• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Fire Dr. Lorena Martin; She Fires Back

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.20.00 PM.png

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, no idea if any of what she said is remotely accurate damn, it’s going to be hard for Stanton and Co. to keep Jerry, Scott and Andy.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, no idea if any of what she said is remotely accurate damn, it’s going to be hard for Stanton and Co. to keep Jerry, Scott and Andy.

Not sure either, but she does have high credentials and for someone like that to put her reputation out there only to lie doesn't seem likely. I don't trust M's in any way and this just adds to all the sexual harassment problems of a few years to go where they actually promoted most of the ones accused. Shameful if true.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure either, but she does have high credentials and for someone like that to put her reputation out there only to lie doesn't seem likely. I don't trust M's in any way and this just adds to all the sexual harassment problems of a few years to go where they actually promoted most of the ones accused. Shameful if true.

I obviously can’t speak on her motives whether true or she is exaggerating things because she was fired but that is one accusation that most people can’t survive even if there is no legit proof. Doesn’t really make any real sense of guys who have spent a good portion of their life around Latin players then hire the first female and her voodoo to be outright racists/bigots or insert your term. But I am in no position to defend them.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UH oh. Current political climate does not favor Dipoto and company, regardless of whether they are completely guilty, partially guilty or innocent. Doubt if Dipoto will fall on his sword though. Someone else will be the designated scapegoat.

The doc also probably knows that she will never get another job in the professional sports industry. I'm sure she has a backup plan.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never know if I should take these things at face value or just look at them like a disgruntled employee having been given their walking papers.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously can’t speak on her motives whether true or she is exaggerating things because she was fired but that is one accusation that most people can’t survive even if there is no legit proof. Doesn’t really make any real sense of guys who have spent a good portion of their life around Latin players then hire the first female and her voodoo to be outright racists/bigots or insert your term. But I am in no position to defend them.

My view: If she wanted to make up lies about these guys after being fired, the easiest way would have been to use the 'female' card especially after the franchises history with that. To use racist card to me adds validity to it. She could have walked away quietly and kept her hirability but she instead is taking a big risk with what she said. People usually don't do that for no reason.

And just because they work around latin players, doesn't mean they respect them. There are plenty of closet klansmen supervising and working with non-whites in this world. :2cents:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is funny.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conspiracy Theory: Did Edgar really quit for the reasons he said???

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that she was fired over a month ago.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt if we'll ever know the truth about ANYTHING that goes on within this organization. To be honest, I always felt it was a joke to hire her in the first place. Seemed like guys were getting "stupid" injuries anyway so I don't think she was very strong with getting the guys in decent shape pre-season. I just don't have much respect for the M's organization in general- Dipoto and his buddy Scott need to go in my opinion. Need a strong (and honest) GM and a manager who knows how to manage a team if the M's are ever going to be true contenders.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My view: If she wanted to make up lies about these guys after being fired, the easiest way would have been to use the 'female' card especially after the franchises history with that. To use racist card to me adds validity to it. She could have walked away quietly and kept her hirability but she instead is taking a big risk with what she said. People usually don't do that for no reason.

And just because they work around latin players, doesn't mean they respect them. There are plenty of closet klansmen supervising and working with non-whites in this world. :2cents:

I guess we can disagree on that one. Even a closet racist IMO cant work his/her whole life with a race he hates and the first time any accusation is ever made is when they fire a female that they made up a position to hire her for. I don’t know, just doesn’t add up to me but I’ve become highly skeptical of a lot allegations.

But on a joke side, is this why Jerry wants to keep Gordon over Segura?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can disagree on that one. Even a closet racist IMO cant work his/her whole life with a race he hates and the first time any accusation is ever made is when they fire a female that they made up a position to hire her for. I don’t know, just doesn’t add up to me but I’ve become highly skeptical of a lot allegations.

But on a joke side, is this why Jerry wants to keep Gordon over Segura?

I am skeptical when there is something to gain by the accuser. She was fired a month ago and said nothing until tonight. I think they were trying to hush her and she went off. I still think that she was better off not saying anything if nothing really happened. I don't see any upside for coming out with this.

And no, I don't think Segura had anything to do with regards of hatred. I just think he is an ass and lazy and they had to call him out tottery and save the season. It didn't work obviously.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reached for clarification on Monday night, Martin told The News Tribune that Dipoto, in a meeting with Martin and McKay in January, called her a “cocky Latina.” In that same meeting McKay said Dominican players are “just plain stupid” and, in a separate meeting, Servais told her that you don’t see Latino catchers or managers because “they aren’t bright enough. They are dumb.”

Martin said she reported these incidents in several meetings with the team’s human resources since spring training and to multiple Mariners staff members. She said she felt she was fired in retaliation for that. She also said she has hired an attorney and is seeking wrongful termination.

“She checks off every box we were going to hit,” Dipoto had said when she was hired. “It is very rare to hire one person with so many levels of expertise.”

But she said Dipoto in January called her and McKay into his suite at Safeco Field to discuss McKay taking over mental skills development. Martin said she argued against that because mental skills training was part of her contract.

“And (Dipoto) said, ‘You know what you are? You’re a cocky Latina,” Martin said.

“I said, ‘No, I’m a confident person who is competent at what I do and I’ve been trained to do that. And later Andy said, ‘Well, you know, sometimes you’re just plain stupid.’ He loves to use that phrase – plain stupid.’”

Read more here: Mariners deny ex-employee’s accusations of racism toward Latino staff, players

Read more here: Mariners deny ex-employee’s accusations of racism toward Latino staff, players

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reached for clarification on Monday night, Martin told The News Tribune that Dipoto, in a meeting with Martin and McKay in January, called her a “cocky Latina.” In that same meeting McKay said Dominican players are “just plain stupid” and, in a separate meeting, Servais told her that you don’t see Latino catchers or managers because “they aren’t bright enough. They are dumb.”

Martin said she reported these incidents in several meetings with the team’s human resources since spring training and to multiple Mariners staff members. She said she felt she was fired in retaliation for that. She also said she has hired an attorney and is seeking wrongful termination.

“She checks off every box we were going to hit,” Dipoto had said when she was hired. “It is very rare to hire one person with so many levels of expertise.”

But she said Dipoto in January called her and McKay into his suite at Safeco Field to discuss McKay taking over mental skills development. Martin said she argued against that because mental skills training was part of her contract.

“And (Dipoto) said, ‘You know what you are? You’re a cocky Latina,” Martin said.

“I said, ‘No, I’m a confident person who is competent at what I do and I’ve been trained to do that. And later Andy said, ‘Well, you know, sometimes you’re just plain stupid.’ He loves to use that phrase – plain stupid.’”

The entire article is worth a read.

Mariners deny ex-employee’s accusations of racism toward Latino staff, players