• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestling Free Agency just keeps getting wilder

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t there a legit bloodline person who’s champ in another promotion?

You talking about Jacob Fatu in MLW?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency tidbit news of the day via Dave Meltzer

Who out there could possibly a "much bigger major free agent" than Jay White? Kota Ibushi is out there but given his age and the fact that he's kind of beat up, I wouldn't rank him above Jay White. He's still a star, don't get me wrong, but White is the kind of guy that you can plug into your main event scene right now and he'll still be there 10 years from now. Kenny Omega's deal is up some time this year, maybe WWE is prioritizing him? (I'd still prefer White in that scenario if I were running a company). Maybe an MMA star looking to crossover?
Would this maybe be MJF, even though his deal isn’t up for another 10 months? If it was Omega, it’d be fine by me if he left there as I agree that I’d much rather watch Jay White.
I don’t know of too many MMA guys that’d be a massive draw (anyone that follows it, feel free to correct me if there’d be others as I haven’t followed it too closely for a while now) unless it was someone like Connor MacGregor.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would this maybe be MJF, even though his deal isn’t up for another 10 months? If it was Omega, it’d be fine by me if he left there as I agree that I’d much rather watch Jay White.
I don’t know of too many MMA guys that’d be a massive draw (anyone that follows it, feel free to correct me if there’d be others as I haven’t followed it too closely for a while now) unless it was someone like Connor MacGregor.

I think Francis Ngannou and Daniel Cormier have expressed interest in pro wrestling in the past.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Francis Ngannou and Daniel Cormier have expressed interest in pro wrestling in the past.
Wasn’t thinking of them. Only others I could think of would possibly be the Diaz brothers.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Free agency tidbit news of the day via Dave Meltzer

Who out there could possibly a "much bigger major free agent" than Jay White? Kota Ibushi is out there but given his age and the fact that he's kind of beat up, I wouldn't rank him above Jay White. He's still a star, don't get me wrong, but White is the kind of guy that you can plug into your main event scene right now and he'll still be there 10 years from now. Kenny Omega's deal is up some time this year, maybe WWE is prioritizing him? (I'd still prefer White in that scenario if I were running a company). Maybe an MMA star looking to crossover?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, I saw the initial report. I wouldn't put much into it just yet. The gist of the initial report was WWE feels like they have chance to sign him when he becomes available. That's not news. Of course the #1 wrestling company in the world is gonna feel like they have a chance to sign the top wrestlers when they become available.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More intrigue last night that points to Jay White going to WWE

He lost his match to Eddie Kingston where they added a stip that if White lost, he had to leave NJPW. Not just shows Japan (which he had already lost), but the entire promotion.

One would think if he were going to AEW, NJPW shows would still be on the table since a handful of AEW stars still wrestle there.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it means anything wrestling wise though ya never know but the Bellas are no longer going by their WWE names and will be doing all their media as The Garcias

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Doubt it means anything wrestling wise though ya never know but the Bellas are no longer going by their WWE names and will be doing all their media as The Garcias

Not to state the obvious but Danielson being married to a "Garcia" means an open invitation to the rival promotion, right?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to state the obvious but Danielson being married to a "Garcia" means an open invitation to the rival promotion, right?

I mean sure, but they're big enough stars to where TK would have interest anyway. But I'm not sure the Twins actually want to wrestle any more, especially full time.