• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Washington is "preparing to take a big swing at a quarterback" this offseason.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't claim credit for this question, but it is very relevant.

What did Trubisky do to earn such admiration? Washington could have gotten the 26 year old free agent last year, instead opting to sign a much older Ryan Fitzpatrick. Now Trubisky appears to be a hopeful answer. So, why the change?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To change the narrative in DC, the team must draft its own QB in hopes of hitting on the pick. No current star or upgrade is coming to the Commanders, we all know this. Unfortunately under current ownership this will remain our position until we hit in the draft, Snyder is forced out or Snyder sells the team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep!! WR By far, followed by LB, followed by Safety then OL ( not necessarily a guard)

Wasn't your answer "Trubisky" When asked who the QB is going to be?

I disagree and RR disagrees.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing I've been saying all along Willis is a 2-3 year project

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree and RR disagrees.
I've called for the ouster of one
and his time will come due
I enjoy your work here
but don't make it two! :D

(Just kidding friend, hope you enjoyed this laughable moment!)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could cause a drop in the draft
He's a 5th year senior who came back to play primarily for two reasons.
1. Improve his stock after 4 pretty mediocre years.

2. Play against younger competitors in order to look better than he is.

This guy's only claim to first round status is desperation. Granted, he is the most starter ready, but that too is because of the added year and younger competition. His ceiling is fairly low in relation to Corral or Willis and that's the dilemma facing a team like Washington.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go back and fourth. If they come away with either Pickett, Corral, or Willis...I could live with it. They all have their warts.
None of them viable starters in year 1 so, we will also have a veteran stop gap starter in place for 2022.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of them viable starters in year 1 so, we will also have a veteran stop gap starter in place for 2022.
I've kinda accepted that Wilson and Watson isn't going to happen. I hope they give Willis a chance.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've kinda accepted that Wilson and Watson isn't going to happen. I hope they give Willis a chance.
so you wanna wait 2-3 years for Willis to develop and hope he is able to in that time

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting a couple of years isn't a bad thing. It didn't hurt Mahomes or Rodgers ... or Steve Young.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft Rumors: Malik Willis Blowing Away Coaches, Execs During Combine Meetings
DORIC SAM
MARCH 3, 2022

Michael Hickey/Getty Images

Many around the NFL believe that the top quarterback prospects in this year's draft are Pitt's Kenny Pickett and Liberty's Malik Willis.

But according to The Athletic's Jeff Howe, Willis might be setting himself apart with how he's impressed league personnel during this week's NFL combine.

"The overwhelming majority of those evaluators also believe Willis has the highest ceiling of the signal-callers, but he’ll need at least a season to develop," Howe wrote. "Willis has continued to blow away coaches and executives during his meetings, which was also the case at the Senior Bowl."

This year's draft is notable because it likely will mark the first time since 2017 that a quarterback isn't selected with the No. 1 overall pick. Some draft prognosticators believe it's possible that a QB isn't chosen at all in the first round.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
But Willis might prove to be the prospect worth taking a chance on because of his massive potential. A transfer from Auburn, he threw for 2,857 yards with 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions while adding 878 yards on the ground and 13 rushing touchdowns in his second season with Liberty.

According to ESPN's Brooke Pryor, Willis exuded confidence in his media interviews, telling reporters Wednesday that he believes he should be the first quarterback off the board in April.

While the majority of teams picking in the top 10 aren't in need of a new signal caller, ESPN NFL draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. said in January that a team to watch could be the Atlanta Falcons at pick No. 8.

"Maybe Atlanta. ... They passed on quarterbacks last year, the heir-apparent to [Matt] Ryan. Do they pass on the heir-apparent this year? If Willis is really strong in this draft process over the next 94 days leading up to the draft, I think Malik Willis could end up an Atlanta Falcon at pick No. 8," Kiper said.

Willis is set to participate in throwing drills at the combine on Wednesday. He was one of the many quarterbacks to opt not to run the 40-yard dash.

B/R Recommends

article image
The 1 Move Every NFL Team Needs to Avoid in 2022 Offseason

article image
Ranking the NBA's Most Disappointing Stars This