• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Road Trip: August 13th to August 21st

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think offer the right price..
and. blue jays should take it .
they have nothing really ..now..
at MLB..
or on the farm.....it's a long.road...
just ask mariners fans..

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And to think, Mendoza's best season just happened to be with Seattle, 1980.

Now THAT, people, is the true definition of irony.
The Kingdome. A lot of players had their best year in the Kingdome. It is the polar opposite of T-Mobile. If Nellie Cruz had played his four years with the Mariners in the Kingdome, he would have put up Judge type numbers.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah..and that is part .of the whole thing.

if owners come out and say .as they.
have before .
that they don't want .to win...
then they are shooting thete..profits.
in the foot...
cuz fans know .and hate every bit of it..
of not winning..

for fans .there is only..winning..
and winning it all..
otherwise..they get .board of ..it..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah..and that is part .of the whole thing.

if owners come out and say .as they.
have before .
that they don't want .to win...
then they are shooting thete..profits.
in the foot...
cuz fans know .and hate every bit of it..
of not winning..

for fans .there is only..winning..
and winning it all..
otherwise..they get .board of ..it..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with no 3rd or 4th...hitters .
it makes it.
easy for other teams .to stomp...
the mariners .

and so they lose ...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look on the bright side, soon all hope will be done, changes are needed desperately so hopefully that happens in the offseason… Dump Dipoto and get a proven manager … And let’s go Seahawks !
When a team flips 15 games in the standing in 2.5 months, someone should be held accountable. But, I doubt anything significant happens. A coach or two gets fired. Maybe an under-performing player is DFAed. But from a business perspective, the team is coming off of three excellent seasons. Dipoto won't get fired, and as long as he is here, Servais will be here because those two have been tight since their playing days together in Colorado during the 2000 season. Mariners' AL attendance/payroll ranking in the Dipoto/Servais era:
2016 9th/8th
2017 9th/5th
2018 6th/5th
2019 7th/6th
2020 -/9th
2021 8th/11th
2022 6th/11th
2023 4th/9th
2024 6th/9th

Looking at the 2022 and 2023 seasons, being 6th in attendance and only 11th in payroll and then follow that up with 4th in attendance while 9th in payroll is like a wet dream for a sports team GM.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. nothing is going to change. The team is exactly how ownership wants it, very profitable. From a championchip standpoint this team is doomed with zero chance of it happening. To be more clear they are not trying to win rings. It's not happening.

We all sit here like idiots every year trying to diagnose this team when in reality the deck is stacked against us (by ownership) and they won't even try to put a winning team on the field.

They have their PR department go into turd polishing mode where they hype the shit out of losers and the fans eat that shit up and buy all the merchandise and go to all the games for more bobbleheads.
You gotta love this guy who is a .200 hitter with 600k's because we made a bobblehead for him! And the fans will all go buy his jersey's.

I see right through it and it feels insulting what they are doing to the fans. It's just a long con because they feed us bullshit about them trying to put a winning team on the field when in reality they put garbage out then tell us its gold.
Yep. The business model is working for them. Why try to compete? Where does it get you? Baltimore, Minnesota and Kansas City are all having excellent seasons and they trail the Mariners in attendance. That's all the proof the owners need.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a team flips 15 games in the standing in 2.5 months, someone should be held accountable. But, I doubt anything significant happens. A coach or two gets fired. Maybe an under-performing player is DFAed. But from a business perspective, the team is coming off of three excellent seasons. Dipoto won't get fired, and as long as he is here, Servais will be here because those two have been tight since their playing days together in Colorado during the 2000 season. Mariners' AL attendance/payroll ranking in the Dipoto/Servais era:
2016 9th/8th
2017 9th/5th
2018 6th/5th
2019 7th/6th
2020 -/9th
2021 8th/11th
2022 6th/11th
2023 4th/9th
2024 6th/9th

Looking at the 2022 and 2023 seasons, being 6th in attendance and only 11th in payroll and then follow that up with 4th in attendance while 9th in payroll is like a wet dream for a sports team GM.
Exactly. nothing is going to change. The team is exactly how ownership wants it, very profitable. From a championchip standpoint this team is doomed with zero chance of it happening. To be more clear they are not trying to win rings. It's not happening.

We all sit here like idiots every year trying to diagnose this team when in reality the deck is stacked against us (by ownership) and they won't even try to put a winning team on the field.

They have their PR department go into turd polishing mode where they hype the shit out of losers and the fans eat that shit up and buy all the merchandise and go to all the games for more bobbleheads.
You gotta love this guy who is a .200 hitter with 600k's because we made a bobblehead for him! And the fans will all go buy his jersey's.

I see right through it and it feels insulting what they are doing to the fans. It's just a long con because they feed us bullshit about them trying to put a winning team on the field when in reality they put garbage out then tell us its gold.

*Deleted my original post (sometimes i post something then delete it to be less ranty) but glad you responded to it, reposting it here again

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The business model is working for them. Why try to compete? Where does it get you? Baltimore, Minnesota and Kansas City are all having excellent seasons and they trail the Mariners in attendance. That's all the proof the owners need.
But if they have a formula then they could save lots of money by getting rid of Jerry and Scott and getting younger guys.

I still don’t think Jerry will be let go, or I guess if Hollander is really the GM him. It’s hard to think ownership is thinking about firing them but still extending Robles.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*Deleted my original post (sometimes i post something then delete it to be less ranty) but glad you responded to it, reposting it here again
The thing with all they care about is profit, it makes no sense, that they wouldn’t want to win. With each round of the playoffs, you get a new patch on jerseys and hats, you get extra ticket revenue. It just doesn’t make sense. I guess I haven’t seen the actual contracts but can’t imagine playoff bonus’ are that high with this team.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately...the problems..
will.still..remain...
as I have said ..
fireing...will accomplish..nothing..

only getting. a 3rd and 4th hitter..
will do the trick..
Well, a good manager helps, you gotta have the talent obviously, but having a good competent game manager improves your chances, especially in close games

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with all they care about is profit, it makes no sense, that they wouldn’t want to wi With each round of the playoffs, you get a new patch on jerseys and hats, you get extra ticket revenue. It just doesn’t make sense. I guess I haven’t seen the actual contracts but can’t imagine playoff bonus’ are that high with this team.n.
they're making record profit every year without investing back in the team like franchises that do care about winning.

i'm sure winning would make owners happy, but it's not their priority. it's objectively and verifiably true whether or not you think it makes sense.

maybe you'll understand when they sell off everything of value this offseason for cash and push the "rebuilding" narrative with whatever new staff they hire to try to put a shine on dogshit. they'll probably keep 1-2 starters who're under club control that they think will be the biggest PR cash cow. maybe they'll sign raleigh to a long-term contract, but he's at a point where they'll have to overpay him significantly to get it done.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet.. that.is not what .
is needed..
it's a 3rd and 4th..hitter..
at this ..point...
whitch cuz of. .the cost..
among other ..things .
is..what..has keeped..mariners .
away....

if..bornstens .fish...is cheap..
cuz they..sell..to Russians..
does it mean..not to buy..it..
no..
buy it and sell..to Japanese ..

so.its..just depends..
but it's not. management..
the team .
does not have the guys..
to succeed...
know..if Jedi .and Scott..
want an other job .
that is on them...
but mariners not winning .
I don't believe...is..
It's a total failure from top of the mountain being the cheap shitty owners to Jerry to Scotty making horrible decisions, not being able to elevate players skills and not being able to get these guys motivated.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but what..if..lineup..

all.guys..not on the mariners are what ifs..
you.know..

1crawvford...ss..or Robles..either.one..
2.arosarena....LF..

3..Garcia........2b..L/Lnat bats..
4.vlade.gurrero..1b..blue jays..

5.raliegh....cat..swit..
6.haniger for lack of a guy.

we can run..yeah..
7.rojas....3b./Moore..
8.julio....,.RF./cf..
9.robles.....cf/RF..

10..garver.no.an other.
11.moore..
12.canzone...
13.raley...1b/of..
I need one more bat

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m thinking they are striking outs in double digits more than they score double digit runs per game. This offense is disgusting.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1075b1ba9cca9c93e6073fec6808cd45.jpg

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until..they lose .the fan base ..witch will.
be like a stock market.
crash for them.....

not having..a 3rd and 4th....hitters..
will.
make people..bar bque..and play...
volleyball..

then the comishiner..
will..call.and change..there.
minds about .there.buisness..model..

cuz fans stop..caring .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash