• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Momma Lynch Hates Bevel To......

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Rodgers or Brady hands the ball off there? Not fair to compare Wilson to those two? Then why the fuck are we paying him like he is?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an option. The offensive players don't know what's coming.

And what's our percentage of him keeping in that option? And where's the point of attack for either option on that? Stupid play call. I don't understand how people still defend this clown.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what's our percentage of him keeping in that option? And where's the point of attack for either option on that? Stupid play call. I don't understand how people still defend this clown.

I'm not defending him. I just realize how shitty our o line is. Which is why we run a ton of option plays to begin with.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not defending him. I just realize how shitty our o line is. Which is why we run a ton of option plays to begin with.

Based on what? We don't even try to run anything else with Lynch at this point.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My only point is that when the game is on the line you let Wilson try to create something instead of hinging the game on a pre-snap read. We could just trade him for Manziel and a boat load of other stuff if that's all we're really looking for in a QB.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? We don't even try to run anything else with Lynch at this point.

Because the line sucks! The option gives the backfield the ability to see and find a lane. A power run requires trust that a lane will be in a specific spot.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only point is that when the game is on the line you let Wilson try to create something instead of hinging the game on a pre-snap read. We could just trade him for Manziel and a boat load of other stuff if that's all we're really looking for in a QB.

The option is a post snap read. One that he makes a lot of plays running.

Personally, I think Donald was just dominating a shitty interior all day. And that could and would have been a liability for the Hawks with any play in 4th and short.

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell is not a good OC, but he is by far not the worst in the NFL.

You wanna see the worst at his job? Look at Jonathan Smith at UW.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone's basically saying the same thing now and it was the same thing being said throughout the entire second half of last season if you remember. The OL is putrid and Tom Cable is responsible for that. He should've been fired in the offseason, but Carroll sat on his hands and did nothing. At this point, it's on Carroll that he's still on staff and not being held responsible.

Everything else is a symptom of the poor line - not being able to line-up in power formations, relying too much on option reads, and feeling like you have to get cute in short yardage situations in order to compensate. Bevell certainly isn't blameless when it comes to the glaring inconsistency on offense, but he can't fairly be judged on the whole until the OL is fixed.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can blame the ol but the rams equally bad ol had no problems converting 3rd downs when it mattered

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like you didn't know exactly what was coming the second you saw the formation.
I expected a run, but you can easily pass from that formation. There were 3 WRs in that set which is not a run formation. We flat out got beat on the play. Sometimes it happens.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can blame the ol but the rams equally bad ol had no problems converting 3rd downs when it mattered

Our defense couldn't tackle well, while the Rams defense could... That was the difference on a few of those 3rd downs... Also, I'd take the Rams OL over ours any day...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense couldn't tackle well, while the Rams defense could... That was the difference on a few of those 3rd downs... Also, I'd take the Rams OL over ours any day...
Yup poor tackling and blown assignments on defense, for sure need that cleaned up when they play the Packers.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White board is one thing. Fact is that our guys up front were getting their asses kicked all game. Why the fuck did Bevel think that would magically change on 4th and 1 when they knew the play was coming because it was so fucking predictable?
So since you are all so much smarter than Bevell, what play should he have called?

The line is fucking horrible, but they were playing better in the second half and had created some running lanes late.

SEATTLE LOST BECAUSE THEY GAVE UP 34 POINTS.

FFS, had they ran down and scored and won at the last minute no one is crying like the wheels are coming off, no one is going nuts about Bevell, and no one is that worried about how bad that defense actually was. And anyone denying that is full of shit.

Quick, how many other games in the Carroll era have they scored 31+ and lost.

They came up just short and most of the blame has to be on the defense. That's who we are. That's who we have always been under Carroll. That's how we have won the SB and made the trip back last year. We live and die by our defense and it was fucking horrible that game. Particularly late.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since you are all so much smarter than Bevell, what play should he have called?

The line is fucking horrible, but they were playing better in the second half and had created some running lanes late.

SEATTLE LOST BECAUSE THEY GAVE UP 34 POINTS.

FFS, had they ran down and scored and won at the last minute no one is crying like the wheels are coming off, no one is going nuts about Bevell, and no one is that worried about how bad that defense actually was. And anyone denying that is full of shit.

Quick, how many other games in the Carroll era have they scored 31+ and lost.

They came up just short and most of the blame has to be on the defense. That's who we are. That's who we have always been under Carroll. That's how we have won the SB and made the trip back last year. We live and die by our defense and it was fucking horrible that game. Particularly late.

I don't know, dial up a power I with Graham in the slot and either have Lynch try to be a wrecking ball or high ball Graham for the yard we need. You know, actually leave the balance of the game in the hands of the players that we're paying like 40 million+ for?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done arguing. My opinion is that Bevell is ill-fitted to run the unique talents that we have on our offense. Other people have contrary opinions. Whatever. At the end of the day everybody wants to see the same results.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, dial up a power I with Graham in the slot and either have Lynch try to be a wrecking ball or high ball Graham for the yard we need. You know, actually leave the balance of the game in the hands of the players that we're paying like 40 million+ for?
So the fact that like 5 people from the defense were already in our backfield at the mesh would magically be gone had the type of run been different? :L

They played one of the top defenses in the league and did so with a patch work mostly young O line in their first game as a unit.

You couldn't get more productivity out of that unit and neither could anyone else.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all stop pretending bevell has ever been good, he has been terrible since day one. Whether the defense shows up or not, bevell can be counted on to run an offense that can't score in the red zone and can't convert key 3rd and 4th downs.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you don't think the Rams would've been ready for that?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all stop pretending bevell has ever been good, he has been terrible since day one. Whether the defense shows up or not, bevell can be counted on to run an offense that can't score in the red zone and can't convert key 3rd and 4th downs.

He has not been "terrible"... LMAO... You don't go to b2b Superbowls with a terrible OC...