• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mr Luck with No Reggie

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might as well give it up SJ. Stop beating your head against the wall. We're never going to convince them, and they aren't going to convince us on the Bradford issue. These guys would think Jack the Ripper was wonderful if he played QB for the Rams. Objectivity is lost on the delusional. In two, maybe three years when this all becomes academic because Bradford is sitting on the bench behind another QB somewhere, hopefully not here, we'll have our definitive proof on Bradford. But of course nobody will want to argue about it or admit they're wrong by then. We're just beating a dead horse right now. :deadhorse:

agreed, until that day happens it's a moot point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might as well give it up SJ. Stop beating your head against the wall. We're never going to convince them, and they aren't going to convince us on the Bradford issue. These guys would think Jack the Ripper was wonderful if he played QB for the Rams. Objectivity is lost on the delusional. In two, maybe three years when this all becomes academic because Bradford is sitting on the bench behind another QB somewhere, hopefully not here, we'll have our definitive proof on Bradford. But of course nobody will want to argue about it or admit they're wrong by then. We're just beating a dead horse right now. :deadhorse:
:rollseyes: :lame:

Everyone can complain but nobody has solutions.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes boss man what haaaaaay is wrong with me? Haha.

Everyone have a drink for me tonight. Let's watch Sunday and hope Clemens can get er done. :yahoo:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to believe in the Jekyll and Hyde rams team. Wow. This is another game like Houston, on the road. Luck looks like Sanchez and Clemens looks like the ultimate game manager. Lol

rams D is looking awesome!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When comparing Bradford to Luck, don't forget to compare their salaries :doh:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When comparing Bradford to Luck, don't forget to compare their salaries :doh:

what?!??! luck would get the same money maybe even more if the agreement with the nfl and players never happened.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?!??! luck would get the same money maybe even more if the agreement with the nfl and players never happened.

And how many teams would be okay with paying Luck 15mil/year vs paying Bradford that much?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still haven't seen a realistic scenario where someone can come in and replace Bradford and actually improve the team.

Roethlisberger is unhappy in Pittsburgh. They'll probably fire Todd Haley at the end of the season to appease Ben, but what about a Sam for Ben trade?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many teams would be okay with paying Luck 15mil/year vs paying Bradford that much?

Try and find one person that thinks Sam is a better QB than Luck. You probably can't find one even in the Bradford household. Your argument is against nobody.

Sam got the going rate as the #1 overall pick. So did Luck, but unfortunately for him the rules changed before he turned pro.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Seattle D was pretty good too, but good thing Bradford's DVOA is good! I'm sure it would have helped us out in the red zone versus Seattle!!

Thanks for the laugh.

Bradford is a better QB than Clemmens. Are you honestly telling us that the Rams would not have won that game with Bradford playing when the Rams D only gave up something like 140 total yards? I think they would have won both those games Clemmens starting and may have been sitting at 6-4 right now.

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The Rams would be at least 5-5 and probably 6-4 if Bradford were starting.

Here's something else - the Rams had 588 yards combined scrimmage/returns yesterday.

540 of it came from rookies or 1st year players. NO ONE is inexperienced as the Rams at the skill positions. I agree mine for talent, but one big thing I disagree with this staff is the fact we have no established vets to teach the kids.

So we've seen what their talent can do. And we've seen big plays by Austin before - they were just wiped out by penalties.

I think the Rams are in pretty good shape moving forward. I think with our cap issues it was a bit of a stretch to think we'd be truly competitive with San Fran and Seattle this year, with so many new players.

But there is a ton of talent on this team, and it could be very good in 2-3 years.

The big issue is Bradford's contract. He isn't a truly elite QB, though he's a good one, and he's being paid like one. We'll see what happens on that renegotiation - if he's greedy, he might be gone.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO ONE is inexperienced as the Rams at the skill positions. I agree mine for talent, but one big thing I disagree with this staff is the fact we have no established vets to teach the kids.

yeah im almost positive the announcers said that Brighman Young's Football squad is older than us :wtf2:

either that our it was a texas based school :noidea:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my area the game wasn't broadcast so I only saw the highlights and read the storylines. I can only assume that somebody must have locked Shottenheimer and Walton up in the locker room before that game and didn't let them out until there was no more opportunity for them to weave their "usual" magic on the team. It's just too mind boggling to see a team go from one extreme to the other like this. Somebody apparently figured out how to use Austin correctly. And maybe they also figured out that pressure defense is better than "lay back and get run over" defense. In any case I like to think that my profound criticism that the coaches obviously took to heart had something to do with the Rams' success on Sunday...:ss: Now I just hope that during the layoff they don't forget how they did it before the next game!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my area the game wasn't broadcast so I only saw the highlights and read the storylines. I can only assume that somebody must have locked Shottenheimer and Walton up in the locker room before that game and didn't let them out until there was no more opportunity for them to weave their "usual" magic on the team. It's just too mind boggling to see a team go from one extreme to the other like this. Somebody apparently figured out how to use Austin correctly. And maybe they also figured out that pressure defense is better than "lay back and get run over" defense. In any case I like to think that my profound criticism that the coaches obviously took to heart had something to do with the Rams' success on Sunday...:ss: Now I just hope that during the layoff they don't forget how they did it before the next game!

now i did see shottenheimer on the field, but i was more under the impression that Austin was being possessed by Issac Bruce. It was his birthday wasn't it?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they'd hire Torry Holt as a receiver's coach, that dude alone would turn this bunch of young, inexperienced, but talented corp of receivers around like yesterday.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my area the game wasn't broadcast so I only saw the highlights and read the storylines. I can only assume that somebody must have locked Shottenheimer and Walton up in the locker room before that game and didn't let them out until there was no more opportunity for them to weave their "usual" magic on the team.

Nope. Poor assumption. It was actually all their "usual magic". I watched every second of the game and as much as some fans would love to believe... the gameplan still hasn't changed much, at all.

Tavon's first TD was a deep ball (the only one of the game) on a double move, making for a simple toss and catch for Clemens.

The second one, however... Well, let's just say you really need to go find a replay of and check out the teamwork for yourself. A perfectly run route. Perfectly executed picks by Jared Cook and Chris Givens secured a completely free release for Austin on a "Schottenheimer-esque" 4 yard dump off, where Clemens hit Austin in stride. Also, what certainly shouldn't go unnoticed, was a phenomenal block by Brian Quick, who drove his defender completely off the field into the Rams' sideline, to clear the path. The rest was Austin's world-class speed, as he left the safties in his wake.

A four yard dump-off. That's it. Nothing fancy. Nothing "new". The play-calling doesn't get any more "Schotty" than that. It's truly remarkable what our boys are capable of when they actually run the plays. Isn't it? :clap:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Poor assumption. It was actually all their "usual magic". I watched every second of the game and as much as some fans would love to believe... the gameplan still hasn't changed much, at all.

Tavon's first TD was a deep ball (the only one of the game) on a double move, making for a simple toss and catch for Clemens.

The second one, however... Well, let's just say you really need to go find a replay of and check out the teamwork for yourself. A perfectly run route. Perfectly executed picks by Jared Cook and Chris Givens secured a completely free release for Austin on a "Schottenheimer-esque" 4 yard dump off, where Clemens hit Austin in stride. Also, what certainly shouldn't go unnoticed, was a phenomenal block by Brian Quick, who drove his defender completely off the field into the Rams' sideline, to clear the path. The rest was Austin's world-class speed, as he left the safties in his wake.

A four yard dump-off. That's it. Nothing fancy. Nothing "new". The play-calling doesn't get any more "Schotty" than that. It's truly remarkable what our boys are capable of when they actually run the plays. Isn't it? :clap:

+1 This !!!