• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CM Punk might actually be coming back this time

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He paraphrased the opening of the Pipebomb promo

Punk to Cena:

""John Cena, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me."

MJF to Jericho:

"Chris, as you sit there in more pain than you've ever been in your entire life, I need you to listen to me."

That's too close to not be intentional
Yep. Way way too close

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kind of Shocked they're doing this late Friday night EST. Not the best timeslot to pop a rating but the atmospheres going to be electric

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
More I think about it maybe that's Punks first match but the first promo is the Wednesday before or after as the promo in this case might an even bigger draw.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of Shocked they're doing this late Friday night EST. Not the best timeslot to pop a rating but the atmospheres going to be electric

I think its pretty smart. The date is what, Rampage's 2nd or 3rd show? This is a great way to get people to tune into a new show and get people use to the timeslot. And while every week won't be CM Punk level, it at least shows that AEW is gonna put content on the show that's worth checking out. It's not gonna be some throwaway show like WWE Sunday Night Heat or WCW Saturday Night (after Nitro started)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If(and at this point it's likely when) Punk debuts for AEW how do you use him so he doesn't come across as what he used to criticize WWE for back before he left. He would rail against them for bringing back old guys no matter how big of a name and giving them big paydays and spots and the young talent would have to take a backseat and lower spot on the card to accommodate them. Well now Punk is the old guy coming in because he's a big name and taking tv time and roster placement from the up and comers. Unless he comes back and loses he's now the main thing he hated.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think its pretty smart. The date is what, Rampage's 2nd or 3rd show? This is a great way to get people to tune into a new show and get people use to the timeslot. And while every week won't be CM Punk level, it at least shows that AEW is gonna put content on the show that's worth checking out. It's not gonna be some throwaway show like WWE Sunday Night Heat or WCW Saturday Night (after Nitro started)

I can see that line of thinking but Dynamite's ratings tanked on the Friday night time slot even as their only show. Just a really tough night but if theres anything AEW can do for a big one time rating this would be it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that line of thinking but Dynamite's ratings tanked on the Friday night time slot even as their only show. Just a really tough night but if theres anything AEW can do for a big one time rating this would be it.

Dynamite is a 2 hr show though. The 11pm hour drags down the ratings a lot which is a big reason why the numbers went down (also NBA competition). A 1 hr show shouldn't be too bad.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would totally steal The Outsiders storyline. Not go full NWO but....

Bryan Danielson shows up out of nowhere and interrupts a match. He claims he is bringing someone with him. The next week he shows up with CM Punk. They claim there is a third man. They take shots at baby faces and heels alike. Then, in a pivotal segment, John Moxley is revealed to be the Third Man.

But that's where it stops.

Just with these three.

You don't get to have half the roster joining with them.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put Becky in the cage with rousey and see if she lasts longer than punk did.

I got my money on punk

Astronauts have made it into space with less time training than Punk had for his first fight.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would totally steal The Outsiders storyline. Not go full NWO but....

Bryan Danielson shows up out of nowhere and interrupts a match. He claims he is bringing someone with him. The next week he shows up with CM Punk. They claim there is a third man. They take shots at baby faces and heels alike. Then, in a pivotal segment, John Moxley is revealed to be the Third Man.

But that's where it stops.

Just with these three.

You don't get to have half the roster joining with them.
Eh, CM Punk needs to come in and instead of a pipebomb he needs to drop a nuclear bomb. Shitting on all of the fans, wrestlers and Tony Khan. “He is only here for a paycheck and doesn’t care about all these men and women who should be working at McDonalds instead of playing wrestler” But then just make him a mercenary character where it is all about the money.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, CM Punk needs to come in and instead of a pipebomb he needs to drop a nuclear bomb. Shitting on all of the fans, wrestlers and Tony Khan. “He is only here for a paycheck and doesn’t care about all these men and women who should be working at McDonalds instead of playing wrestler” But then just make him a mercenary character where it is all about the money.

I love this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. The bloom is kinda off the rose a bit. He'll get the loud Chicago pop, it'll be fine the first few months, but then there's not really much appeal there anymore

Most wrestlers aren’t actually draws

Wwe tried to force some

I’d venture only Rollins and reigns are actually draws in wwe

It’s like espn now

The network creates stars,
And they can afford to let them go

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Meh. The bloom is kinda off the rose a bit. He'll get the loud Chicago pop, it'll be fine the first few months, but then there's not really much appeal there anymore

I think he's arguably the best promo in wrestling. I'd watch him in any company

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's arguably the best promo in wrestling. I'd watch him in any company

He’s more of a draw than the trash they tired to make draws like Becky and Bianca

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they are basically trading one grizzled veteran for another with Edge going to AEW

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we getting serious now.

Living Colour, the band that performs Punk's long time entrance song Cult of Personality, just followed AEW on social media.

Lock it up! It's a done deal
thought they broke up years ago.once opened for the stones tour in the 80s
probably go back to the wwe with vince on leave and triple h running things

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they are basically trading one grizzled veteran for another with Edge going to AEW

I spend too much time with wrestling. I read "one grizzled veteran" as "grizzled young veterans" (who are rumored to be leaving WWE to go to AEW) and got really confused. :L

But yeah, lol. It's kinda like an Edge for CM Punk trade.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spend too much time with wrestling. I read "one grizzled veteran" as "grizzled young veterans" (who are rumored to be leaving WWE to go to AEW) and got really confused. :L

But yeah, lol. It's kinda like an Edge for CM Punk trade.
While I don’t think Edge is a needle mover like Punk, he definitely isn’t going to have all the drama and chaos following him like Punk either.