• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Fire Dr. Lorena Martin; She Fires Back

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Lopez and Betancourt. Those guys were a couple of lazy douches anyway. Not that Ichiro's me-first attitude wasn't annoying.

Thanks for the PTSD. Those days were when I think I started consistently posted on the CBS boards. Neither of them could take a walk to save their lives and their conditioning made it look like any fat ass can play middle infield at a professional level.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like your lineup projections but let's face it, many of those 89 wins the M's had in 2018 were 1 run wins and primarily due to Diaz shutting the door for those wins and the M's being "lucky" to pull off the 1 run lead to take the W. Without Diaz's outrageous 2018 season, at this point, those 1 run wins will be history for this coming season. With the current pen situation, the BP isn't going to do much to help the back end so I'm thinking if the starters can't go 5 or 6 solid innings the M's will be dead meat and if Dipoto doesn't do something with the pen they'll be dead meat most of the time anyway when the pen takes over.

Definitely good points and something I took into consideration when I wrote that up.

I don't think the rotation or lineup suffers too badly, but due to the luck of us being in so many 1-win situations and having such an excellent closer, we won a lot more games than we should have. With the current bullpen, that will not be a reality.

If we had a run of the mill closer in 2018, the team probably would've won more like 80 or so games. I think overall the talent level has dropped enough to put the team at the talent level of roughly a 75 win team, although that doesn't take into consideration that we likely won't have Encarncion for the entire year and may ship off other key players who exceed expectations and don't have a long-term future with the team.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t remember which year it was, it was the year that essentially Bloomquist was the only on record interview then it leaked that people wanted to kick Ichiro’s ass. But I also thought if every single person was put in the other 24 players shoes they would want to also. Felix had to face the music after his starts and struggle with his broken English while Ichiro got an interrupter and got to give a list of questions to reporters to ask.

I appreciate the greatness that Ichiro displayed while with the Mariners, but based on everything I've read, he would definitely be hated in just about any job environment. He's one of those hardcore, type-A personalities who exhibits narcissistic traits and doesn't interact with his teammates and got preferred treatment by the organization. I think we've all had interactions with people like that in the workplace or otherwise.

For Christ Sake the guy carried his bats around in a fucking cooler or some shit and at 45 years old has maintained the exact same ridiculously straining training routine since he was younger. If that doesn't shout extreme OCD, I don't know what does. I respect his work ethic, but it almost sounds borderline insane.

There was an ESPN piece on him and he sounds like he has a lot of issues.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the greatness that Ichiro displayed while with the Mariners, but based on everything I've read, he would definitely be hated in just about any job environment. He's one of those hardcore, type-A personalities who exhibits narcissistic traits and doesn't interact with his teammates and got preferred treatment by the organization. I think we've all had interactions with people like that in the workplace or otherwise.

For Christ Sake the guy carried his bats around in a fucking cooler or some shit and at 45 years old has maintained the exact same ridiculously straining training routine since he was younger. If that doesn't shout extreme OCD, I don't know what does. I respect his work ethic, but it almost sounds borderline insane.

There was an ESPN piece on him and he sounds like he has a lot of issues.

Ya, I’m just saying at least IMO that story was covered for half of the year. This story was something for a few days, then it reappears then goes away.

One thing I will say positive about Ichiro or mostly the Japanese/Asian ball players, was when I was younger we got to play a game against a team and those guys (while not IMO as talented) they made us look lazy as hell with how detailed oriented they were pregame. They are all like Russell Wilson with his the separation is in the preparation.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I’m just saying at least IMO that story was covered for half of the year. This story was something for a few days, then it reappears then goes away.

One thing I will say positive about Ichiro or mostly the Japanese/Asian ball players, was when I was younger we got to play a game against a team and those guys (while not IMO as talented) they made us look lazy as hell with how detailed oriented they were pregame. They are all like Russell Wilson with his the separation is in the preparation.

Many of the Japanese people I've met over the course of my career and in college are some of the hardest working and most respectful people I've ever met. I genuinely have a deep admiration for their culture.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Lookout Landing

With the Mariners non-tendering Domingo Santana and trading Omar Narvaez, the club was shaping up to have zero Latin players in 2020, so as things currently stand, Ramirez will be the lone representative from Latin America for as long as he can stick on the roster.

Just saying...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Lookout Landing

With the Mariners non-tendering Domingo Santana and trading Omar Narvaez, the club was shaping up to have zero Latin players in 2020, so as things currently stand, Ramirez will be the lone representative from Latin America for as long as he can stick on the roster.

Just saying...

Still don’t buy her story. She sounds like a chick who left her boyfriend for you then you realized why her ex boyfriend didn’t really want her and then you broke it off with her. I highly highly doubt they would have created a useless/pointless position in their organization if they hate Latin people.
But hey, if it forces management changes then I’m all for it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don’t buy her story. She sounds like a chick who left her boyfriend for you then you realized why her ex boyfriend didn’t really want her and then you broke it off with her. I highly highly doubt they would have created a useless/pointless position in their organization if they hate Latin people.
But hey, if it forces management changes then I’m all for it.

The saddest part to me is that you have two so called professionals with one having to e a baldfaced liar.

But with about 30% of MLB players being from Latin America, it is odd we just put our first on the roster.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean if you look at who we drafted and who are all our top prospects are besides julio rodriguez whom is an 18 year old built 6'4'' 225 pounds everyone is pretty much American so it does seem like management has a preference in what they want in the culture.

Honestly besides the comments on whether or not its true he called Hispanic players lazy and dumb just keep that to yourself if you feel that player from America would be the best way to turn things around then whatever at this point I don't care if he signed a team full of Jewish Indians if they can win 100 games then go for it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saddest part to me is that you have two so called professionals with one having to e a baldfaced liar.

But with about 30% of MLB players being from Latin America, it is odd we just put our first on the roster.

It’s odd for sure but I think it is just a coincidence because of salary and a lack of Latin players in the minors rather than disdain for Latin players.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean if you look at who we drafted and who are all our top prospects are besides julio rodriguez whom is an 18 year old built 6'4'' 225 pounds everyone is pretty much American so it does seem like management has a preference in what they want in the culture.

Honestly besides the comments on whether or not its true he called Hispanic players lazy and dumb just keep that to yourself if you feel that player from America would be the best way to turn things around then whatever at this point I don't care if he signed a team full of Jewish Indians if they can win 100 games then go for it.

Your first part I think is more Jerry seems to have a philosophy of getting guys out of college in the draft that are closer to MLB ready. I also think that comment never happened. Seattle is irrelevant to the sport so the MLB would have no reason to cover it up after their investigation and we haven’t heard a peep out the MLBPA on it.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i care about is getting the fuckers at the top of this org out. that's owners, gm, and all of his hand-picked staff. i guarantee the team will be nowhere until that happens.

i don't care if it's because of a false accusation that i, myself, don't even believe. anything with enough oomph to cause real sea change is good by me.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the PTSD. Those days were when I think I started consistently posted on the CBS boards. Neither of them could take a walk to save their lives and their conditioning made it look like any fat ass can play middle infield at a professional level.

Ya, thanks for that. I remember distinctly I was the most vocal anti Betancourt guy on the CBS site. I despise guys who smile after every error. They don’t need to go psycho after an error but don’t laugh it off every single time