• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MNF: Philly @ Seattle 815/5:15. ABC/TSN/ESPN

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock needs to continue to start. He WANTS to play. He is fired up and will do anything. No more lazy uninterested Geno PLEASE!!!!!!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks with the surprising win

Seahawks with the win!

Lock needs to continue to start. He WANTS to play. He is fired up and will do anything. No more lazy uninterested Geno PLEASE!!!!!!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Quite the final few minutes there. Nice to win for a change.

With all of the bickering, finger pointing and infighting we have been doing here...............................

Feels good to get a W

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the bickering, finger pointing and infighting we have been doing here...............................

Feels good to get a W
100% feels good, it also felt good to see some emotional play from our qb that wasn't crybaby emotions.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK was amazing on that final drive. Great to see Lock get his first game winning drive

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensed picked it up in the second half and the offense scored 17 points. I think the Eagles had like 250 yards in the first half. Was nice to see them open up the play book for Lock more in the 2nd half and remove the handcuffs AND to RUN THE DAMN BALL MORE! Proud how the team played in the second half. Yes the Eagles are on a skid but they are still a strong and talented team.

I want Lock to be the starter the rest of the way but even more I want the darn defense to play to there talent level.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was better without adams, big shock.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone wanna remind our defense that this ISN'T the CFL?
That you CAN force a fourth down?

How can we have a difference DC on the sideline, yet still run on Ken Norton's playbook?!

Yeah, this one ended long ago...
Welp...it's nice to be wrong about that one, though I think that took us ALL by surprise tonight!

Lock was flinging them like never before...Must have been learning something from watching Geno.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp...it's nice to be wrong about that one, though I think that took us ALL by surprise tonight!

Lock was flinging them like never before...Must have been learning something from watching Geno.

Did you see him get punched pretty much right in the mouth by Carter and just wiped off the blood and kept playing? Lock has always been a tough hard throwing QB that was underdeveloped. He had 2 or was it three balls dropped today and was 22-33 or 66.7% was over 70% last week. The Seahawks receiving crew ( TE/WR/RB ) has enough talent on it to carry a QB. Lock looks more than capable and had to split #1 snaps AGAIN all week to Geno further slowing his chemistry with Lockett, DK and JSN.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His second half was MUCH better than his first. Forgot to add that, He just needs more time. Lock always had ALL the skills needed just not the knowledge or experience.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK was amazing on that final drive. Great to see Lock get his first game winning drive
Lock stepped up, and I like the way he was getting the ball to DK… That last drive was amazing, spreading it around but also targeting your best weapon … I honestly wish we would stay with Lock and see what he can do …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock stepped up, and I like the way he was getting the ball to DK… That last drive was amazing, spreading it around but also targeting your best weapon … I honestly wish we would stay with Lock and see what he can do …

Yeah Lock is a unknown commodity that we NEED to see play. He has sat and learned which was what he needed to do. He was never ready to be a rookie starter and was thrown into the fire way to soon. I have seen progress in his play from last preseason to this preseason, you could tell he was more in control. Then we saw his improvement from the first half to the second. He just needs playing time.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lock played pretty well overall. Missed some passes but that is to be expected.

The offensive line played really well last night. One of their best performances of the season. Lock was mostly untouched today. Gave up the one sack on Bradford whiffing on Carter but I only recall 2 or 3 pressures. They also provided some good running lanes.

Game ball really goes to K9. He was simply outstanding last night. He personally kept a few drives alive on his own.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was confident about that game going in, glad it worked out how I thought it would. Fulfilling win. Some things that stuck with me:
  • Not huge numbers, but Drew Lock was steady and steely-eyed. 0 turnovers. Absolute dime to JSN for the game winner after the absolute dime to DK on 3rd down for ~30 yards. He missed on a couple, but what a spot to come in and get the win of the season. Not sure if he's the future at QB, but I love the easy gas he has with the arm.
  • It was worrying at the beginning w/o Spoon. I thought our secondary was going to get shredded, but they hung in ok after a shaky first drive. I think the longest play our D gave up was a Jalen Hurts run. Julian Love made some fantastic plays.
  • K9 was a dude. He was running tough, and it was just beautiful how he set up the blockers on the TD run.
  • Leonard Williams had his best game as a Hawk, seemed like he was everywhere. Need this more often.
  • I don't think the tush push should be banned per se, but I think it's BS that you can shove ball carriers forward. If a defender shoves a ball carrier backward, they still award forward progress. The shoving should count both ways or not at all, and I prefer not at all. This isn't rugby.
  • Do we have a QB controversy? Or is Drew Lock now the starter? It's unclear to me. It sounded like Geno was healthy enough to play last night if you listened to Pete leading up to the game, then during warm-ups it was clear that Drew Lock was going to be the guy. Was Geno just quite right, or has Pete installed Lock as the starter? This coming week should be interesting.
Last night was thrilling. So much better than losing for a draft pick. F that. 10 wins is definitely in play now, and that probably gets us a 1st round matchup vs Detroit instead of Philly. We've beaten both of them, so either way it's a winnable game. If you're still rooting for losses, maybe go be a Bears fan. They pick at the front of the draft nearly every year. How exciting!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was confident about that game going in, glad it worked out how I thought it would. Fulfilling win. Some things that stuck with me:
  • Not huge numbers, but Drew Lock was steady and steely-eyed. 0 turnovers. Absolute dime to JSN for the game winner after the absolute dime to DK on 3rd down for ~30 yards. He missed on a couple, but what a spot to come in and get the win of the season. Not sure if he's the future at QB, but I love the easy gas he has with the arm.

His throw to JSN was the best throw I've seen him throw. He played well but he also had a lot of time in the pocket last night.

• It was worrying at the beginning w/o Spoon. I thought our secondary was going to get shredded, but they hung in ok after a shaky first drive. I think the longest play our D gave up was a Jalen Hurts run. Julian Love made some fantastic plays.

We don't usually get attacked much on the outside. Mainly because our interior pass defense has been straight up bad all season. Love had some huge plays, but he also got beat a few times.

• K9 was a dude. He was running tough, and it was just beautiful how he set up the blockers on the TD run.

Agreed. Player of the game for the Hawks

• Leonard Williams had his best game as a Hawk, seemed like he was everywhere. Need this more often.

Agreed. He played really well against a good Eagles OL.

• I don't think the tush push should be banned per se, but I think it's BS that you can shove ball carriers forward. If a defender shoves a ball carrier backward, they still award forward progress. The shoving should count both ways or not at all, and I prefer not at all. This isn't rugby.

Seems like the Eagles are uniquely good at this play. Not sure how long it will last though.

• Do we have a QB controversy? Or is Drew Lock now the starter? It's unclear to me. It sounded like Geno was healthy enough to play last night if you listened to Pete leading up to the game, then during warm-ups it was clear that Drew Lock was going to be the guy. Was Geno just quite right, or has Pete installed Lock as the starter? This coming week should be interesting.

Pete said in the post game presser that Geno is the starter.

Last night was thrilling. So much better than losing for a draft pick. F that. 10 wins is definitely in play now, and that probably gets us a 1st round matchup vs Detroit instead of Philly. We've beaten both of them, so either way it's a winnable game. If you're still rooting for losses, maybe go be a Bears fan. They pick at the front of the draft nearly every year. How exciting!

I was at a Seahawks bar in the city. Everyone there was thrilled with the win. I will say they all thought that Pete should retire after this season, though.

Rooting for a loss just to be a few slots higher in the draft is a terrible way of being a fan. Getting used to losing is a bad habit.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete said in the post game presser that Geno is the starter.
Ah, ok. I definitely missed that. The final 3 games are very winnable with either QB, but the way Pete played that last night had me wondering. Brock is saying right now that Geno may have re-aggravated the groin during the week. Maybe he'll do that again this week. If Geno is the starter, it's super odd to me that he was active and available to play last night but didn't start.
I was at a Seahawks bar in the city. Everyone there was thrilled with the win. I will say they all thought that Pete should retire after this season, though.
I'm conflicted. My biggest problem with Pete is the inability to beat Sean McVay. Last year was an exception when we swept them (I think Aaron Donald missed both of those games), but why can't Pete figure that out?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos for predicting a Seahawk victory.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, ok. I definitely missed that. The final 3 games are very winnable with either QB, but the way Pete played that last night had me wondering. Brock is saying right now that Geno may have re-aggravated the groin during the week. Maybe he'll do that again this week. If Geno is the starter, it's super odd to me that he was active and available to play last night but didn't start.

From what I understand, Geno was going to start until pre-game warmups and then Carroll say him because he couldn't go. It's possible that Geno won't be ready on Sunday either and Lock will go. We will see. I'm cool either way.

Now if we can just get Pete to stop with the running plays on 2nd and 15.

I'm conflicted. My biggest problem with Pete is the inability to beat Sean McVay. Last year was an exception when we swept them (I think Aaron Donald missed both of those games), but why can't Pete figure that out?

I think he struggles with teams that like high tempo.