• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mock draft thread 2017

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not see who I picked? Plus Jags took him right after I took Worm

Well if Brantley is still there, I guess I would be ok with a move to get him despite the fact that he is a Gaytor. Would improve our D-line talent, although we would still need an NT.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I'm not reading every post. Now I see it lol

1) McCaffey - dramatically helps our offense in running but also catching
2) Wormley - dramatically helps our defense in getting pressure on the QB
3) Hoping NT

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I'm not reading every post. Now I see it lol

Party foul.. .as a Redskins fan, you are duty bound to read every single post on the board...

EVER!!!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get that nose tackle!

who are the NTs left, and is there one worthy of a third round pick.

Again my only beef with Brantley if he is still thre in the 3rd is... he was raised wrong being a Gaytor and all.

And FSU does NOT have an NT worthy of the 3rd round in this draft nor does Maryland.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlinson would be a good pick as will montavious Adams . There are big Stevie later , Coward later , topula later i would not have made the trade though

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Mahomes? :D

IN the second or preferably the third.. fine.

But if we draft Mahomes at 17, I can guarantee you two things.

1. I will be driving to Ashburn five minutes after the pick is announced.

2. Skinsdad will be driving to Ashburn to save Bruce Allen from a size 10.5 combat boot in his ass.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IN the second or preferably the third.. fine.

But if we draft Mahomes at 17, I can guarantee you two things.

1. I will be driving to Ashburn five minutes after the pick is announced.

2. Skinsdad will be driving to Ashburn to save Bruce Allen from a size 10.5 combat boot in his ass.

I like Mahomes but Im with ya. Not touching him at 17. Also think he might be best off sitting for a year or 2 anyways. But thats a problem for another team...i think...

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Shark how are you man. If you gonna take Cook you might as well take Mixon at 17. He is a complete rb with big play ability also. I question Cook ability to be a between the tackle runner. But I understand the Cook pick, he would fit very nicely is a pass happy off like Gruden. But Shark you now as well as I do you eventually will need a good between the runner, goal line etc. Jones and Kelly I have doubts. If you pick Cook you will need another upgrade with the rb's. Me personally if all of the top players on my board are gone I would take the more conservative route and pick Lamp. But all drafts don't go as expected, which makes thing very interesting.

As I have said many times, Mixon at 17 shouldnt happen. I realize he has the talent and is likely a better between the tackles runner. But at what point does character out weigh talent?? I think when we have a situation like this one, it does and should. Its not like he got into a fight with his girl friend/wife and an altercation broke out. He cold cocked a chick that he didnt even know, reportedly because she turned him down for other inappropriate actions.

Pass, period.

Guys, we're not drafting candidates for an empty seat on the college of Cardinals, we are drafting football players by football organizations, who when the issue is character, rank pretty close to politician IMO. I can see where "character issues" become a factor in a few other venues, but not the NFL. This is especially true on an organization like Washington who's latest test of character was publicly displayed in generating a way to rid itself of their GM.

Character judgements or not NFL drafts are all about selecting the best players possible for your team. We simply cannot afford to not do our due diligence on prospects and opt instead to draft from a position of "character" paralysis. If the pick is going to be RB at 17, Joe Mixon is the absolute best in this class.

If we are to pass judgement on prospects.....make damned sure.....bring them in for evaluation at the very least. Then if we are to pass judgement, let's be damned sure that we are among the 0% who don't have "character issues" ourselves.....right Bruce?.....heh Dan?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we're not drafting candidates for an empty seat on the college of Cardinals, we are drafting football players by football organizations, who when the issue is character, rank pretty close to politician IMO. I can see where "character issues" become a factor in a few other venues, but not the NFL. This is especially true on an organization like Washington who's latest test of character was publicly displayed in generating a way to rid itself of their GM.

Character judgements or not NFL drafts are all about selecting the best players possible for your team. We simply cannot afford to not do our due diligence on prospects and opt instead to draft from a position of "character" paralysis. If the pick is going to be RB at 17, Joe Mixon is the absolute best in this class.

If we are to pass judgement on prospects.....make damned sure.....bring them in for evaluation at the very least. Then if we are to pass judgement, let's be damned sure that we are among the 0% who don't have "character issues" ourselves.....right Bruce?.....heh Dan?

there has to be a line Sty. For me, Mixon is over that line. At some point character has to Trump talent.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there has to be a line Sty. For me, Mixon is over that line. At some point character has to Trump talent.

That's fair, of course if I shared your position on this guy, I would totally pass on RB anywhere in this draft.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair, of course if I shared your position on this guy, I would totally pass on RB anywhere in this draft.

I think there are two RBs that are better, and one who is just a shade below him from a talent standpoint. Now Fournette will be gone well before we pick. Cook might be as well, same for McCaffery actually.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are two RBs that are better, and one who is just a shade below him from a talent standpoint. Now Fournette will be gone well before we pick. Cook might be as well, same for McCaffery actually.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this point. Fournette is a human battering ram IMO, Cook is a really good comparative runner, who IMO falls a bit short of Mixon as a pass catcher (I compare Mixon to our TE REED with better hands) and as a blocker. Clearly we disagree.....Is that a first for us?:D

BTW: McCaffery to me compares more closely to Chris Thompson.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this point. Fournette is a human battering ram IMO, Cook is a really good comparative runner, who IMO falls a bit short of Mixon as a pass catcher (I compare Mixon to our TE REED with better hands) and as a blocker. Clearly we disagree.....Is that a first for us?:D

BTW: McCaffery to me compares more closely to Chris Thompson.

First time we disagree?? Hardly. I think McCaffery is more like a McCoy who burns instead of tans, and isnt quite as fragile as Thompson. Would he be my first choice at 17? Nope. BUt if I was going to go RB, I would take him over Mixon because I simply dont like what Mixon brings from a character stand point.