom hitting teams in the sport.

They can't hit the baseball. At all. They swing at bad pitches all up and down the lineup because that's the approach they are being coached up on.

They fired the guy in charge of carrying out that approach and have not improved because it's not the field coaches IT'S THE CORE PHILOSOPHY that's the problem. Dipoto's approach DOES NOT WORK AT THE MAJOR LEAGUE LEVEL in hitting. It didn't work while he was with the Angels and it still hasn't ever worked here.

So even if they did go spend the money to pick up the guys that could possibly help improve the hitting, as long as they are following his sabre metric bullshit approach at the plate, they will suffer the same results.

There is no doubt at all now that Jerry is the problem and that Servais and ownership are also just added problems to that core approach issue.

Yes, that means I have more on Jerry than the owners, but the fact remains they are not going after the big players to fill in the roster after we have been told for years not to worry, they would when the time is right. If the time has not been right the last 3 years then what the fuck will it take for it to be so? They are wasting the best rotation the team has ever had and keep going after meh to fill in for meh. THAT'S THE OWNERS and it's pretty bad.

There is no speech Jerry can give after the season that will settle down the fans. No words telling us he's doing us a favor, just relax, we only need a steady approach to win 54% of the time... it's all total and complete utter bullshit.

If they don't fire Servais and/or Jerry we will get 100% the same next year, and the year after, and the year after that. This group has peaked and there is no higher mark they can reach. This is all they have.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they’ll still demand Seattle and King County pay hundreds of millions for improvements.
Absolutely they will and give very little back to the fans in terms of a competitive ballclub.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing makes owners happier than knowing the bulk of people who pay for tickets and merch will blame the gm and manager for failure. so when the masses start shrieking enough like where we are just about now, the owners fire them, and hire new lackeys who are more than happy to push the "rebuilding" and "we care about winning" narrative.

nintendo started this racket, and this new group of dipshits has perfected it.

it's just been a couple more years than usual between the turnovers that was sweetened by a fluke playoff appearance. and servais was a big reason for that whether people want to acknowledge it or not. firing him and thinking it will fix anything at all is laughable.

i guarantee the instant the morons fire dipoto he'll be hired by a competent org that actually supports its front office in trying to build a contender rather than a mouthpiece.

stop blaming the wrong people for this franchise being a joke for a fucking quarter of a century. if they do what so many are hoping with servais and dipoto and the masses applaud, their very next step will be to sell off all of the starting pitching except the one they tihnk will be the biggest pr cash cow, and most of our prospects for cash that they'll pocket rather than put back into the team. especially with the root crisis. we're fucking nowhere and will stay that way for a long time. gotta face facts.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing makes owners happier than knowing the bulk of people who pay for tickets and merch will blame the gm and manager for failure. so when the masses start shrieking enough like where we are just about now, the owners fire them, and hire new lackeys who are more than happy to push the "rebuilding" and "we care about winning" narrative.

it's just been a couple more years than usual between the turnovers that was sweetened by a fluke playoff appearance. and servais was a big reason for that whether people want to acknowledge it or not. firing him and thinking it will fix anything at all is laughable.

i guarantee the instant the morons fire dipoto he'll be hired by a competent org that actually supports its front office in trying to build a contender rather than a mouthpiece.

stop blaming the wrong people for this franchise being a joke for a fucking quarter of a century. if they do what so many are hoping with servais and dipoto and the masses applaud, their very next step will be to sell off all of the starting pitching except the one they tihnk will be the biggest pr cash cow, and most of our prospects for cash that they'll pocket rather than put back into the team. especially with the root crisis. we're fucking nowhere and will stay that way for a long time. gotta face facts.
Yep, it starts with ownership … I was actually shocked when they hired Lou back in the day, he was a top manager at the time …

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uninspired, unmotivated, pathetic losers.
It was just a matter time before the pitching shit itself also. The manager can’t inspire his team and dipshit is a moron. Waste of time to even bother with this.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELL..........the highpoint for me so far this season is Destroydacre's new and hilarious Avatar. Kinda sums up the season for me anyway. :suds: :rofl:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will defend the ownership in one aspect. They’ve never actually been cheap. They’ve never been a top 5 payroll but the FO has been given plenty of money to make this a solid roster. Outside of Castillo and JP, the best players on the current roster make peanuts compared to their actual worth. The best staff in baseball is making around $35 million. One of the better catchers in the game is making around 800k, Julio’s big money hasn’t kicked in. The other $95 million is on the FO not ownership.

I may be doing my math wrong but I think that adds up the $140 million.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a good game to have been on Apple TV so I didn't have to watch. Thank you MLB.
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com
My hate for this FO is getting to me....I hope this year lights a fire under their ass...I say follow what the Hawks did and make a change but I think I already know the answer how that's going to play out...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This quote (even more than the very honest, but shitty one about profit over success you posted next) seems like it must be satire, but, of course, because our team is the Mariners, it is not :L
Any time you put profit as top priority over how your team performs, that is when you are no longer fit to run a team

That. Fucking. Simple.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros are not .better..
than..

Baltimore..
Yankees..
Boston..

guardians..
twinns.
royals..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but do not agree AT ALL

We were told for several years to have patience when Dipoto took over. Let them rebuild a core fabric and trust they would go spend the money to fill in the pieces when that core was built.

9 years later and they routinely fail to go do that last piece.

They have built the core and have one of the best rotations in baseball.

Yet they continually go for the bargain basement value picks to replace the prior bargain basement guys that aren't producing.

Brash and Santos have NOTHING at all to do with having one of the bottom hitting teams in the sport.

They can't hit the baseball. At all. They swing at bad pitches all up and down the lineup because that's the approach they are being coached up on.

They fired the guy in charge of carrying out that approach and have not improved because it's not the field coaches IT'S THE CORE PHILOSOPHY that's the problem. Dipoto's approach DOES NOT WORK AT THE MAJOR LEAGUE LEVEL in hitting. It didn't work while he was with the Angels and it still hasn't ever worked here.

So even if they did go spend the money to pick up the guys that could possibly help improve the hitting, as long as they are following his sabre metric bullshit approach at the plate, they will suffer the same results.

There is no doubt at all now that Jerry is the problem and that Servais and ownership are also just added problems to that core approach issue.

Yes, that means I have more on Jerry than the owners, but the fact remains they are not going after the big players to fill in the roster after we have been told for years not to worry, they would when the time is right. If the time has not been right the last 3 years then what the fuck will it take for it to be so? They are wasting the best rotation the team has ever had and keep going after meh to fill in for meh. THAT'S THE OWNERS and it's pretty bad.

There is no speech Jerry can give after the season that will settle down the fans. No words telling us he's doing us a favor, just relax, we only need a steady approach to win 54% of the time... it's all total and complete utter bullshit.

If they don't fire Servais and/or Jerry we will get 100% the same next year, and the year after, and the year after that. This group has peaked and there is no higher mark they can reach. This is all they have.
who are the mariners .
3rd and 4th hitters..

junior and edgar..Martinez.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you can't steal.vlade gurrero..
may as well.bring..
Lazaro ..montes..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros are not .better..
than..

Baltimore..
Yankees..
Boston..

guardians..
twinns.
royals..
They don't have to be better than those teams, just be better than Seattle to win the division

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com
My hate for this FO is getting to me....I hope this year lights a fire under their ass...I say follow what the Hawks did and make a change but I think I already know the answer how that's going to play out...
Unfortunately this is how it is going to be. I would say selling the team would help, but would it? Every owner in Seattle has been the same way. Nintendo had no say so Lincoln ran it and as I posted above we know his thoughts it. I seriously doubt I will ever see it happen here.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time of year I get bored talking about the games because...well you see them play so you know. But I do like little stats and the one I keep telling my brother is while teams like Detroit beat us by hitting a ton go ground balls that found holes or we misplayed, we hit pop ups. It seems like we hit a lot of pop ups/fly balls.

We are 4th to the bottom in ground balls vs fly balls (air balls as they call it). Ground balls fined holes or are misplayed. Air balls are outs 99% of the time. More ground balls move people over or in while only a few air balls do that. So not only are we striking out at a record pace creating empty AB's, but we are also giving away easy outs in the air.

A MLB stat I found very interesting, I am easily amused, is that only 3 teams have had a higher or equal GB's to AB's (air balls) ratio. In 2020 14 teams. 2010 22 teams. All about the launch angle I guess. :(

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates SP had 67 K's in 101.2 IP this year. Today he K's 8 in 5.2. Another season best.