• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestling Free Agency just keeps getting wilder

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally no one has used that term for Sasha fans, again, you seem to know absolutely nothing about this business yet you act like you are the supreme authority of everything pro wrestling.
Q hates women

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the sheetz is Sasha Banks will be at New Japan's WrestleKingdom in January. Belief is she's a free agent on Jan 1st and is free to appear anywhere.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the sheetz is Sasha Banks will be at New Japan's WrestleKingdom in January. Belief is she's a free agent on Jan 1st and is free to appear anywhere.
I’m surprised that they didn’t freeze her contract.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m surprised that they didn’t freeze her contract.

They might have. Maybe that's why its been this long since she's been anywhere.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word came out back in June that the first wrestling appearance she would be making would be at Wrestle Kingdom. People just have the attention span of gnats.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word came out back in June that the first wrestling appearance she would be making would be at Wrestle Kingdom. People just have the attention span of gnats.

Those were just rumors based on comments in the past that she had dreamed of wrestling in Japan one day. This is more concrete

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were just rumors based on comments in the past that she had dreamed of wrestling in Japan one day. This is more concrete
dont think so. It all started that WWE wont sign her because she was committed to it.

I just wonder why Naomi has not signed. Maybe she does not want to drag the Usos into a Judgement day debacle.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kota Ibushi is now a free agent and already announced his first show, a GCW event in March.

I guarantee he'll be in AEW by Double or Nothing (May or June, too lazy to look it up)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s already a ton of rumors of Jay White heading to WWE and I’m sure this only adds fuel to the fire.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s already a ton of rumors of Jay White heading to WWE and I’m sure this only adds fuel to the fire.

There was like a story where he signed a 7 year deal back in 2018 with NJPW (so he's still got several years left) and in all of the recent speculation posts about him, no one ever mentions it. So did he actually sign a deal back then, he's trolling now (which he's been known to do), and the sheets know it but are putting stuff out there for clicks or were they wrong about the length of the deal back in 2018 and he's actually a free agent some time this year? It'd be nice if one place could get a definitive answer.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was like a story where he signed a 7 year deal back in 2018 with NJPW (so he's still got several years left) and in all of the recent speculation posts about him, no one ever mentions it. So did he actually sign a deal back then, he's trolling now (which he's been known to do), and the sheets know it but are putting stuff out there for clicks or were they wrong about the length of the deal back in 2018 and he's actually a free agent some time this year? It'd be nice if one place could get a definitive answer.

Really....

I read somewhere that he is a States bound Fa about a month ago

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kota Ibushi is now a free agent and already announced his first show, a GCW event in March.

I guarantee he'll be in AEW by Double or Nothing (May or June, too lazy to look it up)

May. I know the long weekend it always comes up on

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really....

I read somewhere that he is a States bound Fa about a month ago

Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. A few years ago, I think it was Meltzer that reported White signed a 7 year deal back in 2018. But none of these recent reports make any reference to it. They just say "White is leaving NJPW when he his deal is up" implying that his deal is up real soon (like any time now). That can't be true if he signed a 7 year deal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White lost his loser leaves Japan match. Technically he can still wrestle for NJPW in the States, but definitely looking like his time with the company is at an end (got one more match with Eddie Kingston stateside)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency tidbit news of the day via Dave Meltzer

It is not clear what is next for White, although one would suspect WWE or AEW would be his next destination, because nothing else would make sense. Those in WWE who would normally know of major acquisitions during Mania season didn't know about this one and only said that there was a much bigger major free agent in play right now that was internally the priority.

Who out there could possibly a "much bigger major free agent" than Jay White? Kota Ibushi is out there but given his age and the fact that he's kind of beat up, I wouldn't rank him above Jay White. He's still a star, don't get me wrong, but White is the kind of guy that you can plug into your main event scene right now and he'll still be there 10 years from now. Kenny Omega's deal is up some time this year, maybe WWE is prioritizing him? (I'd still prefer White in that scenario if I were running a company). Maybe an MMA star looking to crossover?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency tidbit news of the day via Dave Meltzer

Who out there could possibly a "much bigger major free agent" than Jay White? Kota Ibushi is out there but given his age and the fact that he's kind of beat up, I wouldn't rank him above Jay White. He's still a star, don't get me wrong, but White is the kind of guy that you can plug into your main event scene right now and he'll still be there 10 years from now. Kenny Omega's deal is up some time this year, maybe WWE is prioritizing him? (I'd still prefer White in that scenario if I were running a company). Maybe an MMA star looking to crossover?

I don’t know when his contract’s up but I did just see a report recently where Tama Tonga said WWE is pursuing him hard so it could be him.

While not a member of the Bloodline family Riskishi and his father were extremely close.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know when his contract’s up but I did just see a report recently where Tama Tonga said WWE is pursuing him hard so it could be him.

While not a member of the Bloodline family Riskishi and his father were extremely close.

Yeah, I remember reading that WWE was interested in him, but they'd be insane to prioritize Tama Tonga over any of those other guys

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I remember reading that WWE was interested in him, but they'd be insane to prioritize Tama Tonga over any of those other guys

Isn’t there a legit bloodline person who’s champ in another promotion?