• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Breaking News

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the wrestling world has been nuts the last month or so.

Two items today:

Ric Flair was granted his release from WWE.

Adam Cole's contract expires after Summerslam

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the wrestling world has been nuts the last month or so.

Two items today:

Ric Flair was granted his release from WWE.

Adam Cole's contract expires after Summerslam

The release of Flair isn't that big of a deal but Adam Cole leaving would be. I saw this today and this could explain why that guy was fired if he was this bad at keeping people in the company up to date on Superstars contracts;

PWInsider.com can also confirm that the timing of the company learning of the Cole contract issue very much lines up with the timing of the departure of Canyon Ceman.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The release of Flair isn't that big of a deal but Adam Cole leaving would be. I saw this today and this could explain why that guy was fired if he was this bad at keeping people in the company up to date on Superstars contracts;

PWInsider.com can also confirm that the timing of the company learning of the Cole contract issue very much lines up with the timing of the departure of Canyon Ceman.

Long term, Flair isn't a big deal. But its a nice name to have if he were to go to AEW (which seems obvious) in the short term. They do a great job with their old talent pairing them up with younger guys and obviously, they've got the 4 Horsemen reunion deal they could work with him, Arn, and Tully.

Cole would definitely be the bigger deal if he were to leave. It sounds like he may (wisely) be using this situation for leverage since his contract expired weeks ago but agreed to work thru Summerslam. He was arguably the biggest star on the indys prior to going to WWE and would instantly be a star if he went to AEW. He's done all there is to do in NXT. Might be using this as a chance to get a bigger payday and some more concrete guarantees for how he'll be used on the main roster in WWE.

Also about the Cemen (giggity) stuff, he also had that hiccup of not updating Black's non-compete from 30 to 90 days. So yeah, not looking like that guy was doing a good job, lol

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long term, Flair isn't a big deal. But its a nice name to have if he were to go to AEW (which seems obvious) in the short term. They do a great job with their old talent pairing them up with younger guys and obviously, they've got the 4 Horsemen reunion deal they could work with him, Arn, and Tully.

Cole would definitely be the bigger deal if he were to leave. It sounds like he may (wisely) be using this situation for leverage since his contract expired weeks ago but agreed to work thru Summerslam. He was arguably the biggest star on the indys prior to going to WWE and would instantly be a star if he went to AEW. He's done all there is to do in NXT. Might be using this as a chance to get a bigger payday and some more concrete guarantees for how he'll be used on the main roster in WWE.

Also about the Cemen (giggity) stuff, he also had that hiccup of not updating Black's non-compete from 30 to 90 days. So yeah, not looking like that guy was doing a good job, lol
For the Horsemen, they could always bring back JJ for an appearance and Sting was with the Horsemen for a short time. So if Flair came in, it could easily be done.
No doubt Cole has plenty of leverage right now. On one side, he has his girlfriend and his old buddies from New Japan/ROH. On the other side, he gets to work with Shawn and Hunter, which were childhood icons to him. I’d be very shocked if he moved to the main roster (if he was re-signed) and was used to the best of his abilities. I feel like he would be happier in AEW long term and have a much easier schedule.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we don’t hear anything on Cole re-signing before SS his match with O’Reiley is gonna be interesting. If he loses the speculation is gonna be huge on if he put him over before leaving because if WWE knows he’s leaving I don’t see them booking him to go over.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem with Cole is realistically he should only go to the main roster sporadically. NXT is WWE’s AEW. But with AEW aren’t they started to collect enough releases from the WWE that their roster is going the WCW route where isn’t enough spots.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Cole is realistically he should only go to the main roster sporadically. NXT is WWE’s AEW. But with AEW aren’t they started to collect enough releases from the WWE that their roster is going the WCW route where isn’t enough spots.
No question the AEW roster is starting to get a bit bloated. They can easily cut people like Joey Janela, Sonny Kiss, TH2, Marko Stunt, Big Swole and some of the Japanese women that are rarely around to start out. Doubt any of them would probably be missed.

Last edited:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I hear this comparison often but the WWF attitude era roster was made up almost entirely of ex WCW/NWA talent too (Steve Austin, Taker, HHH, Jericho, Big Show, Pillman, Benoit, Mick Foley)

I have no problem with signing talent from a competitor as long as the creative is better and different and its not at the expense of their homegrown stars.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear this comparison often but the WWF attitude era roster was made up almost entirely of ex WCW/NWA talent too (Steve Austin, Taker, HHH, Jericho, Big Show, Pillman, Benoit, Mick Foley)

I have no problem with signing talent from a competitor as long as the creative is better and different and its not at the expense of their homegrown stars.
But you can’t exactly compare the WCW to attitude era to right now Adam Cole. All those other guys outside of Benoit and Jericho were too small and only Benoit was being semi pushed. Cole is too small to be legitimate on the main roster and is NXT. It would be a lot better for him to go to AEW rather than using it to negotiate being on the main WWE roster.

The only comparison I was making with WCW is WCW collected a whole bunch of former WWE stars and then the roster got too big. In the attitude era the WWE talent roster wasn’t as big as it appears AEW is getting.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But you can’t exactly compare the WCW to attitude era to right now Adam Cole. All those other guys outside of Benoit and Jericho were too small and only Benoit was being semi pushed. Cole is too small to be legitimate on the main roster and is NXT. It would be a lot better for him to go to AEW rather than using it to negotiate being on the main WWE roster.

The only comparison I was making with WCW is WCW collected a whole bunch of former WWE stars and then the roster got too big. In the attitude era the WWE talent roster wasn’t as big as it appears AEW is getting.

I agree with most of this.

I think what happened is they were signing almost anyone with star power from WWE because there were so few options and now there are too many options because of the mass releases.

Cole's an obvious signing if available because of his connection with Baker, the Elite and his role in NXT but otherwise it should only be a major star who moves the needle or an underutilized talent they can sign at the right price.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flair was asked and granted. He was upset by creative.

Cole leaving would be ginormous. I have never understood why they didn't call him up.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this.

I think what happened is they were signing almost anyone with star power from WWE because there were so few options and now there are too many options because of the mass releases.

Cole's an obvious signing if available because of his connection with Baker, the Elite and his role in NXT but otherwise it should only be a major star who moves the needle or an underutilized talent they can sign at the right price.
Without question. I was just saying I think it is foolish for Cole to bargain his contract for the main roster. AEW is honestly better suited for him because NXT will never be anything more than a third brand….but how will that go over with AEW fans that Punk, Cole and Bryan are pushing everyone else down.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without question. I was just saying I think it is foolish for Cole to bargain his contract for the main roster. AEW is honestly better suited for him because NXT will never be anything more than a third brand….but how will that go over with AEW fans that Punk, Cole and Bryan are pushing everyone else down.

cole is an in athletic midget

compare him to the smaller guys aew already has. They’re better

I hope he just goes back to RoH

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cole is an in athletic midget

compare him to the smaller guys aew already has. They’re better

I hope he just goes back to RoH
A company that featured Orange Cassidy can’t be throwing stones at a midget. A midget would kick his ass.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A company that featured Orange Cassidy can’t be throwing stones at a midget. A midget would kick his ass.

when they haven’t figured out how to use guys like pac and the lucha bros, downgrading to Cole seems silly

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when they haven’t figured out how to use guys like pac and the lucha bros, downgrading to Cole seems silly
Cole >>>>>>Pac

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or better yet, Marko Stunt.

Agree to disagree here.
You really thing a single promoter would choose Pac over Cole? I’ll admit I have fast forward every time he has come on my tv so I may have a bias.