• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am once again participating in a fan mock this year, and it's interesting to see. We've gotten the first day in the books and OL is not looking good for our first round pick:

We are still 8 picks from Seattle and Spriggs and Ifedi are the only two I would concider who are still on the board, though Shon Coleman is still an option if everyone remaining takes my top remaining players.

So far, there have been selected:

2 QBs
1 S
4 OT
3 LBs
4 DEs
2 CBs
1 DTs
1 RB

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am once again participating in a fan mock this year, and it's interesting to see. We've gotten the first day in the books and OL is not looking good for our first round pick:

We are still 8 picks from Seattle and Spriggs and Ifedi are the only two I would concider who are still on the board, though Shon Coleman is still an option if everyone remaining takes my top remaining players.

So far, there have been selected:

2 QBs
1 S
4 OT
3 LBs
4 DEs
2 CBs
1 DTs
1 RB

:hope:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took Sheldon Rankins, DT Louisville with the Seahawks first pick. I really wanted to take Spriggs, but I felt that if Rankins fell to Seattle that they'd pick BPA and that would be Rankins and not Spriggs. Hope I don't regret that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took Sheldon Rankins, DT Louisville with the Seahawks first pick. I really wanted to take Spriggs, but I felt that if Rankins fell to Seattle that they'd pick BPA and that would be Rankins and not Spriggs. Hope I don't regret that.
I could see the Seahawks doing this, if they felt Rankins was the better player. In theory BPA is a good way to go, but the holes have to be addressed also and they choose not to do that with the FA market, so it has to be the draft where they address this and I don't see how they find a OT after the first round.

Last year I felt the Seahawks got the grandiose idea that could build a OL out of nothing, lots of Seahawks fans seem to believe this also ( not so much here, but other sites). I worry about the beating RW took last year, he is not made out of steel. So I'm all for addressing the holes in the OL first and foremost, above the BPA theory.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

regret a mock draft wtf hahahaha not like you are losing money on it or something lmao. Picking Rankins in a mock with no consequences attached to that pick ( loss of money, games in fantasy etc etc ) should'nt form any type of regret. It's all just for fun like picking which wiener dog wins the race at halftime :P

Rankins is a solid choice at pick #26 but i have a feeling he is going to be a bust. I think Ifedi might be the better talented Tackle over Spriggs but not by much and Spriggs is a much better athlete.

I would go Tackle in the first then you can get a top talent Guard in the 2nd and the weakest part of this team just got much stronger, the oline. Now i say top talent guard because guards always fall into the 2nd/3rd round that are starters or studs. On a team that wants to be a run first hard nose type team Guard is almost as important as tackle ... almost. This year the talent at guard is pretty thin but the chances more than 2 are picked before the Hawks 2nd rounder is not that high so they could snatch a top 5 Tackle and a top 3 Guard. They have not done that ever under PC/JS. The talent they might have at #26 should be WAY better than Carps talent level and the talent in the 2nd round should be head and shoulders better than the talent they got from Mofitt ( both were picked in 2011 1st and 3rd rounds ). Tackle then Guard and i will jump for joy but to be honest i don't trust Cable to coach them up unless they are a DT getting moved to the offensive line.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Seahawks doing this, if they felt Rankins was the better player. In theory BPA is a good way to go, but the holes have to be addressed also and they choose not to do that with the FA market, so it has to be the draft where they address this and I don't see how they find a OT after the first round.

Last year I felt the Seahawks got the grandiose idea that could build a OL out of nothing, lots of Seahawks fans seem to believe this also ( not so much here, but other sites). I worry about the beating RW took last year, he is not made out of steel. So I'm all for addressing the holes in the OL first and foremost, above the BPA theory.

I'm not entirely sure that Seattle doesn't think they currently have 5 guys they can start on the line if a player they want doesn't drop to them. I don't think there will be the feeling of needing to reach for OL at this point. Do I think the line is elite or anything? No, but I think the team will feel they can take who they have if the right situation doesn't present itself.

I haven't gotten a Hawks selection right since 2012, and part of that is that I tend to draft on what I feel is need, and Seattle doesn't seem to feel that is a good idea.

@Screamin12th Now, I understand where you're coming from about it meaning nothing, but I am trying to see if I can get anywhere near what Seattle does. The only way I will know for sure is if Rankin is available, and Seattle passes on him. As for nothing being on the line, there is the $10,000 vcash pot for the one deemed to have had the best draft, so there's fake money out there....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not entirely sure that Seattle doesn't think they currently have 5 guys they can start on the line if a player they want doesn't drop to them

That's what scares me. I've watch Webb game tapes and no way can he play OT. His feet are way to slow. The only other idea would be to move Britt back to RT and move Webb to LG, oh yeah and move Gilliam to LT ( which is what they'll most likely do in any case).:crazy: I'm usually a glass half full thinker, but if they don't draft a quality OT, that's going to test my faith.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to stay put on this and say the Hawks draft o-line in the first even if BPA is on the board or they trade up to get their guy. PC's comments kind of stuck with me on how disappointed he was with the o-line.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love the pick of Rankins... I've been high on this kid for some time... He's going to be a very good DT in the middle who can put pressure on the QB...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the pick of Rankins... I've been high on this kid for some time... He's going to be a very good DT in the middle who can put pressure on the QB...

I agree Rankins would be a nice piece but......

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be all for taking Rankins if he falls, I don't see it happening. Outside of Rankins being there, I'd like to see them go OL there.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General manager John Schneider has said that the Seahawks aren't done along their offensive line after losing two starters in free agency and signing two potential replacements.

He reiterated as much during a conversation with "Brock and Salk" while also talking about how the Seahawks have constructed their offensive line as well as the state of that position around the NFL.

Follow the latest Seahawks news with our free-agency tracker

Schneider and his wife Traci joined the show as in-studio guests Monday to promote their annual fundraiser for Ben's Fund, which assists local families with children on the autism spectrum (you can read more about that here).

When the conversation turned to football, Schneider shared a humorous anecdote that illustrates the consternation among Seahawks fans about the team's offensive line, a group that struggled last season then lost its two best starters in Russell Okung and J.R. Sweezy. The additions of J'Marcus Webb and Bradley Sowell haven't seemed to ease the outside concerns, which Schneider hears himself. For example, a gentleman from the chapel that he attends patted him on the back after a recent mass and said, "Make sure you take care of that offensive line, huh?"

Asked why the Seahawks haven't spent more resources on their offensive line (which doesn't have a player making more than $3 million a season), Schneider said it's not because they don't value that position; it's more so that they only have so much to spend with the salary cap, and they've spent it to retain core players at other positions.

And Schneider said the Seahawks aren't the only team in that situation due to what he described as a dearth of quality offensive linemen throughout the league.

"It's always been an area of concentration for us. What I tell people all the time is it's an area of concentration for everybody around the National Football League," Schneider said. "It's extremely hard right now to find offensive linemen. It's just a position over the last several years that has not been especially strong in the draft."

Schneider said one reason is that players with the right body type to play offensive line instead choose the defensive line after high school because it's more glamorous.

"It's just a matter of constantly trying to address that ... position, and it never stops," he said. "We addressed it early in free agency, we'll address it again in the draft and then we'll see what's happening this summer."

Asked about the offensive linemen in this year's draft, Schneider said the talent is more evenly spread out than it has been.

"It's a good group. It's better than it has been in several years," he said. "There doesn't appear to be as many drop-offs, if you will. I remember talking to you guys about Justin Britt. We felt like we needed to take Justin right where we did because there was a huge shelf there, a big drop-off. This one looks pretty consistent all the way through at this point."

Here are some more notes from Schneider's appearance on "Brock and Salk":

• Schneider answered in the affirmative when asked if he feels confident that strong safety Kam Chancellor will be with the Seahawks in 2016, which both sides have either said will be the case. So no holdout this year? "No, I wouldn't think so," Schneider said. When asked about where things stand, Schneider's comments again left the impression that the fences have been mended after Chancellor's holdout last year. "I think everybody felt it was a little bit of an odd situation, and when Kam came back, he was nothing but a pro. He stepped in right away and was a leader and did everything that he's done in the past. We all go through different points in our lives that we struggle and try to overcome whatever adversity is in front of us. He's definitely done that."

• Schneider said this when asked about defensive lineman Michael Bennett firing Drew Rosenhaus as his agent and hiring Doug Hendrickson, a move he presumably made with an eye toward getting the new deal he's been looking for since last year: "Doug is actually a good friend of mine along with Drew in the agent community. Not exactly sure why Michael made that decision, but from a communication standpoint, it's really going to be the same as it always has."

• Schneider gave some insight into the team's approach to pre-draft visits, saying that a lot of the players Seattle brings in are those who are projected to be drafted in the fourth round or later and who weren't invited to the scouting combine, meaning the Seahawks didn't have an opportunity to talk to them there. Running back Derrick Henry of Alabama would be an exception as he falls under neither category.

• Asked if he's worried about quarterback Russell Wilson's weight in light of some recent photos that surfaced, Schneider said, "I'm not worried about him at all."

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round i selected Jerald Hawkins, OT LSU.

I don't think Seattle will pick this way, as he isn't a natural run blocker, but he seems to be a good fit as a LT in pass protection in the NFL. I had hoped Ifedi would fall to me in the 2nd after the Shelton pick, but he went 7 picks before me. Hawkins may not be Decker (who I never had a chance at), but he might be able to surprise some and start at LT day 1, which is about as good as you can expect from the second round.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Seattle will pick this way, as he isn't a natural run blocker, but he seems to be a good fit as a LT in pass protection in the NFL. I had hoped Ifedi would fall to me in the 2nd after the Shelton pick, but he went 7 picks before me. Hawkins may not be Decker (who I never had a chance at), but he might be able to surprise some and start at LT day 1, which is about as good as you can expect from the second round.

I was watching Ifedi falling down the draft and with you taking a DL player in the 1st round was ready to try and jump ahead of the Seahawks as I figured you would go OL in the 2nd. Unfortunately he got picks just a few picks before I was ready to try and trade up. Hawkins though looks like a nice consolation prize as he is a natural fit in the ZBS with good feet. Needs some time in the weight room as lacks that strength to really manipulate a defender and could struggle against a bull rush to start off with but good pick.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching Ifedi falling down the draft and with you taking a DL player in the 1st round was ready to try and jump ahead of the Seahawks as I figured you would go OL in the 2nd. Unfortunately he got picks just a few picks before I was ready to try and trade up. Hawkins though looks like a nice consolation prize as he is a natural fit in the ZBS with good feet. Needs some time in the weight room as lacks that strength to really manipulate a defender and could struggle against a bull rush to start off with but good pick.

I had thought of trading up when Ifedi fell to within 10 picks, but I'm not very good at the trades, so I tend to stay put.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to keep everyone up to date. I traded our 3rd round pick 27 to Minnesota for 2 4ths and a 7th.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hawkins in the second round? Only watch him play in the Alabama game, so very small sample size. My impression is that he nothing like what the Seahawks like in a OL. Not a great run blocker, looks under sized and weak for the NFL. Course it's so easy second guessing a pick, bravo for having the confidence to do a mock. Looking forward to the rest of your draft.

One other thing, 9 picks weren't enough? Boo for trading back in the third.:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A line of thought by fans for fixing the OL is to upgrade the interior of the line. Draft someone like McGovern in the second to take over Britt spot, then draft a center in the third to take over Lewis job. This would allow them to draft a defensive player in the first and still improve the OL, all though RT ( assuming Gilman gets moved to LT) will be a major weak spot.:noidea:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of my Placement (Canada). I don't know much or see much college ball but if you got Bennett (who could play DT if needed), Hill (who was decent), Rubin who was good(not Great but good). Why take a DT 1st if you want Starters in the 1st????

I would have taken Ifladi with #1 and waited till the 3rd to grab a Rotational DT if I where doing it but I pissed off alot of "those guys" the first and last time i had 1 because of work and School taking up much in my life