• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montreal Alouettes sign Troy Smith to a two-year contract

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

Hey @AlbertBreer! The Montreal @MTLAlouettes signed QB Troy Smith, formerly of Ohio State, to a two-year deal.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I thought Troy Smith was the next great franchise QB for the Niners. ???

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who feels a small amount of satisfaction that Alex Smith is still starting in the NFL for another team when the list of "He's a franchise QB because he isn't Smith" guys are either out of the NFL or still a backup. I mean, I'm not cheering that they failed, but that schtick of saying everyone was better than Alex Smith was annoying.

Shaun Hill - Backup Lions
JTO - Out
Troy Smith - Out
Nate Davis - Out

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who feels a small amount of satisfaction that Alex Smith is still starting in the NFL for another team when the list of "He's a franchise QB because he isn't Smith" guys are either out of the NFL or still a backup. I mean, I'm not cheering that they failed, but that schtick of saying everyone was better than Alex Smith was annoying.

JTO - Out
Troy Smith - Out
Nate Davis - Out

I'm just glad all of that is over. The QB drama is now the Jets problem. The difference though is Alex was never as bad as Sanchez accept during his rookie season. I'm not sold Geno Smith is really a franchise guy, but he's not Mark so he's their football savior right now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JTO - Out
Troy Smith - Out
Nate Davis - Out

I got the best of both worlds. My team is winning, I don't have the potential conflict of my favorite QB being second best for my team, I get to still see Alex start for a team not in our division/conference, and none of the know-nothing coaches or their QBs are coaching/starting. Kaepernick eases the Aaron Rodgers thing, too. I don't care if anyone on the Chiefs would help them more than Smith. I just want him to start. Here, I wanted to win and Kaepernick was us a better fit for us, which was happy for us but not Smith.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JTO - Out
Troy Smith - Out
Nate Davis - Out

:lol:

That was the ESPN clowns. Cazic, freebase, and their minions. They wanted Kolb and praised Arizona for spending millions on him. Then it was McNabb. Then Troy Smith. Troy Smith couldn't even accurately throw a five yard slant from the pocket. Singeltary once said that teams figured out how to stop Troy Smith and I think he was right on that one. JTO (Just TurnIt Over) - Had Deberg syndrome.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the bandwagon. There might be a middle seat between two fat guys somewhere in the back.

Not on the bandwagon buddy! I'm a pure 49er fan, just didn't remember who that player was.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on the bandwagon buddy! I'm a pure 49er fan, just didn't remember who that player was.

How? Not challenging your fandom, but that was pretty recent and seemed pretty big. We're all trying to forget that time of being a fan... how did you manage to do so? Share your tips... ;)