• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Fire Dr. Lorena Martin; She Fires Back

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way of knowing if her rant had anything to do with monetary rewards or punishments. There's a whole bevy of rewards currently available for these accusations, ranging from social, psychological and political. Hell, if events work in her favor, she could still make money off the situation - if past situations are any indication.

Yes, no real serious conversation can ever be had without quiet disdain for opposing viewpoints, because there's no possible way that anyone could have been motivated by anything other than the monetary gain of the situation. I had greater expectations for NW's ability to communicate his ideas. To think, with one facepalm, I could lose a great deal of respect for a poster I generally find able to make coherent, well-thought opinions.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they got ride of a nutritionist ... WOW Mariners, you're really making waves...

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Man I wish that was the Seattle Mariners, at least then we'd be going in one direction. :L Selling/rebuilding or going all out to win now.

Instead, the photo should be just going in circles going nowhere, Now that would be TRUE TO THE BLUE. :gaah:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I wish that was the Seattle Mariners, at least then we'd be going in one direction. :L Selling/rebuilding or going all out to win now.

Instead, the photo should be just going in circles going nowhere, Now that would be TRUE TO THE BLUE. :gaah:

Actually, the video is going in circles...LOL It's on the loop :thumb:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They signed her away from the Lakers so apparently others believe in her profession. Not my thing, but billionaires love to use anything out there as a tool.

Her using this to settle with team works before she says anything. It is the threat of exposure that gets her the money. Once she says something, they are no longer paying for her silence.

This is where the rabbit hole starts. According to the athletic the Lakers were more than happy to let her go as the way I read it is they thought she was crazy.

But disagree, a lot times things like this go to court just to get a bigger settlement than hush money, as settlements generally lead to other opportunities such as interview, books, jobs etc. If it true that their relationship soured after months of her being hired after the Lakers not wanting her then it’d make sense.

I don’t know, I’m skeptical as hell of this entire thing as I’ve stated before because players have more clout to speak out over a made up position. Nothing adds up to me in this story thus far but like I said I’m way to skeptical on stuff like this.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, just about everyone who leaves the organization takes pot shots at them on the way out.

This is where I have skepticism. It is a screwed up organization as we have seen but of all the complaints and grievances levied at the organization racism isn’t one of them. Just lying and backstabbing and all around stupidity of people running the show.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I have skepticism. It is a screwed up organization as we have seen but of all the complaints and grievances levied at the organization racism isn’t one of them. Just lying and backstabbing and all around stupidity of people running the show.

Exactly. Also, as far as I know, none of the accusations (especially the previously mentioned sexual harassments) were against any of the 3 men who are being accused now. So, to use previous accusations against members of the organization as examples as to their guilt is just wrong. I understand that people want DiPoto and Servais fired, but deciding their guilt in this accusation based on your desire to have them replaced is just wrong.

Everything I've read on this is a he said/she said. She says they said some pretty racist things to her. They claim they didn't. Her only evidence to support her claims that this is a systemic issue and not just something that happened to her without witnesses is that the team didn't renew the contracts of 2 trainers in DR.

Is it possible that the three accused were as stupid to do what she is accusing them of doing? Yes, it's possible. Is it possible she could be screwing with the 3 for whatever reason? Yes, it's possible. But, damn, it's way too early - and her evidence is so weak that I can't just say the three men are guilty and deserve to lose their careers over it.

Maybe there'll be a paper trail about the accusation she levied back in spring training - and if she were smart, she'd have requested (demanded) a copy of the report from HR for her own records. Maybe, just maybe, the MLB investigation comes out with new evidence that supports her claims, and I'll gladly watch the three take their punishments. But, until then, I'm not taking unsubstantiated accusations as proof that these men are racist pieces of excrement.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Also, as far as I know, none of the accusations (especially the previously mentioned sexual harassments) were against any of the 3 men who are being accused now. So, to use previous accusations against members of the organization as examples as to their guilt is just wrong. I understand that people want DiPoto and Servais fired, but deciding their guilt in this accusation based on your desire to have them replaced is just wrong.

Everything I've read on this is a he said/she said. She says they said some pretty racist things to her. They claim they didn't. Her only evidence to support her claims that this is a systemic issue and not just something that happened to her without witnesses is that the team didn't renew the contracts of 2 trainers in DR.

Is it possible that the three accused were as stupid to do what she is accusing them of doing? Yes, it's possible. Is it possible she could be screwing with the 3 for whatever reason? Yes, it's possible. But, damn, it's way too early - and her evidence is so weak that I can't just say the three men are guilty and deserve to lose their careers over it.

Maybe there'll be a paper trail about the accusation she levied back in spring training - and if she were smart, she'd have requested (demanded) a copy of the report from HR for her own records. Maybe, just maybe, the MLB investigation comes out with new evidence that supports her claims, and I'll gladly watch the three take their punishments. But, until then, I'm not taking unsubstantiated accusations as proof that these men are racist pieces of excrement.

Well according to the News Tribune she told their beat writer she has proof whatever that means. I don’t know just doesn’t make sense as how would any person who entire resume is based off numbers and brains be openly racist. Behind closed doors whatever but openly, but not only openly but to the only chick in a powerful position in the sport?

It just sucks as a fan that it will come down to a he said she said ordeal when my gut is saying she is just a jaded person that the organization hired her, realized she wasn’t useful so merged her department with McKay’s who’s every interview I’ve heard of him his expertise was essentially the same.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, doesn’t sound like Dipoto. Any of his comments on negative press is calling someone stupid in a sophisticated way or denouncing someone’s credibility like all the national pundits.

Reason I floated that possibility is because it definitely wasn't written by anyone who is not connected to this issue.

I'm not in PR, but it looked like it was written by someone who felt very personally attacked by this.

Anyone detached would say "We're very concerned about these allegations.... blah blah blah... the Mariners are dedicated to providing an inclusive culture... blah blah blah... insert some evidence of the Mariners being inclusive... "

Not trying to make a mockery of the situation, but the way they handled it was strange.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying into these allegations at all. There appears to be issues with her from the onset and it most likely led to her firing, this could be due to players input.

Keep in mind Lakers were more than happy to see her go it seems and said she was difficult to work with.

The race card appears to be her trump card and she’s playing it. More than anything, until further details are out, I’m chalking this one up as a disgruntled ex-employee.

Question is: what does she gain from this? 1) Respect in a sports world dominates by males. 2) her dues, she had 2 years remaining on her contract.

My conclusion is that she was let go due to her nature of being difficult to work with. And players being uncomfortable with her around. She’s pissed they fired her and she played the race card.

While the Mariners seemed to initially consider Martin’s addition a coup, multiple Lakers sources indicated some within the organization were relieved she found a position elsewhere despite having hired her barely a year earlier. Martin’s role was reduced in scope, and Lakers sources described her as difficult to work with, unable to accept criticism and eager to deflect blame.

There were issues from the very beginning of Martin’s tenure in Seattle.

Mariners sources told The Athletic that some players weren’t comfortable around Martin in the team’s clubhouse – it should be noted that MLB clubhouses are not among the most open-minded of settings – and others were reticent to accept her input. Those complaints echo themes from Lakers sources, as well

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 summary:
Ohtani going to the Angels.
Sexual harassment
Ichiro's failed return
Felix's downfall to bullpen
Cano steroids
2nd half collapse
Locker room fight
Racism

Not everything was their fault but can’t wait to see how 2019 shows the floor is always lower

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Martin "issue" thing is turning into a big f'n deal. What a waste of time, energy and money. The MLB "investigation" and everything else has gotten so carried away with the "politically correct" bullshit. It just grinds my gears that the M's organization is in such a cluster fuck situation and we fans have to live with it. It's always something with this outfit. :gaah:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 summary:
Sexual harassment
Ichiro's failed return
Cano steroids
2nd half collapse
Locker room fight
Racism

Not everything was their fault but can’t wait to see how 2019 shows the floor is always lower
In other words. Mariners Baseball. YEAH! :nod:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 summary:
Sexual harassment
Ichiro's failed return
Cano steroids
2nd half collapse
Locker room fight
Racism

Think you forgot signing extensions for a GM and coach who haven’t really come close to the playoffs, like 1st team out close. The organization is such a shit show. I highly doubt MLB will find anything of value in an investigation but maybe they can just do a nicely forced you are selling this team or else

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason I floated that possibility is because it definitely wasn't written by anyone who is not connected to this issue.

I'm not in PR, but it looked like it was written by someone who felt very personally attacked by this.

Anyone detached would say "We're very concerned about these allegations.... blah blah blah... the Mariners are dedicated to providing an inclusive culture... blah blah blah... insert some evidence of the Mariners being inclusive... "

Not trying to make a mockery of the situation, but the way they handled it was strange.

I get what you are saying, but every single person associated with the Mariners has to feel personally attacked. Just coming off of the hush money then they get the double whammy of not only sexism but racism as well. Being associated at all in any way of hating Latin ball players essentially ensures you don’t get another job in baseball.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what ESPN thinks would be a huge move

(HASN"T HAPPEN YET!) New York Yankees acquire James Paxton from the Seattle Mariners for LHP Justus Sheffield and RHP Jonathan Loaisiga.

At the GM meetings, Brian Cashman said his three biggest needs were "starting pitching, starting pitching and middle infield." The Yankees re-signed CC Sabathia, but that's hardly their final stop at the mall. As for the Mariners, Jerry Dipoto is itching to trade Paxton, who has two seasons of team control left. Based on the Mike Zunino deal, Dipoto is looking for major-league-ready talent more than Class A prospects. Sheffield and Loaisiga both reached the majors last season, so they fit that bill. Sheffield is the better bet to remain a starter, while Loaisiga has some nasty stuff but has had issues staying healthy.

Oh, and then the Yankees can spend $100-plus million on Patrick Corbin -- who rooted for the Yankees growing up in Syracuse -- to give them a rotation of Luis Severino, Corbin, Paxton, Masahiro Tanaka and Sabathia, with Sonny Gray and the rehabbing Jordan Montgomery in reserve.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what ESPN thinks would be a huge move

(HASN"T HAPPEN YET!) New York Yankees acquire James Paxton from the Seattle Mariners for LHP Justus Sheffield and RHP Jonathan Loaisiga.

At the GM meetings, Brian Cashman said his three biggest needs were "starting pitching, starting pitching and middle infield." The Yankees re-signed CC Sabathia, but that's hardly their final stop at the mall. As for the Mariners, Jerry Dipoto is itching to trade Paxton, who has two seasons of team control left. Based on the Mike Zunino deal, Dipoto is looking for major-league-ready talent more than Class A prospects. Sheffield and Loaisiga both reached the majors last season, so they fit that bill. Sheffield is the better bet to remain a starter, while Loaisiga has some nasty stuff but has had issues staying healthy.

Oh, and then the Yankees can spend $100-plus million on Patrick Corbin -- who rooted for the Yankees growing up in Syracuse -- to give them a rotation of Luis Severino, Corbin, Paxton, Masahiro Tanaka and Sabathia, with Sonny Gray and the rehabbing Jordan Montgomery in reserve.

So, Sheffield will start the season as the ace on the MLB roster?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure when this fails to get any attention, she'll claim r@pe.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3