• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Phillies; April 25th - 27th

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the thinking with putting Brash in? Is he in the Munoz role? Just really confusing to put him in that spot.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the thinking with putting Brash in? Is he in the Munoz role? Just really confusing to put him in that spot.
Like I said before, best stuff on the team BUT he can't control it. Not sure if time will fix it or we just have to roll the dice each time out. Putting him in mop up duty doesn't help the team so it has to be high leverage or nothing I guess and hope for the best.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, best stuff on the team BUT he can't control it. Not sure if time will fix it or we just have to roll the dice each time out. Putting him in mop up duty doesn't help the team so it has to be high leverage or nothing I guess and hope for the best.
I notice Brash blowing into his throwing hand often in the spring to warm up his fingers and he licks them often also to improve his 'feel' and grip on the baseball.

I am hoping it is a cold early season thing where he is not getting his best grip that allows him to spin his slider and breaking stuff and also the 'good' grip is a must even for fastballs and cutters.

His biggest problem is not brushing guys back off the plate with inside heaters. When you throw upper 90's hitters know what that will feel like on their hands ( or rib cage ) and they will lean into pitches out over the plate in an attempt to barrel them up and drive the ball into the alleys or over the fence.

The ONLY way to prevent that lean into a pitch by the hitter is to plant that seed of doubt into the back of their minds if the next pitch is coming in high and tight. No bobody wants to go to the IL with a busted up fingers or hands for a few months ( like Altuve )

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look who is hitting 3rd!!!!

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I notice Brash blowing into his throwing hand often in the spring to warm up his fingers and he licks them often also to improve his 'feel' and grip on the baseball.

I am hoping it is a cold early season thing where he is not getting his best grip that allows him to spin his slider and breaking stuff and also the 'good' grip is a must even for fastballs and cutters.

His biggest problem is not brushing guys back off the plate with inside heaters. When you throw upper 90's hitters know what that will feel like on their hands ( or rib cage ) and they will lean into pitches out over the plate in an attempt to barrel them up and drive the ball into the alleys or over the fence.

The ONLY way to prevent that lean into a pitch by the hitter is to plant that seed of doubt into the back of their minds if the next pitch is coming in high and tight. No bobody wants to go to the IL with a busted up fingers or hands for a few months ( like Altuve )
Very well thought out. I said during his last outing that hitters were just taking him the other way because while he changes pitches he doesn't change location. I guess if you have a hard time controlling it you don't want to throw inside. That has to change.

And great point on the cold weather maybe being a factor. Grip is everything.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have access, but this is probably real good.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well thought out. I said during his last outing that hitters were just taking him the other way because while he changes pitches he doesn't change location. I guess if you have a hard time controlling it you don't want to throw inside. That has to change.

And great point on the cold weather maybe being a factor. Grip is everything.

I did a lot of pitching in my younger days.

Whenever I was asked what my best pitch was I would reply: 'My 2nd up and in fastball' I would always get asked: 'Why the 2nd?'
I then promptly answered: 'so the batter knew that the 1st one wasn't an accident'

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford with a grand slam! I just turned the game on to see that.
Then Julio follows it up with a solo homer!

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
France was robbed of his chance of back to back to back because the chumpire called a pitch well off the plate and high strike three. These umps have flat out sucked this whole series. The Philly announcers have been saying it too.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw SumTin WONG misplayed 2 balls at 2nd late in the game and each goof cost us a run.
Neither registered as an error ... but 99% of MLB 2nd basemen make BOTH plays he booted.

I am really starting to not like that dude.

Julio needs to shorten up his swing and settle for line drive base knocks. He is swinging for the fences even with 2 strikes which is a big no no.
Golden Sombrero for the young man tonite to go along with his solo HR.

He needs to just start making contact. Way too many swings and misses in his game currently

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio .got hot .last year .in.
June July..
I think..he.is warm .weather.
Guy.but.he.should..work.on stuff..all..the time..
Kelinec..as..
Well..
We..will .see..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw SumTin WONG misplayed 2 balls at 2nd late in the game and each goof cost us a run.
Neither registered as an error ... but 99% of MLB 2nd basemen make BOTH plays he booted.

I am really starting to not like that dude.

Julio needs to shorten up his swing and settle for line drive base knocks. He is swinging for the fences even with 2 strikes which is a big no no.
Golden Sombrero for the young man tonite to go along with his solo HR.

He needs to just start making contact. Way too many swings and misses in his game currently

Spring..has..to..end..sometime..but not before cesar..Hernandez..is..ready..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk.about..phili..but.its.
Been warmer..in Portland.
For 2 days..now..so it's..here..and coming..
There

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..that .just..vacuums..
About..ray..
We are talking..innings eater..212.strike.outs..
Even though..he was..having..troubles.
Yeah..he just ..won..
Cye...young...
On we.go..with..rookie..time

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gross