• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Angels: July 16th - 18th

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pushing for Gilbert to get the rookie of the year award I dont know who else is in the running but he has looked really good.

As for Kelenic being called up I think its more so for depth because with Lewis gone for the year and Fraley going to COVID IR, Trammell being sent down, all we really have is Kelenic who is killing it at AAA. Unless you want to give those ABs to Jake Bauers and Dillion Thomas I think giving it to Kelenic to atleast develop would seem like the best option. Like someone said there is only so much you can see at AAA the best thing for him to do is get his 200 at bats and see how he progresses. I wonder how he feels about turning down the contract extension and now he is struggling like hell.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is weird the chances are so low considering how many games they have left with the Athletics. I’m not saying they should be more than 50% or anything but the Astros, A’s, Angels and Mariners are all going to cannibalize each other and 6 games really isn’t that much.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is weird the chances are so low considering how many games they have left with the Athletics. I’m not saying they should be more than 50% or anything but the Astros, A’s, Angels and Mariners are all going to cannibalize each other and 6 games really isn’t that much.
I think they base it on lack of overall talent while playing above it. Their -51 Run Differential is one of the highest amongst teams still in the hunt.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they base it on lack of overall talent while playing above it. Their -51 Run Differential is one of the highest amongst teams still in the hunt.
I guess my thing is they just are essentially chasing the A’s, and have a boat load of games against them left. Definitely not saying they should be favorites or whatever, but if run differential is that big of a deal wouldn’t they be even with the Angels. Just a thought no real logic behind my comments.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my thing is they just are essentially chasing the A’s, and have a boat load of games against them left. Definitely not saying they should be favorites or whatever, but if run differential is that big of a deal wouldn’t they be even with the Angels. Just a thought no real logic behind my comments.
Probably because the Angels are operating short of Trout and maybe a coupe other players who will soon be off the IL is my guess.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because the Angels are operating short of Trout and maybe a coupe other players who will soon be off the IL is my guess.
And Upton. I think has a lot to do with it. We have had a number of injuries, but we never lost a great deal of expected contribution in my eyes. Paxton hurt, but did anyone expect a full or even half year from him? White was doing White things and we actually improved when he went out. Lewis was a loss, but he was probably an even WAR guy offensively. Others stepped up and replaced him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Upton. I think has a lot to do with it. We have had a number of injuries, but we never lost a great deal of expected contribution in my eyes. Paxton hurt, but did anyone expect a full or even half year from him? White was doing White things and we actually improved when he went out. Lewis was a loss, but he was probably an even WAR guy offensively. Others stepped up and replaced him.
But wouldn’t the Angels have a better chance or at least semi even odds as the Mariners? This is what I am just confused about. I know run differential is a thing which on paper gives the A’s a better chance but they are a stones throw away from them. But also on paper the Angels are a stones throw away from the M’s and have essentially two blockbuster trades coming back. I don’t know, like I said it isn’t necessarily logical just figure I’d toss it out.