• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MNF: Philly @ Seattle 815/5:15. ABC/TSN/ESPN

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was fun. Both of last year’s Super Bowl teams have had three game losing streaks this year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was fun. Both of last year’s Super Bowl teams have had three game losing streaks this year.
The Eagles are imposters. They have a couple really good wins on paper, but they have also barely snuck by some mediocre to bad teams up until getting totally blasted by SF and beaten handily by Dallas. They benefit from a very soft schedule the final 3 weeks and probably still end up getting the 2 seed, but they won't go far in the playoffs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, ok. I definitely missed that. The final 3 games are very winnable with either QB, but the way Pete played that last night had me wondering. Brock is saying right now that Geno may have re-aggravated the groin during the week. Maybe he'll do that again this week. If Geno is the starter, it's super odd to me that he was active and available to play last night but didn't start.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, matches up with what I just heard from Pete on 710.
kind of want to see what lock can do against a shitty team, titans are near the bottom in almost every passing defense stat

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you're saying that the Seahawks still have a chance? :high5:
The mostly unexpected win last night plus GB dropping one they probably should have won helped our chances big time. Of course, a lot of that can be undone if we stub our toe down the stretch. The way the schedules look for other wildcard hopefuls in the NFC, the Hawks can probably still lose 1 more game and make the 7 seed with 9 wins. However, getting to 10 wins gives us a great shot at the 6 seed, which likely means a 1st round matchup @ Detroit instead of @ NFCE champ as the 7 seed.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Lock is an unknown commodity that we NEED to see play. He has sat and learned which was what he needed to do. He was never ready to be a rookie starter and was thrown into the fire way to soon. I have seen progress in his play from last preseason to this preseason, you could tell he was more in control. Then we saw his improvement from the first half to the second. He just needs playing time.
Yeah, we don’t know Locks ceiling if he was to be the starter and get all the reps in and build some chemistry … We know what Geno’s ceiling is, and he’s actually regressed from last year .. I’m sure Pete’s gonna stick with Geno, but man, I’d much rather roll he dice with Lock, see what happens.. We’re not a Super Bowl team regardless so why not try and see what he brings… Would be a good assessment on where we go in the draft QB wise …

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB just went in the tank the past 2 games. Odd that they think our chances are better than Rams despite them having the h2h edge. I guess they put a lot of stock in difficulty of remaining schedule. Rams play SF week 18, but Niners could have the 1 seed locked up at that point while Rams could be in a win & in situation.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add that it was good to see DK behave himself and come up big in key moments. In a tight game like that, one temper episode could have been the difference between winning and losing.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add that it was good to see DK behave himself and come up big in key moments. In a tight game like that, one temper episode could have been the difference between winning and losing.
Yeah, I was happy with his composure on that play downfield with 49 seconds left where he caught the ball in tight coverage between two defenders... He didn't celebrate but instead got right up and ran the ball to the field judge so he can spot the ball quickly... He was all business at that point...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys stepped up and made big time plays which was nice to see. Lock most of the game was mediocre but glad he got himself a signature drive for the win. Feel good for the kid. Key to the game was Seattle 4 for 5 on 3rd downs over 10yds plus. I'd say the MO is with Lock and let him keep going.

Read that Eagles locker room went into meltdown mode and Philly sports radio is quite interesting today.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, you're saying that the Seahawks still have a chance? :high5:

GB just went in the tank the past 2 games. Odd that they think our chances are better than Rams despite them having the h2h edge. I guess they put a lot of stock in difficulty of remaining schedule. Rams play SF week 18, but Niners could have the 1 seed locked up at that point while Rams could be in a win & in situation.

I think We got a good Shot at this. Really good because we got the easiest road of the 4 for the final 3

Minnisota: vs Det., vs GB , @ Det.
Green Bay: vs Car, @ Min., @Chi.
Rams: vs NO, @ NYG, @ SF

We have the following:

-Tennesee with a hurt Levis.
-Pittsburgh without Pickett
-Arizona.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.......................

Is there a ban on the P word?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think We got a good Shot at this. Really good because we got the easiest road of the 4 for the final 3

Minnisota: vs Det., vs GB , @ Det.
Green Bay: vs Car, @ Min., @Chi.
Rams: vs NO, @ NYG, @ SF

We have the following:

-Tennesee with a hurt Levis.
-Pittsburgh without Pickett
-Arizona.
After beating the Eagles, there's a more likely than not chance of making the playoffs. Even 9 wins is probably good enough, and 10 is an absolute lock.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After beating the Eagles, there's a more likely than not chance of making the playoffs. Even 9 wins is probably good enough, and 10 is an absolute lock.

We must win the last 3 games even if we could get in with 9. Show some real belief and determination. Maybe then we could at least sneak a win in the 1st round.

When the OL is healthy, this is a top 10 offense. The defense is a lot more hit or miss but SHOULD be able to do well against non-elite offenses. Especially if Spoon is healthy, which hopefully he will be on Sunday.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must win the last 3 games even if we could get in with 9. Show some real belief and determination. Maybe then we could at least sneak a win in the 1st round.

Yeah, I am just talking only about the chances, not preferences. But 10 wins probably makes this team the 6 seed and @ Detroit for round 1. I am not so sure that's easier than playing @ Philly. I am not super scared of Philly, and I think Detroit may actually be a better team. Based on remaining schedule, I don't think Dallas has much of a chance to overtake the Eagles in the east.
When the OL is healthy, this is a top 10 offense. The defense is a lot more hit or miss but SHOULD be able to do well against non-elite offenses. Especially if Spoon is healthy, which hopefully he will be on Sunday.

Yeah, I figured the D wouldn't get rolled vs Philly the way they had struggled vs the 2 best offenses in the NFC for 3 straight games. Quality of the opponent does matter in how well you perform.