• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Most delusional fan base

Most delusional fan base

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m amazed they still don’t have a top5 class.
Oh shoot, my bad.

The last team to win without a top 5 class was:

Clemson. 2018
Avg rank 11

You would think a Michigan man would be a little better at history.
Apparently 2 of the last 3 years is a little too close when your last real title was in the 40’s.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catching an elite coach is like catching lighting in a bottle. It's more luck than anything (Saban, Swinney). Sometimes they can be bought (Meyer). However, they are elite before they are bought.
Average coaches that win 9 or 10 games year in and year out, especially in big time programs, are not likely to ever become elite.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were true Florida, Miami, FSU, Tejas, Arizona, Ariz St, USC, UCLA, etc. etc. etc. would never fall on their faces.

It's more about culture, getting people developed, lined up properly, and winning. i.e. coaching.

Also two of the 22 best players ever nationally were Omaha boys in Johnny Rodgers and Dave Remington.

The '95 offense was 75% Nebraska kids. They just made very few mistakes, executed well, and punched punks in the mouth.

I mean, this is like the chicken and egg thing. You can't win with just recruiting, seen by FSU recently. Culture, recruiting, development, coaching all needs to be a high level to compete for championships nowadays. You aren't winning just by developing 3 stars. It would make CFB more interesting and give it a lot more parity but it's not the reality.

Regardless of the other factors and you need to accomplish them either way, you aren't getting to the promise land without top 3 classes or an elite QB.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shoot, my bad.

The last team to win without a top 5 class was:

Clemson. 2018
Avg rank 11

You would think a Michigan man would be a little better at history.
Apparently 2 of the last 3 years is a little too close when your last real title was in the 40’s.

Because they had an elite QB. If you have that you don't need top 5 classes.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 Clemson.
Avg class 13th.

Does google not work where you’re from?

Michigan fans just run their gums without ever doing any research. Once they're corrected they distract with "something, something, 4-8, something" type crap.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree with that. You need a good signal caller that the rest of the team can believe in.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

But TMIR didn’t put that caveat in his question.

I simply answered the question he posed to me.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite coaches get top recruiting classes.

Alabama and Clemson aren't getting blue chippers because of where they are.

Alabama has signed, I believe, 19 5 star recruits just from the state of Alabama under Saban. I’d wager Nebraska hasn’t signed 19 5 star recruits in their history.
And I’d guess the blue chip recruits from just the state of Alabama is over 50 during Saban’s time.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nebraska hype train is running pretty strong currently.
It isn't coming from Nebraska fans. We've heard all of the hype before. We're at the "show me" stage. That hype shit is coming from the national media.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair it's like 1 UCF fan.

Oklahoma State has one dude who likes to go on other boards and shit on people. I think his name is Southtulsapoke or something like that. Personally I wouldn't want an entire fanbase judged by one dude.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Michigan for really two reasons.

1) UCF only has one over the top poster. Michigan has 'multiple'.
2) I don't hear @UCFhonors bragging about losing the division last year.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you clearly dont know many Husker fans, we know where we are right now there is no question about it.............. You keep ignoring the Delusional aspect.... I dont know a single person who thinks nebraska is deserving of 24 rank i dont know a single person who thinks nebraska is back either..... i know a lot of husker fans......... nobody i know is buying the hype, i dont see anybody on this board pimping nebraska the way the media is (unless it is in jest)

If Brasky shows up, (if Nebraska is winning), then the pimping will begin. Brasky, I believe has welched on a bet.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2019 Predict Your Team's ***REGULAR*** Season Record

All these Michigan fans that talk like they are smart, do not predict their teams outcome. Only two did. Something tells me the others are afraid.

Michigan
MAIZEandBLUE09 Michigan 11-1
navamind Michigan 10-2

What is there to be afraid of? I honestly don’t know what we will see from UM this year, as we are running a completely different offense and would like to see it before putting anything in writing. It should be a much better fit for Shea Patterson, but we play 6 teams ranked in the preseason top 20, so if it is a mess, it will hurt us more than help.

If we played Nebraska’s schedule — I’d say 11-1 without hesitation. If they didn’t play OSU, I’d predict 12-0.

I’m leaning more towards 10-2 for our schedule, as I’m more of ‘show me’ you can beat OSU than saying they will. So I mark that as a loss until I see otherwise. They also play Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin and I think Iowa — so wouldn’t be surprised to see them drop one of those.