• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Seahawks to face Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Munich

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least its a road game, right?

at 6:30AM? wtf

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks.

A 9 hour time zone difference for Seattle vs a 6 hour difference for Tampa is a fairly large factor when you are dealing with jet lag implications. Of course the effects vary from one individual to another.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one team in each game basically loses a home game, right? How do the finances on that work? I assume those teams get cheaper season tickets, lacking one game, but does the team itself suffer financially?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one team in each game basically loses a home game, right? How do the finances on that work? I assume those teams get cheaper season tickets, lacking one game, but does the team itself suffer financially?

Its interesting because we have 9 home games and this will be a road game for us. Why didn't they this make the 9th home game?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I can tell based on jag fans having a game in London each year.. there is no price change for those buying season tickets. They simply losses a home game but pay the same price.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Tampa loses that home game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate these fuckin' Europe games.
I hate them for a multitude of reasons.

I get that the NFL is trying to expand its audience to Europe, but the burden that it causes on players, teams and fans just isn't worth it.

Think of it like this, if New York hosted a game for Real Madrid against Barcelona, would that increase American interest in European soccer? Of course not.

If the NFL wants to expand its viewership, they should do what the NBA has done. Work on promoting football at the amateur levels and draft those guys into the NFL. That'll get European natives interested in the sport just like it has with basketball.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and I went to the London game a few years ago. We had an absolute blast and would do it again. There were 10,000 Germans in London for that game and we creamed Duh Raiduhs. I will never forget Mr Allen died the Monday after that game.
We met life long new friends on that trip and they reserved a hotel room for us in case we can attend the game in Munich. An incredible experience to go to a game in Europe to watch your team.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be living in the central time zone when the season starts, so 8:30 in the morning is not bad at all. And one cool thing about these Europe games is it's an opportunity for US servicemembers stationed over there (and there are a lot) to catch a game without having to fly all the way back to the states or wait 3 years until their tour is over.

To deal with the time change, I think the team should travel there as soon as the previous week's game is over. Treat it like the SB and practice there all week.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't have east coast teams playing west coast teams in Europe games. A 9 hour time difference vs a 6 hour time difference can be a big factor when trying to kick the jet lag.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Germany so this is a gift from the gods of all teams that could play here it was the seattle seahawks this is awesome. Now you guys know my pain when you play primetime or west coast games and I have to wake up early on Mondays to catch the highlights.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be living in the central time zone when the season starts, so 8:30 in the morning is not bad at all. And one cool thing about these Europe games is it's an opportunity for US servicemembers stationed over there (and there are a lot) to catch a game without having to fly all the way back to the states or wait 3 years until their tour is over.

To deal with the time change, I think the team should travel there as soon as the previous week's game is over. Treat it like the SB and practice there all week.
What state did you move to?