• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestling Free Agency just keeps getting wilder

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New update from Fightful, though its not really much of an update, is Gargano hasn't signed a new deal and is officially a free agent. I think most people already knew that but the only tidbit I find that could potentially shed some new light is they said he turned down multiple WWE offers. Maybe he really does just want to wait until after his kid is born and think things over then, but if wrestling free agency (when AEW started) has taught us anything, its those that intend to stay with WWE don't turn down contracts. I can't think of a single soon to be free agent that declined offers, hit free agency, and then re-signed with WWE. Cesaro came the closest but he re-signed like a month out.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big name is gone

Wow, surprising, most AEW marks already had him penciled in on their roster.

But, did we honestly think KO's fat ass was gonna leave all that good catering in the WWE? LOL.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big name is gone

I'm somewhat surprised he stayed. I was about 60/40 split him leaving vs staying. All his friends are in AEW now, their schedule is more appealing (less dates), and his style of wrestling (less scripted vs WWE's overproduced storytelling) is more of a fit. WWE must have thrown him a big check that he couldn't turn down and could use AEW for leverage to get some more days off.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm somewhat surprised he stayed. I was about 60/40 split him leaving vs staying. All his friends are in AEW now, their schedule is more appealing (less dates), and his style of wrestling (less scripted vs WWE's overproduced storytelling) is more of a fit. WWE must have thrown him a big check that he couldn't turn down and could use AEW for leverage to get some more days off.

Looking at it from an AEW perspective I think there are diminishing returns from all the high profile former PWG/ROH signings. What fan would Kevin Owens bring to the show that isn't already watching to see Danielson, Cole, Omega, Punk etc.

I see Gargano as an option because his size might be a limitation on the main roster. Bray makes sense as he brings an entirely new dynamic and fanbase. But the 2005-2015 indie favorites might be a bit redundant at this point.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at it from an AEW perspective I think there are diminishing returns from all the high profile former PWG/ROH signings. What fan would Kevin Owens bring to the show that isn't already watching to see Danielson, Cole, Omega, Punk etc.

I see Gargano as an option because his size might be a limitation on the main roster. Bray makes sense as he brings an entirely new dynamic and fanbase. But the 2005-2015 indie favorites might be a bit redundant at this point.
I am in agreement with JR in that Jeff Hardy would be a no brainer if he is actually clean. He’s a proven draw. There’s other talent out there that are good but don’t see many that’d actually move the needle on viewership or ratings.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in agreement with JR in that Jeff Hardy would be a no brainer if he is actually clean. He’s a proven draw. There’s other talent out there that are good but don’t see many that’d actually move the needle on viewership or ratings.

Don’t think Hardy is a draw at all.

It would be nice to add another tag team as guys like jungle boy start to get more of a singles push, but a draw is pushing it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I agree with that one too.

The promotion puts a focus on tag team wrestling and FTR/Hardys, Lucha Bros/Hardys, and YB/Hardys on bigger stage would be draws.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'd bring in more fans than you think. His career in WWE has been longer than it has one the Indies. I'm sure there's plenty of people that just know KO from his WWE days. And Owens is good enough to be at the top of the card right away. Unlike guys like Danielson or Punk, who are older and might not be around beyond a couple of years, Owens would have been a good investment for now and years down the road.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that one too.

The promotion puts a focus on tag team wrestling and FTR/Hardys, Lucha Bros/Hardys, and YB/Hardys on bigger stage would be draws.
I can see them getting one last run as the Hardy’s. Jeff would have to do most of the heavy lifting since Matt can’t move all that great anymore. I’d even add the Briscoe’s if AEW decides to sign them.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Sean Ross Sapp and Fightful, Sami Zayn re-signed with WWE

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting development with Sasha Banks from PWInsider today. She's filed for several trademarks;

Mercedes Mone'
Mone' Talks
Bank Mone'
Statement Maker

Doesn't necessarily mean she's not going back to WWE. A couple of years ago Charlotte filed trademarks for "The Queen of Wrestling" and "Ashley Flair" but she's still with WWE.

Also, those names suck. "Mercedes Banks" is a lot better than "Mercedes Mone' "

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting development with Sasha Banks from PWInsider today. She's filed for several trademarks;

Mercedes Mone'
Mone' Talks
Bank Mone'
Statement Maker

Doesn't necessarily mean she's not going back to WWE. A couple of years ago Charlotte filed trademarks for "The Queen of Wrestling" and "Ashley Flair" but she's still with WWE.

Also, those names suck. "Mercedes Banks" is a lot better than "Mercedes Mone' "

Considering her other interests a non-wwe brand would make more sense for her as they seem to have more flexibility scheduling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering her other interests a non-wwe brand would make more sense for her as they seem to have more flexibility scheduling

Part of the trademark filings are for jewelry and fashion so there's that. But its also for entertainment including pro wrestling so it seems like she's setting herself up to have options in everything

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the trademark filings are for jewelry and fashion so there's that. But its also for entertainment including pro wrestling so it seems like she's setting herself up to have options in everything

Curios how that one works out (re jewelery)

There’s a reason her fans are called the Sasha simp army…

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curios how that one works out (re jewelery)

There’s a reason her fans are called the Sasha simp army…
Literally no one has used that term for Sasha fans, again, you seem to know absolutely nothing about this business yet you act like you are the supreme authority of everything pro wrestling.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally no one has used that term for Sasha fans, again, you seem to know absolutely nothing about this business yet you act like you are the supreme authority of everything pro wrestling.

This is some nice projection there

Great work