• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most complete win by Rams in years

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against one of the best teams in the league, the Rams play their best game in years. The defense, offense and special teams all dominated.

Fisher finally proved that he is what we were hoping for in a coach and had the Rams ready to play. It started when he made the correct decision and go with Shaun Hill as QB. Hill responded with a great game and no turnovers.

The defense finally played a complete game and even Zuerlein came through with two long over 50 yard field goals.

Best win for Rams in years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Nice to see the Rams get a dominating win, though unless we win out, we don't have a chance at making the playoffs and winning more games will make it that much harder from drafting a franchise QB next year.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been one to heap criticism on this team when they stunk up the place, but I also am willing to acknowledge a fine effort when one is put forth. And this was a great effort by the team. Only 3 penalties the entire game.....if we could do that every game that would go a long way towards curing our losing culture.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against one of the best teams in the league, the Rams play their best game in years. The defense, offense and special teams all dominated.

Fisher finally proved that he is what we were hoping for in a coach and had the Rams ready to play. It started when he made the correct decision and go with Shaun Hill as QB. Hill responded with a great game and no turnovers.

The defense finally played a complete game and even Zuerlein came through with two long over 50 yard field goals.

:agree:

While I'd like to have seen at least one more TD from the offense... it's tough to argue with the effort the Rams put forth today.

Well done, Rams... well done. :yahoo:

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was very surprised the Rams played the way they did. They deserve the win and I apologize for being a debbie-downer.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fisher proved nothing, it was one game where we played as well as we could and Denver didn't play very well at all, especially after losing 2 of their top3 receivers. Yes the Rams had a hand in Denver not playing well, but Fisher didn't prove anything. Earlier in the year he called that fake punt that helped us win, he will have his moments, but he has had how many years to prove himself and he hasn't yet!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you Smed, I am not a fan of Fisher either and believe he will only ever be a mediocre coach. But there is no denying that the Rams played determined, disciplined football in this one, even if Denver was somewhat handicapped. As Retro has so many times pointed out, winning is as much a mentality as the physical part of the game is. Mental mistakes, or lack thereof can cover a multitude of physical short-comings. Just look at New England. They haven't had the best talent every year, yet they seem to win consistently because of the prevailing mindset that the coaches have instilled. Let's hope the Rams can keep this up. Consistency will be the determining factor.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong defensive effort, 100 yard rusher, a few splash passing game plays and no turnovers. Yes please, can I have another?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong defensive effort, 100 yard rusher, a few splash passing game plays and no turnovers. Yes please, can I have another?
And defense with a stout running attack is the hallmark of a Jeff Fisher coached team so as Retroram says shops.... Stay tuned!

You know some of you may remember, Jeff's Titans beat the Rams in our Superbowl victory year by a great defensive effort and a stout running game behind Eddie George.

Jeff nearly beats the Greatest Show on Turf twice that year and thank God for Mike Jones or he gets that second win that year by that formula.

We are on track boyz!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good win! This is a confidence boost for our young players! I got to admit, I was a little nervous at the start of the 3rd qrt. But our defense kept Manning in check and our qb Hill was able to convert on 3rd down! ....and how about that Tre Mason??.... I saw Robinson pancake a guy clearing a path for him! Love it!

Hats off to our secondary! They played good all day! Gotta love the hit that McDonald made on that wr!

Overall this is our best effort put forth yet! Lets hope that this is only the beginning! :suds:

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great satisfying win. This was arguably the scariest game on the schedule on paper. The team really showed up yesterday, I don't even remember pointless bonehead penalties.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the most complete game I've seen them play to date. Hopefully they can string it together and take it to SD next week.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Zeke, except for the missed assignment in the second half that got Hill sacked, Robinson was kicking ass and I saw that pancake as well. He is rapidly developing into the LT that everyone envisioned he'd be and this means that Long's career maybe relegated to back-up or out-the-door even though he is still relatively young.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, retro. I was a fun game to watch and worth the Monday morning hangover!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had this sense like Sunday morning, we were going to do well. And when I saw the O-line kicking ass and the D hitting people like no tomorrow frustrating Manning to the point of exasperation, I knew we had a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Zeke, except for the missed assignment in the second half that got Hill sacked, Robinson was kicking ass and I saw that pancake as well. He is rapidly developing into the LT that everyone envisioned he'd be and this means that Long's career maybe relegated to back-up or out-the-door even though he is still relatively young.

yah...that scared the crap out of me. Could of been a fumble for a td! Hill got blindsided bigtime! :L:L We lucked out! The ball bounced our way for a change! Robinsons gotta learn from this.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will Zeke. I think this kid is well on his way to becoming a stud LT and may be on par with O-Pace by next year. I also think if that happens, Jake Long's days as a starter are in jeopardy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will Zeke. I think this kid is well on his way to becoming a stud LT and may be on par with O-Pace by next year. I also think if that happens, Jake Long's days as a Ram are in jeopardy.

Corrected! :nod: