• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MNF: Philly @ Seattle 815/5:15. ABC/TSN/ESPN

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am just talking only about the chances, not preferences. But 10 wins probably makes this team the 6 seed and @ Detroit for round 1. I am not so sure that's easier than playing @ Philly. I am not super scared of Philly, and I think Detroit may actually be a better team. Based on remaining schedule, I don't think Dallas has much of a chance to overtake the Eagles in the east.

What do you mean? Dallas is already ahead of Philly. Granted Philly has a super easy run in with the Giants twice and the Cards so it's entirely possible that they will win the division. But it is also possible that the Lions overtake the Eagles as well since they have the same record.

Yeah, I figured the D wouldn't get rolled vs Philly the way they had struggled vs the 2 best offenses in the NFC for 3 straight games. Quality of the opponent does matter in how well you perform.

Any team that can attack the middle intermediate effectively can just gash us. Hopefully we've improved against the screen.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean? Dallas is already ahead of Philly. Granted Philly has a super easy run in with the Giants twice and the Cards so it's entirely possible that they will win the division. But it is also possible that the Lions overtake the Eagles as well since they have the same record.
Dallas and Philly are tied right now. Split h2h, same div record (# of losses), same conf record (# of losses). If they both win out (more likely for Philly), Eagles have the strength of victory tie breaker according to the ESPN playoff machine. I think the Eagles would probably have to lose 1 more game than Detroit to be overtaken by them (who plays @ Dallas week 17). Possible but probably less likely. As you point out, Philly has the easiest remaining schedule of any playoff contender and maybe in the whole league. Looks like the playoff machine site is not working right now but interesting to play around with it and see what would need to happen for Detroit to overtake Philly, but I am pretty sure Eagles have tie-breakers in their favor over Dallas and Detroit.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas and Philly are tied right now. Split h2h, same div record (# of losses), same conf record (# of losses). If they both win out (more likely for Philly), Eagles have the strength of victory tie breaker according to the ESPN playoff machine. I think the Eagles would probably have to lose 1 more game than Detroit to be overtaken by them (who plays @ Dallas week 17). Possible but probably less likely. As you point out, Philly has the easiest remaining schedule of any playoff contender and maybe in the whole league. Looks like the playoff machine site is not working right now but interesting to play around with it and see what would need to happen for Detroit to overtake Philly, but I am pretty sure Eagles have tie-breakers in their favor over Dallas and Detroit.

That's interesting. Looking at it I guess Dallas gets the nod now because they have one more conference win. Although I could see a scenario where the Eagles SOS drops quite a bit given their last 3 games.