• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6, Carolina Panthers @ Los Angeles Rams, Sofi Stadium, Sunday, 10/16/2022, 1:05PM, PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are going to take the Bye week to field trade offers for Akers. The problem and the reason Akers is not playing? Philosophical differences between McShit-fer-Brains and Akers. That is obvious. Akers wants the Rams to run the ball more and McShit-fer-Brains is obsessed with the pass and will never run the ball more.

I think there is more to this than a lot of peeps won't admit but so be it. This is sort of what happened with Gurley after the 2018 Snooperbowl. Alot of pissing going on and in Gurley's case, he became a locker room cancer. The same appears to be happening with Akers.

Apparently McVay does not tolerate any sort of player dissension. You are all in or you are out the door. Sounds much like Belicheat and like said coach, McVay and Snead seem to have a ready stream of players who can do the job just as good if not better like the Rams drafted Akers to replace Gurley and with peeps like Alaric Jackson, Takk McKinley, and Colton Shelton.

So we shall see how this plays out but one thing is for sure, Akers days playing for the Rams are over.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are going to take the Bye week to field trade offers for Akers. The problem and the reason Akers is not playing? Philosophical differences between McShit-fer-Brains and Akers. That is obvious. Akers wants the Rams to run the ball more and McShit-fer-Brains is obsessed with the pass and will never run the ball more.

I think there is more to this than a lot of peeps won't admit but so be it. This is sort of what happened with Gurley after the 2018 Snooperbowl. Alot of pissing going on and in Gurley's case, he became a locker room cancer. The same appears to be happening with Akers.

Apparently McVay does not tolerate any sort of player dissension. You are all in or you are out the door. Sounds much like Belicheat and like said coach, McVay and Snead seem to have a ready stream of players who can do the job just as good if not better like the Rams drafted Akers to replace Gurley and with peeps like Alaric Jackson, Takk McKinley, and Colton Shelton.

So we shall see how this plays out but one thing is for sure, Akers days playing for the Rams are over.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams O-line wasn't in good enough shape to compete, when they all go down with injuries before the 6th game of the season something has to change with their physical reediness.
That’s what happens when your starters don’t play in preseason or play very little.

OTA’s don’t get you in game shape when you are in shorts and only shoulder pads.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina wants multiple Number Ones for Christian McCaffery and the Rams don't have a Number One pick for two more years. The Panthers are not interested in player swaps either. But the Rams are apparently going to wait until the Chargers rookie RB Spiller comes back from injury to see if Michel becomes available and then obtain him to fill the void that Akers will leave. The Rams should have signed him to the PS when they had the chance.

No way anyone gives Carolina multiple 1st’s for a 26 yr old RB who is coming off 2 injury plagued season.

They are dreaming.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, when Akers is averaging the lowest ypc for any player with 125 carries or more, and missing some of the biggest running lanes I have ever seen, has no room to be questioning play calling.

Maybe if he was averaging more than 3.0 ypc McVay would call more running plays.

Hard to dial up a run when it’s 2 yards and a pile of dust.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As anticipated, Noteboom is done for the year and maybe his career is over. Achilles Rupture is the diagnosis. He should just call it a career after rehab. He has a ring and he ain't going to be any better after rehab, so I think it is time to hang 'em up there Joe.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As anticipated, Noteboom is done for the year and maybe his career is over. Achilles Rupture is the diagnosis. He should just call it a career after rehab. He has a ring and he ain't going to be any better after rehab, so I think it is time to hang 'em up there Joe.

More wasted money Retro

He was terrible before the injury, he is going to be even less mobile after the injury.

Man, they just make bad decisions with signings.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if the Rams got a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Akers with the way he has looked since his injury.

And what team is desperate enough at RB to pay that price to hope Akers returns to form?
I'd be happy to see A Rob go, he can take little turd with him too. Time to flush this deuce. After seeing some highlights from the game, if they can continue to use him in the R.Woods capacity then it wouldn't be a wasted signing. I'd like to see what they continue to do there.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys coming back for sure after the Bye are: Allen (ah shit), Jefferson (has been practicing and looks full strength), and Brown (served his 6-game suspension for PEDs). Troy Hill and Cobie Durant are also due back.

McShit-fer-Brains mentioned these players but he stopped short of saying whether Allen is immediately going to re-join the O-Line as a starter. In fact, McShit-fer-Brains is pleasantly surprised and excited that the O-line of (from L-R): Jackson, Evans, Kolone, Aboushi, and Havenstein is the one that looks like the one from last year.

McShit-fer-Brains is VERY reticent to screw with that O-line configuration just to put in an ex-starter back from injury because of his fear of damaging and losing that O-line's present level of play and having to construct another iteration of the O-line to get back what he now has.

If Kolone plays bad or gets hurt, THEN we will probably see Sieve-Boy back at Center but McShit-fer-Brains is NOT going to rush Allen back and eff-up a pretty damn good O-line that is playing like last year's version on the cheap no less (except for Havenstein).

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy to see A Rob go, he can take little turd with him too. Time to flush this deuce. After seeing some highlights from the game, if they can continue to use him in the R.Woods capacity then it wouldn't be a wasted signing. I'd like to see what they continue to do there.
The guy that is wowing everyone as a combo of the Little Turd 3.0 and Blanton is Skowronek who is very versatile and very productive. I agree with moving Atwell out the door. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Rams trade Akers and Atwell to the Broncos for Meinerz? It would def be a CYA move for sure! Lol!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina wants multiple Number Ones for Christian McCaffery and the Rams don't have a Number One pick for two more years. The Panthers are not interested in player swaps either. But the Rams are apparently going to wait until the Chargers rookie RB Spiller comes back from injury to see if Michel becomes available and then obtain him to fill the void that Akers will leave. The Rams should have signed him to the PS when they had the chance.

I don't think Mccaffery is worth all of that. He has been injured more than he has been on the field lately. He isn't a Marshal Faulk that's for sure.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Paxton Aliens GIF - Bill Paxton Aliens Great - Discover & Share GIFs

Aliens Game Over Man GIF - Aliens Game Over Man Burning - Discover & Share  GIFs